5.0 out of 5 stars The best game ever.......
Ok so I am a thirty something mum and games are not really my thing but the Lego games for the Wii have completely got me hooked and this is without a doubt the best. It sticks to the usual format but there are loads of extras too that make it really good fun. I love the characters and the game itself is challenging but without being too complicated. Love it!
Published on 9 Feb 2012 by KarenC

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but Glichy
This game as with the other Lego games is quite fun to play. Hogwarts is similar to that of years 1-4 so you actually know where you're going.

However there seems to be many glitches with this game.

Published on 30 Nov 2011 by Jedi Lilly the Force Wielding ...

5.0 out of 5 stars The best game ever......., 9 Feb 2012
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii) (Video Game)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than 1-4 but not really any better. And alas it is quite glitchy, 20 Nov 2011
Adrian "adrianjfrost" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii) (Video Game)
Ok so we havent played this much yet but with the Lego games you do tend to get a good sense of what's on offer fairly early on. And it is pretty much a follow on from Harry Potter 1-4, which brings both good and bad

The 'good' is the sheer fun and attractiveness of the game, especially in two player. We played 1-4 as a family game and people could drop in and out at will with it all working seamlessly most of the time. That is true again (the lack of online co-op is shame but not a big deal, to us at least)

5-7 continues the story from the films as you might expect, but it adds more complexity along with a few more spells and abilities to make the game a little different to 1-4. It looks to have a bit more to explore too, which is great, since for us getting to 100% was easily as much fun and completing the story mode

The puzzles are still easy (it's almost like they have run out of ideas) but that does mean 100% is within the grasp of even relative novices (ie younger kids, with some grown up help) if they are determined and persistent. One frustration for us is getting stuck because a specific character is needed to perform a specific task - and it isnt always obvious who/what/why that is. The new combat thing seems a little out of character for the game but I guess we will get better with practice - given the focus of the later films does this too, I guess it make sense

The graphics are more 3 dimensional (there are time when characters become very small/distant on the screen) but can be quite glitchy but it hasnt spoiled the game for us yet. One huge improvement is the brightness control, 1-4 has so many dark sections it can be impossible to see/know what you are doing - no excuses now

Another slight dissapointment (for us at least) is having got 100% in 1-4 will give you no advantage at the start of 5-7. Some games let you bring some things/abilities with you, this one doesnt. And they have changed how spells work a little so you need to relearn your buttons (ie 1-4 dig is Wii button B in 5-7 it's button Z)

Ultimately, if you have liked playing 1-4 you are probably going to enjoy/want 5-7 to finish the story. If you enjoy 5-7 without having played 1-4 then you probably will want a copy of that too (though the price of 1-4 has gone up quite a bit since 5-7 came out so they obviously expect demand)

UPDATE - well after a few weeks playing the new spells and exploration are still fun but we are getting a little fed up with glitches. The structure of the game is such that it isnt always clear when you are in a story segment, but sometimes if you dont complete the story segment for some reason you get stuck later on and have to begin the whole game again. We got all the way to Just Desserts in Story Mode recently but didnt have the Focus spell to move on - so we had to start over from the beginning and hope whatever we didnt do last time we do do this time. This is proving rather less fun that HP 1-4, so much so the kids arent playing with 5-7 any more. I guess it was rushed out too soon to tie in with the film release and/or Christmas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, But Annoying..., 12 Feb 2012
Potterfan! (somewhere in Potterland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii) (Video Game)
I recieved this game for Christmas but only started playing it a few weeks ago; however so far it has been really entertaining, even though there are a few faults. It is full of duels, solving puzzles and searching for hidden objects- there is something for practically everyone unless they like being bored. To add to that, the things that are a little upsetting in the books and films have been made suitable, even hilarious, for children especially. One of those things- Ron taking the poisined drink- is really quite funny in the game, and when he takes the love potion, it is even more so. ONLY buy the game for children if they are quite clever and are not afraid of starting over.

There are some difficult stages, but once you figure out how to complete them you can travel on through the game. You can play as lots of characters wearing different outfits for different times- for instance, most characters can wear pyjamas when you have bought that outfit and character. There are loads of characters to find throughout the game- characters like Dirk Cresswell, and favorites such as Ginny and Arthur.

Even though it is definitely a fun and entertaining game, it can get a little boring having to travel all the way through the grounds to get from the Hogwarts Express to Hogwarts, when all you really want is the action. Also you cannot save whenever you want to. You have to keep playing until the Voldemort icon appears. This means that when you need to do something you can't until you have finished a level or section.Altogether I think this game is really fun, can be bought for people of almost any age, and will keep you or whoever you give the game to entertained- but is best played when you have lots of time.

Update-

Recently I have been reading the reviews and lots of people say they have encountered glitches. I have not come across any glitches so far in the game- I have just completed book 6- apart from one tiny thing where a character stays in the same place. There is a simple way to solve this- switch to another character. Also after reading the reviews, I have noticed that some people are annoyed because at some points in the game, the lighting is so dim you can barely see what you are doing. I agree with this completely; it is really hard to play when you can't see who you are, where you are and what you've got to do. Such a time is on the Hogwarts bridge in Deathly Hallows part two with Neville and Seamus- it is so hard to find one of the bombs to set off the bridge.

