5.0 out of 5 stars Fast card but does your camera require 90mb/s write speed
I have been using 4 8GB Extreme Pro cards for about a year now with no problems at all, so I would highly recommend them to anyone, But there is one thing I would say to anyone looking to get these cards is your cameras buffer fast enough to benefit from the 90mb/s write speed!

Published 3 months ago by K. Robertson

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch out!!!
The photos and the description is from a 95mb/s card but when you add it to your basket it will say 45mb/s you selected
Published 6 months ago by Blase

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast card but does your camera require 90mb/s write speed, 9 May 2014
K. Robertson - See all my reviews

I was looking at getting some more of these card but I did some research and found my Nikon D7000's buffer was not fast enough to benefit from the extra cost of these cards, I found that the buffer on the D7000 only requires a card with a write speed of 45mb/s so I ended up getting 2 Toshiba Exceria Type 2 32GB SDHC Class 10 which cost 24.99 compared to 42.82(at the time of writing) for the 32GB Sandisk.

I did some tests with my D7000, In Manual mode @ 1/1000 f1.8 iso100 on continuous high

RAW 14 bit
Sandisk 90mb/s write speed - 10 shots before the buffer kicked in
Toshiba 60mb/s write speed - 10 shots

JPEG Fine
Sandisk 90mb/s write speed - 110 shots
Toshiba 60mb/s write speed - 112 shots

So please check if you need the 90mb/s write speed first, also some cards have a fast read speed but have a slow write speed your camera needs the write speed, I need the speed when taken shots not when I transfer the data to my laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional performance at consumer pricing, 15 Dec 2011
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This is hands down the best SD card I have used to date. I have tended to become quite loyal to sandisk now as over the last few years I have found their products generally well built anbd offering amazing performance at realistic prices. I would go so far as to describe them as professional cards at consumer prices. On that note kudos to Amazon for being the cheapest at time of writing. As camera's increase in capability and offer full HD recording it baffles me that people do not them put in the appropriate card to get the best out of their kit.

I also had a transcend class 10 card and the difference in eprformance is night and day. I have not posted speed test results as they are subjective depending on your setup and kit but I ahve seen a massive increase in performance switching to this card. I am ready for my next shot faster and it records full hd with ease.

Being their 'extreme' brand the card is designed to be a bit more rugged and I ahve not yet put that to the test, and hopefully will never have to. I have still have sandisk cards such as an old ultra 2 and a previous extreme 3 card whcih speeds aside are still going strong, though they are now whittling out their days in an old digital camera and a photo frame.

Overall this is a top purchase worth the extra money to get the best out of your equipment. Professional level performance at consumer level pricing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A way forward for modern DSLRs with loads of megapixels, 29 Jan 2014
krerof (Burgess Hill, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I recently replaced my older Nikon DSLR with Nikon D7100 model. Nikon D7100 has a 24 mega-pixel sensor and the problem of file sizes and transfer speed has become apparent - if I shoot in RAW + Fine JPEG it simply takes too long to transfer files even on to a reasonably good standard class 10 SDHC card (I used Lexar Professional 400x 8GB cards with my previous DSLRs).

A Nikon D7100 RAW file takes up to 30MB in size. And a JPEG file is about 6-8 MB too. With my Lexar 400x cards it took about 2 seconds to write a single shot down to the memory card. So the high speed continuous shooting was like - 5 frames quickly go into the camera buffer, then another frame gets taken in 2 second interval after the first frame gets written to the memory card.

With these Sandisk 95 Mbps rated cards the write speed is at least twice as fast. So when shooting in high speed continuous mode I am getting 5 frames into the buffer and then another frame gets taken in 1 second interval.

So it looks like the write speed of these Sandisk 95 Mbps rated cards is twice as fast of the Lexar Professional 400x on a D7100.
(Not sure at which point the camera - card interface would become a bottleneck).

