on 18 August 2014
After the retirement of my old Saeco espresso machine that kept me supplied with fresh coffee almost every day for nearly 35 years I am the proud owner of a Phillips Saeco Exprelia. WHAT A GREAT Machine this is. Okay the water chamber is smaller but this for is me no problem. It brews from Bean to cup the most wonderful coffee. One thing I really like is the automatic rinse that cleans out the most important parts before and after use. Start up time is a matter of just a few seconds. Like I said before, it makes the perfect coffee or Lungo and a Super Cappuccino.
GOOD FOR ESPRESSO
====================
Because it's a bean to cup machine you choose how fine or coarsely the beans are, even before your first cup is brewed. The fineness of grind is important. Coffee beans which are too fine will expose too much surface area to the heated water and produce a bitter taste. But a very coarse grind can produce very weak coffee.

Because it grinds the coffee then brews there should be no deterioration of the beans. (Ground coffee starts to deteriorate because it's exposed to oxygen.)

Sorry for the waffle...

I GOT PERFECT RESULTS
======================
Designed, I think, for simpletons. It's impossible to go wrong. I'm a simple man and I got perfect results from my first cup. I didn't need to read thousands of pages of a manual or go on barista course.

Fill. Press. Wait. Voilà. Coffee.

JUST ESPRESSO ?
===============
Nopes. It makes lattes and a rather nice cappuccino. (superb steam)

LOOKS NICE TOO
===============
The machine look beautiful in our kitchen and looks well made and not too noisy.

RECOMMENDED
==============
Yes. I love it. Feel free to post a comment for any query
on 27 February 2014
First usage has been good. I am used to a Bean to Cup system for many years and this is good. The coffee and milk are hotter than my last machine and it is easy to use. It may be a little slower than my old Delonghi but so far the milk foam for cappuchino is very good.
on 9 March 2013
Error code E5 when first switched on. Took around 20 resets and manual prime of the pump from the service menu before managed to clear the error.

Now the machine is working, it's great!
Great coffee and pretty much self cleaning....love it!
on 18 January 2014
Brought this machine from philips Direct and the machine has been great!
It is large but build quality is great, Also the coffee is great to!
Do not be put off by people who have never had a bean to coffee machine before as this is now my third machine the other two were diffrent makes and not a patch on this.
on 8 April 2013
I was attracted to bean to cup machines as I wanted good fresh coffee without the hassle of a more manual espresso machine. I researched the topic to death and despite the coffee forums blasting these machines I decided to go for the Exprelia. It is expensive but seemed to have a good reputation and the appearance/quality was impressive. However once it arrived I was taken aback by its size. This is a big machine and even with a decent sized kitchen it took up a lot more space than I wanted. However I gave it a go as the performance may have convinced me. It didn't. Noisy, slow, tiny water tank, tiny grinds basket, luke warm coffee, barely luke warm milk. This is not a convenient way to have fresh coffee. The machine demands a lot of your attention just to function and produce a single shot. I expected much more for £750. It has now been replaced with a £180 Gaggia Classic which is a cracker of a machine and outperforms the Saeco in every way, including kitchen space, and is actually less effort to use despite not being a fully automatic machine. Better to buy a semi automatic or stick to instant!