on 6 September 2011
Erin has taken a year out of university and is doing some travelling and earning some money before her final year. She is working in a café in a small town called New Bay. Dan goes into the café everyday he has noticed Erin and finds her attractive. Erin has not taken much notice of Dan, not liking the way he dresses.

When Erin's friend gets glandular fever and has to pull out of a concert that Erin's got tickets for Dan offers to accompany Erin and takes the spare ticket. When Dan turns up to pick Erin up for the concert and he is wearing more fashionable clothes, Erin finds him more attractive. They enjoy the concert and share a kiss at the end. However when Dan does not turn up at the café at his usual time, the next day Erin thinks that Dan as lost interest.

Will Dan return and f he does will Erin be able to accept him when she knows the truth about him?

A romantic novella by Nell Dixon who was the winner of the RNA's prestigious Romance Prize 2007 and 2010.

This is another great book by Nell Dixon. The book can easily be read in one sitting and is a nice romantic tale. A recommended read for all romantic fans.
on 31 January 2012
I read a lot (and until I started measuring it through Goodreads, I'd no idea just how much). But only rarely does a book take me completely out of my world and into its own. Those few books get an automatic five-star rating. This is one of them.

It's especially difficult for an action scene to envelop me, because usually I'm consciously following the action, plotting it like a stage director within my mind. The scene in September Song that took me over was an action scene, so well written, so clean and crisp, that I didn't have to sort it out. Author Nell Dixon did a splendid job.

This little novella, a blend of contemporary romance and romantic adventure, is easily read in a single night. There are places where it can be set aside, but I enjoyed the characters and their interaction so much, I didn't want to. Dixon has a rare grasp of dialogue and prose. This is one where I can say, Treat yourself.

Five strong stars.
on 1 December 2012
This novella's cover is more appealing than the last, why? Maybe because it concentrates more on the happy couple on the front. This would probably make me take notice of it on a book shelf.
This novella features Erin who is on a "year out". So Erin has a problem she has, she has a spare ticket to one of the best ever concerts. What should she do with it? According to Erin's boss Kelly, the solution is quite simple, Dan should go with her. Erin isn't really sure she wants to go the concert with Dan, for one he is rather a "geek", then there's the mystery of why as a once surf champion , he no longer surfs... So will Erin give in to the pressure from her boss Kelly and go to the concert with Dan?
Out of five, I again have to say I would give 5/5!
on 30 January 2013
Have only just come across this author. I like her style. It is easy reading and am reluctant to put the story down until it is finished.
on 2 May 2016