(If I have to shoot in continuous mode in real life, I would have to disable RAW and shoot in JPEG only - in this case I will get at least 5 fps continously on D7100 without any problem.)

I am happy with these Sandisk Extreme Pro cards overall. Even though they are more expensive than the crowd.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best card money can buy, 17 Jan 2012
Annoyingly, I bought this card from Jacobs at 99.99 on the high street because I was in a fix and only had a 10 cheapie Chinese SD card with me. It transforms the camera completely (Nikon D5100) making the response times instant when writing RAW + fine JPG simultaneously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never been let down (had product for two years), 8 Feb 2014
I am using this product in my canon EOS 500D camera for two years (same memory card) now and as I am a keen amateur photographer I have taken 100s of photographs using all modes available on my camera (sports setting: multiple shots taken per second) and I have taken large capacity RAW images. Despite multiple insertions into camera slot and other PC (to transfer files) between electronic devices the metal contacts remain as good as the first day I used them, No data loss. The speed of data transfer is good and although I have now means of actually quantifying the speed of transfer I am more than happy with the results as no lost or corrupted images. Because of my experience of using this card in multiple environments:amazon rain forest (hot and humid conditions), cold and wet conditions (any day in the UK!) and any conditions in-between. in addition to taking the card through multiple airports. This make of memory card is the only one I will buy now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenominal card!, 10 Feb 2012
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: SanDisk SDSDXPA-032G-X46 32 GB Extreme Pro UHS-I SDHC Memory Card (Personal Computers)
This is hands down the best SD card I have used to date. It is the 32 gb version of the 16gb card I own and is identical save for capacity. I have tended to become quite loyal to sandisk now as over the last few years I have found their products generally well built anbd offering amazing performance at realistic prices. I would go so far as to describe them as professional cards at consumer prices. On that note kudos to Amazon for being the cheapest at time of writing. As camera's increase in capability and offer full HD recording it baffles me that people do not them put in the appropriate card to get the best out of their kit.

I also had a transcend class 10 card and the difference in performance is night and day. I have not posted speed test results as they are subjective depending on your setup and kit but I ahve seen a massive increase in performance switching to this card. I am ready for my next shot faster and it records full hd with ease.

Being their 'extreme' brand the card is designed to be a bit more rugged and I ahve not yet put that to the test, and hopefully will never have to. I have still have sandisk cards such as an old ultra 2 and a previous extreme 3 card which speeds aside are still going strong, though they are now whittling out their days in an old digital camera and a photo frame.

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s 8GB SDHC-I, 22 Nov 2011
SanDisk Extreme Pro 8GB SDHC Card

Sandisk has updated its Extreme Pro to 95MB/s speed and at the same time finally to speed class 10, which the old 45MB/s model is not. Both are naturally class U1.
This is clearly the fastest SDHC UHS-I card so far when it comes to benchmarks that I have seen on some blogs and done myself. It is fastest in continious read and write and especially fast in random operations. I have the 95MB/s Delkin/Toshiba 633x to compare and Sandisk is the clear winner.
PRO:
- fastest in UHS-I devices
- fastest in non-UHS devices
- fastest in random operations
- price/performance ratio is unbeatable
CON:
- so far none

I have no UHS-I capable camera (yet) but this card is fastest I have used in my Pentax SLR's and I believe Sandisk being late to come out with 95MB/s card has done its testing with cameras well enough. Nikon D7000 owners can comment that in time..

Did add some pictures of my benchmarks for those who like numbers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Card, 20 May 2012
John Kirkpatrick "Microbe" (Kent , England) - See all my reviews
This is a very fast card and a great match for my Canon 60D. I have always used this make of card and have had no problems. I recommend this card to every one.

5.0 out of 5 stars If it is high speed you are looking for - look no further, 19 Mar 2012
Very high quality SD card. I use it with my Canon 600D and it does a awesome job. Serial shots; HD videos; browsing the photos - the card support sublime speed in all tasks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch out!!!, 6 Mar 2014