5.0 out of 5 stars Professional performance at consumer pricing

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 Cards, 2 different suppliers, multiple failures
Published 8 months ago by GroundedReviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional performance at consumer pricing, 15 Dec 2011
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This is hands down the best SD card I have used to date. I have tended to become quite loyal to sandisk now as over the last few years I have found their products generally well built anbd offering amazing performance at realistic prices. I would go so far as to describe them as professional cards at consumer prices. On that note kudos to Amazon for being the cheapest at time of writing. As camera's increase in capability and offer full HD recording it baffles me that people do not them put in the appropriate card to get the best out of their kit.

I also had a transcend class 10 card and the difference in eprformance is night and day. I have not posted speed test results as they are subjective depending on your setup and kit but I ahve seen a massive increase in performance switching to this card. I am ready for my next shot faster and it records full hd with ease.

Being their 'extreme' brand the card is designed to be a bit more rugged and I ahve not yet put that to the test, and hopefully will never have to. I have still have sandisk cards such as an old ultra 2 and a previous extreme 3 card whcih speeds aside are still going strong, though they are now whittling out their days in an old digital camera and a photo frame.

Overall this is a top purchase worth the extra money to get the best out of your equipment. Professional level performance at consumer level pricing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best card money can buy, 17 Jan 2012
Annoyingly, I bought this card from Jacobs at 99.99 on the high street because I was in a fix and only had a 10 cheapie Chinese SD card with me. It transforms the camera completely (Nikon D5100) making the response times instant when writing RAW + fine JPG simultaneously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extreme Pro 16Gb, 15 Jun 2012
Works very well with my nikon D90, the capacity is extremely big (2100 pictures in mode:L/F), and super fast as well -it doesn't make the camera stop to transfer the images, I try to make it stop after I set the camera to the faster speed shoot mode, and the camera haven't stoped even after I've been taken more than 100 pictures without realesed the shutter button!!!If you need something fast this is the SDHC card !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top card, 14 Jan 2012
Clive - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is hands down my preferred brand and choice of card for my high end compact.

As previous reviewers have mentioned not all class 10 cards are equal and this one absolutely flies along. No lag between shots or during HD video.

Though luckily I have not had cause to test it, Sandisk's extreme range are more rugged and designed to be water/shock/dust proof. Hopefully will never need this but glad it is there. Card came with a voucher to download rescuepro software which was a nice bonus.

Overall this is a fantastic card with a price which just goes to show what a rip off the high street is. Anyone who's serious about photo's or has half decent kit should be looking at this range to get the best out of their camera/camcorder.

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s 8GB SDHC-I, 22 Nov 2011
SanDisk Extreme Pro 8GB SDHC Card

Sandisk has updated its Extreme Pro to 95MB/s speed and at the same time finally to speed class 10, which the old 45MB/s model is not. Both are naturally class U1.
This is clearly the fastest SDHC UHS-I card so far when it comes to benchmarks that I have seen on some blogs and done myself. It is fastest in continious read and write and especially fast in random operations. I have the 95MB/s Delkin/Toshiba 633x to compare and Sandisk is the clear winner.
PRO:
- fastest in UHS-I devices
- fastest in non-UHS devices
- fastest in random operations
- price/performance ratio is unbeatable
CON:
- so far none

I have no UHS-I capable camera (yet) but this card is fastest I have used in my Pentax SLR's and I believe Sandisk being late to come out with 95MB/s card has done its testing with cameras well enough. Nikon D7000 owners can comment that in time..

Did add some pictures of my benchmarks for those who like numbers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A way forward for modern DSLRs with loads of megapixels, 29 Jan 2014
krerof (Burgess Hill, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I recently replaced my older Nikon DSLR with Nikon D7100 model. Nikon D7100 has a 24 mega-pixel sensor and the problem of file sizes and transfer speed has become apparent - if I shoot in RAW + Fine JPEG it simply takes too long to transfer files even on to a reasonably good standard class 10 SDHC card (I used Lexar Professional 400x 8GB cards with my previous DSLRs).

A Nikon D7100 RAW file takes up to 30MB in size. And a JPEG file is about 6-8 MB too. With my Lexar 400x cards it took about 2 seconds to write a single shot down to the memory card. So the high speed continuous shooting was like - 5 frames quickly go into the camera buffer, then another frame gets taken in 2 second interval after the first frame gets written to the memory card.

With these Sandisk 95 Mbps rated cards the write speed is at least twice as fast. So when shooting in high speed continuous mode I am getting 5 frames into the buffer and then another frame gets taken in 1 second interval.

So it looks like the write speed of these Sandisk 95 Mbps rated cards is twice as fast of the Lexar Professional 400x on a D7100.
(Not sure at which point the camera - card interface would become a bottleneck).

(If I have to shoot in continuous mode in real life, I would have to disable RAW and shoot in JPEG only - in this case I will get at least 5 fps continously on D7100 without any problem.)

I am happy with these Sandisk Extreme Pro cards overall. Even though they are more expensive than the crowd.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 Cards, 2 different suppliers, multiple failures, 28 July 2013
This review is from: SanDisk SDSDXPA-064G-X46 64GB Extreme Pro UHS-I SDHC Memory Card (Personal Computers)
I'm a professional photographer. I use Lexar Cards in one camera and Sandisk in the other. I sometimes reverse this. My current lexar (128GB & 32GB) cards have never let me down, no matter which camera I use them in. My two Sandisk 64GB Extreme Pro cards have both independently corrupted to the point where the cameras don't recognise one of them, and the other card will crash OSX on import. I've lost files (money), I've lost an amount of time which I'll never get back (money), and I've lost my patience with Sandisk products. Sure - I'd expect anything like this to happen to one card, but two cards simultaneously means it's Lexar all the way from now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top card, 14 Jan 2012
Clive - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB SDHC card, 12 Jun 2012
Bought 2 of these for my Nikon D7000 as wanted to get the most out of burst mode and not clog up the camera buffer. These are really good and "fast". Yes the buffer still fills but thats the camera but the UHS interface on these disks certainly seems to allow it to clear a lot quicker than any other disk I have. Not cheap but then you get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously fast SD card, recommended for DSLR / camcorder, 5 Jun 2012
luke997 - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is seriously fast card.
Absolutely no downsides if you can justify the cost, will clear the buffer way faster than anything else and copying photos videos is lightning fast.
Had Extreme III 45 Mb/s before and this is major improvement, allow you to take real advantage of the fast camera..

Benchmarks:

Sony Vaio i5 laptop, USB 3.0 card reader:
78.4 MB/sec read and 71.4 MB/sec write

SLT-A77, firmware v 1.07, burst 12fps mode, buffers clears after just 5.5sec!
As a comparison, my old Extreme takes well over 14 sec.

To get the most benefits, it is beneficial to get USB 3.0 SD card reader for transfer from the DSLR.
USB 2.0 limits performance of the 95MB/sec card:
32.5 MB/sec read and 22.0 MB/sec write

As you can, in the inexpensive, fast USB 3.0 Betron card reader you can transfer your photos/movies 2.4, decent time saving!

I've done over 100GB writes on the card so far and have no issues whatsoever. Recommended!

ARRAY(0xaed07fe4)