4.0 out of 5 stars Great Album
I stumbled across this when someone I know on Facebook recommended it. What a great album. Tuneful and energetic, some lovely vintage harmonies and guitar sounds.

Published on 3 Oct 2011 by Cuban Heel

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent melodies but same-y sound all over album
Published on 2 Jan 2012 by R. Barros

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 3 Oct 2011
Cuban Heel "Neil Schiller" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Only in Dreams (Audio CD)

Overall it sounds to me a bit like Mazzy Star would if Chrissie Hynde had joined their line up. Lots of fuzzy, dreamy melodies but with a tighter song structure that reminds me of The Pretenders for some reason. They definitely draw on a sort of American, rock & roll/garage band tradition. But the tracks are so catchy it's much much better than the variable dirge you sometimes get from that sort of thing.

So yeah, ten great tracks, and a definite recommendation for anyone looking for something original and well crafted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Summer Music, 30 April 2013
S. Innes "Pottersby" (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only in Dreams (Audio CD)
For those who like a comparison, Its like Neko Case meets the Stranglers. Brilliant jangly guitars with sultry vocals with feeling. This album is worth every penny for the track Coming Down. One of my favourite songs. Great album.

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent melodies but same-y sound all over album, 2 Jan 2012
R. Barros (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only in Dreams (Audio CD)
Heard the song Teardrops On My Pillow in a record shop, thought it was pretty hooky, so I had to check these guys. Had a good couple of listens and I can't shake the feeling that the songs needed more work. The melodies are good, the vocals are nice but the guitar sound varies very little throughout the album. And the least that's said about the drums the better. There are about 6 or 7 songs that have the exact same 60s-inspired bubblegum pop beat to it, which makes the album sound like one big long song with a couple of slower sections.

I don't think if I'm being too harsh but I listen to a lot of different music and this record, despite the melodic potential, doesn't quite set the world alight. I'll earmark them for another check in a few years...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: Only in Dreams (Audio CD)
Listened to this so many time on You Tube it was a must for my own collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daydream believer, 12 Jan 2013
Peter Hill ""yoghurtknitter"" (Waterville Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only in Dreams (Audio CD)
Some of the reviews for this album seem a bit unfair, mostly complaining that all the songs sound the same and the production is poor. I would beg to differ. I've not yet heard their first album but if this (their second) is not as good as their debut (also suggested by many) then i can't wait to hear said album as it must be a corker!?
I would agree that the album as a whole has a fairly generic sound (hazy/dreamy/shoegazy etc) but each song has enough individuality to distance itself from it's fellow bedmates and all the tracks are extremely catchy with "Bedroom eyes" being the best of a fine bunch.
The vocals and harmonies (very 60's sounding) are excellent and you do get some musical variation with "coming down" being a longish chilled out song and the final track "hold your hand" is a melancholy ballad.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the debut.., 16 Feb 2012
This review is from: Only in Dreams (Audio CD)
I was a bit dissapointed with this album as there debut 'all i want' is one of my faves,I have listened to it over & over so i really wanted to like this as much but after several listens its still not as appealing.Of course it would be boring if artists never varied their sound,but its not that,the sound is still there its just that the songs arent as strong or catchy.There are some good tracks such as 'in my head'(my fave),'bedroom eyes'& 'wasted away' but on the whole its just not as strong as there debut.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dumb Dumb Mastering, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: Only in Dreams (Audio CD)
People who are planning to listen to this on your hifi set: beware. I bought the cd, pulled open the amazon package, inserted in the cd player, pressed play and pressed stop 20 seconds later. The mastering is just awful: everything turned up as loud as possible, deep in the red and just simply inaudible on a half decent stereo set, let alone a good one. Big, BIG casualty of the loudness war. Songs are good, bedroom eyes is fantastic, but the mastering leaves no nuances, or soft/hard parts and higher frequencies all clip and tatter.

Only in Dreams