Colour: Stainless Steel|Change

on 25 February 2012
All who have had a cup from my machine have said it was great coffee! I've had my Saeco Syntia Cappuccino system for about 8 months now and am well satisfied. Agree somewhat with the below comments but accept the limitations of an automatic machine in this price range. The cappucino milk is frothed by steam injection, drawing fresh milk from the decanter reservoir and with the milk fresh from the fridge (set at +5 C) and a warm cup it is acceptable, especially if you add an extra shot of expresso. Warmer milk in the reservoir results also in warmer milk in the cup.

After making each cup, my machine displays a CLEAN / OK prompt, and if I press OK on the bottom right button I can go right on to making more cups without going through the full clean cycle.

I keep a square desert bowl under the spout so less water goes into the tray and place my cup on the tray when turning the system on so the cup is warmed by the power-on cleaning cycle.

There is room for design improvement on the machine:
- If the milk injection system accepted a standard pint milk bottle it would be more convenient to use
- The machine displays the empty prompt when there is still a few centimeters of water left on the bottom of the water reservoir - which is not very large.
- The machine uses water during clean cycles and the drain tray takes strength and coordination to remove without spillage.
- The replacement Brita filters are pricey

Yet the machine is about the right size; any taller and it would not fit under the kitchen cabinets.
on 10 March 2016
Nice stylish machine. My second Saeco, their brew unit remains the best of there.
On the "could be better" side the water reservoir is too small. If you drink Americano you will be filling up frequently. This is exacerbated by the cleaning cycles the machine goes through one hour after the last brew and again on wakeup after hibernation. These cleaning cycles also dump copious amounts of water in the drip tray which you will also be emptying frequently unless you put a cup or glass under the dispensing head after each brew.
on 5 June 2013
After reading many reviews about bean to cup machines and also the 'famous' capsule machines- I decided this was the better option for me. It was simple to set up and has made a perfect cappuccino every day since I brought it home.
on 28 August 2013
If you like espresso you will love it. Very quick and easy. You need patience as every time you switch it on and off it runs a cleaning cycle so you need a spare cup to catch the dirty water. I find the panarello the most annoying. It has to be thoroughly cleaned inside and out for the machine to make the froth properly. Otherwise you just get hot milk. I found that by putting in the dishwasher gives the best results. Many times however, it just heats the milk without making any foaming or frothy milk. When this happens I have to fiddle a bit lowering the cup so the milk is just touching the panarello which sort of spits and splutters and gives me bubbles not foam.

I won't be recommending this to anyone. I wanted nice foamy milk and most of the time I don't get that.
on 24 June 2015
this was the best choice
on 7 February 2013
Took a while to tinker with the settings to get the coffee right but once that was sorted, it makes excellent, strong, hot coffee
on 31 January 2012
FIRSTLY THIS MACHINE IS A NICE LOOKING MACHINE BUT WHEN U DO AN CAPPACHINO THE MILK THAT IF FROTHS UP COMES OUT ONLY WARM AND NOT HOT LIKE IT SHOULD... U CANNOT ALTER THE TEMP OF THE MILK (BUT U CAN THE COFFEE)SO AS A CAPPACHINO IS MAINLY MILK ITS ONLY 2 MINS BEFORE IS COLD... ALSO AFTER EVERY COFFEE U HAVE TO PRESS THE CLEAN BUTTON OR IT WONT LET U DO ANOTHER COFFEE WHICH IS A REAL PAIN AS THE MACHINE MUST EMPTY THE WATER NOT ONLY VIA THE SPOUNT BUT SOMEHOW VIA THE DRIP TRAY AS IN NO TIME U WILL FIND THE WATER TRAY/DRIP TRAY FULL AND HAVE TO EMPTY IT WHICH I FOULD WAS ONLY AFTER A FEW COFFEES AND ENDED UP SPILLING IT AS U DIDNT EXSPECT THIS SO BY THE TIME I REALISED IT WAS FULL AND A PAIN TO EMPTY..AMAZON WERE AMAZING AS USUAL AND ARE COLLECTING THIS MACHINE BUT DO NOT BUY AS IF U CALL THIS AUTOMATIC WELL ID HATE TO THINK WHAT A MANUAL MACHINE WAS ?? ANYHOW I DID FIND THAT IF U PUT SOME HOT WATER IN THE CUP PRIOR TO DOING A CAPPACHINO IT HELPED KEEP DEINK HOTTER FOR LONGER BUT AGAIN IF U HAVE TO DO THAT THEN ITS NOT AUTOMATIC ALL IN ALL AN EXSPENCIVE WASTE OF MONEY...
on 24 December 2014