A glitch-ish thing:I replayed Kreacher Discomfits, but because at that point I wasn't supposed to have a particular spell, I got up a set of stairs I wasn't supposed to. The game froze, and I had to start the level again. It was really annoying! I mean, I haven't played 1-4 yet, which I suppose is good and bad (5-7 isn't a follow on from 1-4 so I had no difficulties) but when I do I hope it has been made more carefully. As a few people have said, it just came out too soon.

Right, I have just finished the whole thing- and have also discovered some more annoying things about the game. Me and one of my friends noticed that when you enter Knockturn Alley, (use the red charm on the suitcase) there is a place you can acess from Borgin and Burkes. It is, essentially, a big green lego board covered with all the HP Lego sets. You earn loads of money there by destroying them, BUT- once you get back to the main game, all of those coins have disappeared from your money. What is the point in trying to collect the coins if you don't have them when you can spend them? Perhaps this only happened to me and my friend for some reason, or I didn't save properly, but all the same...

5.0 out of 5 stars This will blow your mind twice, Non stop action and loads of charicters, 13 Jan 2012
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii) (Video Game)
Lego Harry Potters back and this time Dolores is involved. This game is fantastic, the sheer epicness of it. Playing as Kingsley, Lucky SunHat(Not wearing his SunHat unfortunately, maybe he will later on. It's cutting it pretty close), Mad eye Moody and lets defiantly not forget the best of the best Big D. Now in full form. Roam Hogwarts and find all your favourites lurking about, such as station guard and all the rest. There aren't really enough jokes in this game but there is a wild amout of destruction. Lego has always been good but this one will smash a massive hole in your face. Great for children and massive Harry Potter Nerds I.E. me. This game will kick you inj the face over and over. Hang out with Sirius, Go down knockturn Alley(everyone's favourite alley)or look out for Draco, you can do it all in this smash hit of a game. Forget Call of Duty, Super Mario, Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Legend of Zelda, Sonic the hedgehog, Battlefield, Age of empires, Civilisation, Mario Kart, F1, Fifa, Skyrim or any other game you can think of because htey will all be blown out the water by the biggest player of them all Lego Harry Potter years:5-7 for Nintendo Wii

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but Glichy, 30 Nov 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii) (Video Game)

However there seems to be many glitches with this game.

The most frustrating part for me is that there is no manual save option, you have to wait until you see Voldemorts head floating on the screen to know that it has saved, which can sometimes take quite a while.
It does not even appear to save after you have bought items in Diagon Alley either, which means that if you unlock something then you have to make sure you get to a save point afterwards or you have to go any buy it again the next time you play.
Also when you leave Diagon Alley through the Leaky Cauldron you have to run through muggle London to find the Hogwarts Express, then you have to run all the way from Hogsmeade back to Hogwarts just to continue the game. I don't think this is a bad thing exactly just tedious.

There are quite a few glitches in this game that causes the Wii to freeze and let out a loud whistling noise, the only way to get past this is to pull the power cable and reboot the Wii. The first time I encountered this was in year 6 around Christmas time. This happened about 3 times before I found a way round the glitch to continue with the game. Now I am nearing the end of year 6 and found another glitch that caused the Wii to freeze. This as you can imagine gets very annoying especially when Children are playing.

I think this game has been a little rushed which is what has caused the glitches; also the lighting can be a little dark in places.

A good game but not up to the standard of the other Lego games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 wii, 28 Aug 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii) (Video Game)
When my mum bought this game for the family I was realy exited so was my brother when we first played on it we enjoyed it so much we did three levels in one hour. And after that we played it the day after and the day after until we finished it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Potter game, 28 April 2012
Julie-Anne Morgan (Whitburn, Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii) (Video Game)
This was a great buy for my 2 son's who love Harry Potter, they have the boxset of DVD's and have had the first edition of the Lego Harry Potter series for about a year so this was a great addition to their collection and has kept them entertained for hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and Entertaining, 27 April 2012
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii) (Video Game)
My sister and I are not massive gamers, but we both enjoy the Harry Potter Saga. We turned to Harry Potter Lego since the individual games are too long and intensive and REALLY expensive when they come out. We loved years 1-4 and years 5-7 is living up to everything we expected.
The game is simple to play, the video sequences between levels are funny and the free play feature allows us to go back and re-play levels at our own pace. We LOVE this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good :), 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii) (Video Game)
I played Lego Harry Potter years 1 - 4 and loved it, so naturally I pre-ordered this one when it was coming out and I wasn't disappointed. Yes there was a few glitches but it's a new game so what do you expect?! I just googled it when I found a glitch and read through how to get round them so it was all fine in the end. The Graphics are amazing and there is a much wider range of characters you can be.

Overall a very entertaining game and I will play it again and again, it is definitely worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars lego Harry Potter, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii) (Video Game)
My Grandson has had great fun playing this game on his Wii and was delighted to receive it as a gift

LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii)
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii) by Warner Bros. Interactive (Nintendo Wii)
14.49