5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!
Published on 20 Mar 2012 by Melon3

3.0 out of 5 stars New Found Freedom!
It's worked out great freeing my husband and I up to have a couple nights away if we want. The only downside is the "door" being easily opened by my cats. They end up getting to meal six by forcing the door open. I now use the meal six tray as the meal one tray and then set the times for the future meals accordingly.
Published on 13 July 2012 by Gloria

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 20 Mar 2012
This review is from: Andrew James 6 Day / Meal Automatic Pet Feeder / Bowl With Voice Recorder (Misc.)
This feeder is great. It can seem like it's a bit fiddly to set up the timers etc. at first, but as long as you follow the instructions it's fine (second time round I still needed them so hang onto them). The fact that you can record a message that plays 3 times each time the next meal is available is great (especially if you have a sleepy cat like mine). We've been away for a couple of long weekends now and our cat has eaten out of every section both times. We did get him used to it while we were at home first though, which I think is important as our cat was unsure of it to begin with (it does look like a big spaceship!), but each time it called we took him and showed him his dinner was ready and he got used to it within a week. It's certainly very sturdy and I don't think our cat could break into it. Very relieved to be able to go away and not worry about the cat being fed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well!, 11 Mar 2012
It was the 6 meal capcity that made me decide to buy this product, so I can easily feed my cat for 3 days whilst I am away!
So far so good - it has worked perfectly. A little complicated to set up, but as long as you follow the instructions it is fine, and once you figure out that the meal tray only fits into the machine one way, and don't force it, it is also fine!!
Love the recorded message function too! Most amusing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Six Meal Automatic Electronic Pet Feeder - Works well for our young dog with dry chow, 11 Aug 2014
Outstanding concept!

Was a little bit finicky to line up and took a few minutes to program, but was worth the effort. We have played with this feeder for a few weeks now, and it has worked very reliably. If we found ourselves in a time crunch, we would not hesitate to program this feeder to make sure that our dog gets his evening ration around his normal 5:30PM time and not have to wait for us to get home from a late stay at work. The feeder was instantly accepted by our hound... but then I don't think that I have ever seen a Golden turn down any type of food presented in any type of canister -- ever!

This feeder seems solidly built and is easy to use, once the programming effort is out of the way. There is only one request we would ask of the manufacturer; can you make a chilled version? Our cat is hopelessly smitten with wet food and will not touch dry product, and it would be nice to have one of these that would keep the wet food cool and fresh. Our cat is very independent and can stay in the house alone for longer period of time than the dog, so a cooled automatic feeder would be wonderful to have too!

If you are looking for an automatic pet feeder of this size and style, I absolutely recommend giving this unit a try. We received a gratis sample for testing, and have provided our honest, objective review in return.

Go for it!

3.0 out of 5 stars New Found Freedom!, 13 July 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Houston, we have a problem..., 3 Sep 2014
The item works beautifully. The understanding of the instructions is worth an NVQ at least. I think that the electronics need an update. The operating system is reminiscent of the days of Apollo 13 but, once mastered, give a great feeling of satisfaction... then you switch it off until next time you need it... and guess what? It clears the memory.

1.0 out of 5 stars NO STARS, 1 Nov 2014
Do NOT waste your money on this product.
Tested it before i went away and after a few problems i thought it was safe to leave my cat alone while we went away........ WRONG!!!!! Thank god i put biscuits down!
The feeder did not feed.
Instead i was welcomed to a very hungry and unhappy cat with mouldy food in the feeder.
Nearly £30 out of pocket it went straight in the bin!
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY PAY A HUMAN INSTEAD.
I didn't want to give any stars but couldn't post without so i give this product -10

5.0 out of 5 stars great product , easy to use, 25 Nov 2014
Contrary to some reviews I found the instructions were extremely well written and easy to follow and I soon had the feeder set up ready to test (just be sure to remember to press Start Now or Start Tom after inputting the timings). It worked absolutely perfectly when I tested it over a 3 day period. Have now just used it for real to feed our cat on a weekend away (set to open at 18:00 and 09:00 from friday evening to monday morning) and again it has worked perfectly, and most of the cat food has been eaten from each compartment. As dry food seems to be the only sensible choice for this I also put down a fairly large bowl of water (which he would never normally touch) and was surprised to find that this was empty when we returned - so next time I will put at least 2 large bowls down for him. This feeder has now paid for itself in terms of cattery fees saved. I just checked the batteries on a multimeter and they are still almost at full charge. So, less trauma for the cat than a trip to the cattery, and cheaper for us for the odd night or weekend away. Although the feeder is classed as a 6 day feeder (at one feed per day), personally I would not leave our cat on his own for any longer than 3 days - it would still be the cattery (or get someone to come in) for anything longer than that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great once we figured out how to work it!, 24 Sep 2014
Miss Cme Goodman "CatFace" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
Once we got this working it was brilliant! Our cat had no problem devouring anything from the trays. He does love to eat though, he's not fussy, his food, our food, his own bum... The instructions included are pretty confusing, we ended up Googling alternative instructions and found these much easier to follow. The recorded message is super creepy if it goes off when you're around. Obviously I've been watching too much Ghost Whisperer...

3.0 out of 5 stars the timer is a bit crap in terms of user friendliness, 14 Aug 2014
Bought two of these for our cats. It works well, batteries last a long time and my cats never managed to break in a get the rest of the food.

However, the timer is a bit crap in terms of user friendliness. I had it set for twice a day on one and 3 times a day on the other. Once they finish the cycle and get to tray 6 it does nothing and you have to press "start tomorrow/today" (depending on when you next timer is due). Annoyingly, instead of just moving to number 1, it cycles all the way round again. If you miss the next timer after a cycle has finished, you have to change the time to something prior to the timer, hit "start today/tomorrow", wait for the timer to go off and then change the time back - else the cats don't eat.

If it just kept automatically cycling until told to stop, all that would be avoided and it would be much less of a pain.

The playback of the voice recordings is also not very loud, no matter how close you get or how loud to speak into the mic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat lives, 24 Feb 2014
The mob is still alive after 4 days away and he can be a fussy chap. Mechanism worked well. Can't advise about much as husband set it up. Well made, works and fed the cat.