4.8 out of 5 stars1,234
Size: 64 GB|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 September 2015
Let me begin by saying that I have absolutely no professional connection with Sandisk or any company that retails their products: I have straightforwardly purchased a brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro memory card from Amazon, and this review is merely intended to relate - to any would-be purchaser - what I consider to be its good and bad points:

PROS:
+First and foremost, a brilliantly reasonable asking price from Amazon - with frustration-free packaging meaning that I didn't do myself a mischief freeing the card from the usual cardboard and plastic prison!

+Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC/SDXC memory cards are available in a number of different storage capacities - right up to 512GB!

+These Extreme Pro SDHC/SDXC memory cards boast a maximum READ Speed of up to 95MB/s, and a maximum WRITE Speed of up to 90MB/s. In practice, I'd say that's about what you get

+The Class 10 and UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) video ratings mean that these cards have the necessary performance to capture a variety of stills formats - as well as 4K Ultra HD, cinema quality 3D, and Full HD video (1080p.)

+Sandisk's Advanced Wear Levelling and Error Correction Code engine means that these SDHC/SDXC cards have been designed so that reliability and endurance are a top priority. Errors that might have occurred during data storage and retrieval are minimised - reducing 'dropouts' and 'stuttering', and so preserving data integrity

+SDHC/SDXC Extreme Pro memory cards are designed to be waterproof, shockproof, and X-ray proof. Additionally, these cards have an operating temperature range of -25 degrees Centigrade to +85 degrees Centigrade (storage range is -40 degrees Centigrade to +85 degrees Centigrade)

+These memory cards incorporate a Write Protect Switch: sliding the switch downwards locks the card and prevents the user from accidentally erasing the recorded data. But if the worst should happen...

+Purchasers of these cards are entitled to a year's free subscription of RescuePRO Deluxe recovery software. All you need to do is visit LC-Tech.Com/RescuePRO, download the software (separate Windows and MAC versions are available), enter your details (and the relevant serial number, shown on the slip that's included in the packaging), and then copy/paste the Activation Code as soon as it's provided

+The SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC/SDXC Cards are also backed by a limited lifetime warranty

CONS:
- The generic plastic 'jewel case' protecting the card could be a bit less awkward and fiddly to open, although it's not only Sandisk that falls foul of this problem. Err- and that's about it!

In summary:
I've owned a number of different Sandisk memory cards over the years and none of them have ever let me down. In my opinion, this Extreme Pro version is a fantastic product at a very tempting price. What more can I say...?

flickr.com/photos/peterfacts
This is hands down the best SD card I have used to date. I have tended to become quite loyal to sandisk now as over the last few years I have found their products generally well built anbd offering amazing performance at realistic prices. I would go so far as to describe them as professional cards at consumer prices. On that note kudos to Amazon for being the cheapest at time of writing. As camera's increase in capability and offer full HD recording it baffles me that people do not them put in the appropriate card to get the best out of their kit.

I also had a transcend class 10 card and the difference in eprformance is night and day. I have not posted speed test results as they are subjective depending on your setup and kit but I ahve seen a massive increase in performance switching to this card. I am ready for my next shot faster and it records full hd with ease.

Being their 'extreme' brand the card is designed to be a bit more rugged and I ahve not yet put that to the test, and hopefully will never have to. I have still have sandisk cards such as an old ultra 2 and a previous extreme 3 card whcih speeds aside are still going strong, though they are now whittling out their days in an old digital camera and a photo frame.

Overall this is a top purchase worth the extra money to get the best out of your equipment. Professional level performance at consumer level pricing.
33 comments|167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 January 2014
I recently replaced my older Nikon DSLR with Nikon D7100 model. Nikon D7100 has a 24 mega-pixel sensor and the problem of file sizes and transfer speed has become apparent - if I shoot in RAW + Fine JPEG it simply takes too long to transfer files even on to a reasonably good standard class 10 SDHC card (I used Lexar Professional 400x 8GB cards with my previous DSLRs).

A Nikon D7100 RAW file takes up to 30MB in size. And a JPEG file is about 6-8 MB too. With my Lexar 400x cards it took about 2 seconds to write a single shot down to the memory card. So the high speed continuous shooting was like - 5 frames quickly go into the camera buffer, then another frame gets taken in 2 second interval after the first frame gets written to the memory card.

With these Sandisk 95 Mbps rated cards the write speed is at least twice as fast. So when shooting in high speed continuous mode I am getting 5 frames into the buffer and then another frame gets taken in 1 second interval.

So it looks like the write speed of these Sandisk 95 Mbps rated cards is twice as fast of the Lexar Professional 400x on a D7100.
(Not sure at which point the camera - card interface would become a bottleneck).

(If I have to shoot in continuous mode in real life, I would have to disable RAW and shoot in JPEG only - in this case I will get at least 5 fps continously on D7100 without any problem.)

I am happy with these Sandisk Extreme Pro cards overall. Even though they are more expensive than the crowd.
on 8 July 2013
Ok I got my 16gb SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC Memory Card this morning and the very first thing I did was run a CRYSTAL DISK test on it with NO data on the sd card whatsoever and here are the results:

With Crystal Disk running SEQ only at 1000mb and using a usb3.0 card reader the results were:

SEQ READ 89.10mbps and SEQ WRITE 80.78mbps
Now this card was bought and fulfilled by Amazon so I know its the real deal. Plus the card reads 15gb instead of 16gb, now I know some of that is used for cache but there you have it, Its still the fastest SD Card around and its great for fast DSLR`s cameras.
Hope this helps us out there with dslr cameras.
on 17 January 2012
Annoyingly, I bought this card from Jacobs at £99.99 on the high street because I was in a fix and only had a £10 cheapie Chinese SD card with me. It transforms the camera completely (Nikon D5100) making the response times instant when writing RAW + fine JPG simultaneously.
33 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
UPDATE: I've read the comment and updated the review as it *was* a bit confusing. Mainly as I thought I understoood the SD card speeds when actually there were things I didn't know I didn't know. So, with that in mind...

SD card rating are really confusing. There are speed ratings and bus speed ratings. Previously, with the early "class" speed rating system, bus speeds were not quoted on the card. Now with the latest UHS standards, they are. The early class ratings were Class 2, 4, 6 & 10. With the number representing the minimum sustained card speed rating in MB/s. Now the new ratings are UHS(1) and UHS(3) with minimum sustained card speed ratings of 10MB/s & 30MB/s respectively.

So, the bus speed ratings: Originally, for SD cards of class 2, 4 & 6, the bus speed was rated as "normal" which meant up to 12.5MB/s.
For class 10 cards, a "high speed" bus rating was used, which was 25MB/s. With the introduction of the new UHS ratings, there are two UHS bus speed ratings, each with trwo speed ratings. So there's UHS-I, with 50MB/s and 104MB/s bus speed ratings, depending on the card, and UHS-II, with 156MB/s and 312MB/s bus speed ratings, again depending on the card. I've uploaded a pic to explain this.
I appreciate the feedback from Tbolt which spurred me into re-writing this review. Thanks! :-)

For backwards compatibility, if your device is UHS compatible, then it should work with the UHS speed rating for the card. But if you're not UHS enabled, then the card will work at the old class speed.

Anyway, onto the review. The SanDisk Extreme Pro range used to be a bit of a luxury item. Unless you need the speed, it may be the case that you don't particularly notice much difference in use from something like a SanDisk Ultra. I buy the Extreme Pros because they are both electrically VERY robust (as most SanDisk cards are, incidentally) but also have the speed to absorb the contents of a burst mode buffer as quick as anything else for my camera. The combination of reliability and speed at this generation wins out for me. Note there are new UHS-II generation cards which are a lot faster than this old UHS-I standard. (UHS-II cards have a second row of electrical contacts.)

Recently I filled a 16gig card on a day out, which stunned me. But I realised that shooting at 1080p 60FPS uses a fair old lump of memory, so I obviously needed a larger memory card. Looking at the spec for my G6, the largest card it can handle is a 64gig so that's the size I went for. (I actually had an incident with my 16gig Extreme Pro in my G6, where it just continuouly wrote to the SD card and refused to do anything else. I removed and replaced the battery and carried on. Nothing seemed to be affected afterwards so I'll put it down to a camera glitch. Worth mentioning though.)

Other than that one glitch, these Extreme Pros are an invisible MVP in your camera, working quickly and efficiently, reliable and long-lasting. As the price has dropped over the years I've bought larger capacity cards as drop into my budget. I used to reccomend the Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s as the best you can get, but the GOBE 104MB/s can be even better value if the price is right.
Note: If you've got a very recent device, you may be able to use UHS(3) and UHS-II bus speeds, which are *way* faster than this generation of SD card.
on 19 May 2015
Super quality,have used it a lot on multiple frame sport shooting it captures perfectly every time,why would you buy a high end camera and put a cheap card in in it ?? This card will hold over 3000 images at 16mp or 2h 45 mins of high quality video and will last a lifetime if looked after properly,if you purchase a cheap camera go with a cheap card if you purchase something decent then get a decent card for it, This one.
on 21 June 2012
Extreme ScanDisk cards are brilliant.
I had an 8GB extreme III card years ago.

This new card is brilliant, I managed to take 100s of consecutive photos as a waterski display & capture all the key moments thanks to the quick processing time of the card.

Well worth the money. A card 1/2 this size was £100 a few years ago!
on 11 August 2012
This is a great value, reliable and perfectly viable card for shooting short, highest quality HD movies (and stills) on a DSLR or compact. I use it with a Canon 60D shooting full HD 1920x1080p at 24fps (H264 format), shooting sometimes with autofocus, stabilisation and other functions and other times all on manual, and have no problems or issues with speed or recording capacity. I don't have to reformat or empty the card between takes (a typical longer shoot for me will involve sequences of max. 6-7 minutes of uninterrupted footage, sometimes a few of these consecutively).

I bought this card after experiencing problems shooting movies with a 64Gb Class 10 Transcend card. The Transcend worked for the first video whenever freshly formatted, but thereafter would just cut out after a minute or two. I researched this issue, and read a lot of reviews and this card does give the best possible speed and - importantly - offers a very good price point for the performance and capacity. Sandisk do have a good reputation from quality and reliability, and although at the time of writing the Canon 60D doesn't utilise all the UHS-1 performance, I will be able to use this card in newer or upgraded DSLRs.

NB. I am not a professional film-maker so I can't really comment on post-processing isses with this card as compared to others, eg. dropped frames etc., although there are certainly no obvious effects or artefacts on the results when editing in Premiere or viewing "as is" on HD resolution monitors. In terms of stills the quality of the images is consistently as good as or better than any of the other cards I use.
on 30 March 2012
these are indeed high quality cards, and i'd pick trustworthy, safe, fast and lower capacity over quantity any day. i've had 1 since 8 months back, never crashed, never any read/write errors, even though under constan heavy useage in all different kinds of weatherconditions. it just works. and in the end that means everything.

it is nearly as fast as they say, but you have to check compabillity. some cameras can not use the speed. and then the right kond of port to the computer, the longer the cable, lesser the speed, that goes for normally said short cables as well. so quality cable, all the way from the motherboard.

but again, quality and safety is more imprtant then exact speed.