5.0 out of 5 stars EPSOM ALL IN ONE STYLUS SX435W
Published on 6 Feb 2012 by birmike

3.0 out of 5 stars Constantly replacing ink
Published on 14 April 2012 by Ewok

3.0 out of 5 stars Constantly replacing ink, 14 April 2012
This review is from: Epson Stylus Sx435W All-In-One Printer with High Speed Wifi (Print, Copy, Screen and Scan) (Accessory)
It's a great printer I have to say. It's fast, prints lovely, and well presented. It hibernates until called upon via the Wifi from anywhere in the house. It's about half the size of my old Canon too. See my pictures for its comparative size. I was unpacking to printing on my network within 20mins with no issues. Installed on all PC's no bother (Win7 64bit & 32bit). There is also an Epson Printer App you can download so you can print from your Android phone. Works a treat.

There are 4 separate ink cartridges (Black/Yellow/Red/Blue) which should work out cheaper on ink in theory. But there's one MASSIVE SCAM though. Once one cartridge runs out, you CANNOT print anything until its been replaced. Terrible if you're trying to print a B&W letter, but you're out of yellow ink! This is a common scam with Epsons I've recently learned. Albeit not an issue with the printer, but with Epson's greed.
The Fox cartridges you get are only a minuscule 3.5ml each. So constantly being replacing. Genuine cartridges are expensive. If you must buy genuine, buy the larger Epson refills - Apple T1295 - twice the ink. There are even cheaper and larger non-genuine 13ml-cartridge multipacks out there that work just fine. Recommend you stock up on spare ink if you buy this printer.

Good printer but the 'Epson Ink-Gate' scandal ruins the experience. I have it a few months now and I've spent 5 times as much on ink as I have the printer!

5.0 out of 5 stars EPSOM ALL IN ONE STYLUS SX435W, 6 Feb 2012
Before purchasing my Epsom Stylus SX 435W All in one I read other peoples reviews. All I can say is perhaps they can't read English. From breaking the seal on the package to commencing operations I experienced no problems. I have always used another company's product but their inks were very expensive but the quality of the work was very good, therefore I was surprised that the print quality of my new system was equal to what I was used too. I use my Epsom SX 435W for printing letters, scanning and printing documents and processing photography. So far I have not been able to fault this machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value For Money, 11 Mar 2012
Fuzzyfella (Waterford, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I had previously owned an Epson which had lasted me for years and had proved quite economical in repect of replacement ink cartridges (plenty of cheap non oem cartridges available). When I finally laid her to rest I was given a Canon, as a present to replace her, and it proved to be a complete pile of doo-doo! The nozzels were perpetually blocking, the cost of their cartridges were boardering on extortion and non oem cartridges were few and far between, and not much cheaper!.

When I finally ran our of patience with my Canon I bought this Epson Stylus SX435W. I wanted a wifi printer as we have a desktop, three laptops and several smartphones in the house and I thought that it would be useful to be able to print from all of them, without having to switch cables and send emails etc. I wanted an Epson, but didn't want to spend a fortune and be disapointed, so I plumped for this one. The set up is easy, the wifi connections are strong and the print and scan quality are very good and it has seperate ink cartridges, whereby you only need to replace the colour thats run out. If there is one problem with the Epson then its the speed of printing which is a little on the slow side but I've never produced a document that printing a minute or two earlier would improve!

Probably the most important thing to note with any printer these days is the cost of replacement ink cartridges and with the Epson they are cheap, with non oem's even cheaper, and easy to obtain (a full set of four colours for under a tenner!).

Sure it's cheap and its probably not going to last forever, but with abuse that my kids give printers it standing up pretty well so far, does exactly what I want it to do and is cheap to run. What more do you want from a printer?

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems fine to me!, 4 Jan 2012
Forager (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Not quite sure why it gains such a negative response. I unpacked my machine and simply followed the instructions. It worked just fine. My only difficulty was getting my Samsung tab to print to it - but then I realised that I needed to download an Android app. I did that and everything worked just fine.
I'm not a computer whiz, so if I can get the thing to work without difficulty it must be easy!
My only slight criticism is that printing photos takes rather a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT HOME PRINTER, 1 Dec 2011
T.O.G.1 (BEDFORD England) - See all my reviews
A very good printer, very quiet in use. Gives superb colour photographs. I like the seperate inks, you only replace what you have used and do not waste any.

5.0 out of 5 stars printer, 28 Jan 2012
i ordered this over the new year and was amazed how quick i recevied it,it was very easy to install and i now have three devices connectoed to it,we can print from where ever we are in the house its the best money iv spent on a printer i will have another when this has had it time

5.0 out of 5 stars Sx435W does what it say's out of the box, 31 Dec 2011
This printer was purchased mainly for it's wi fi capability and straight out of the box it did exactly what it said on the box, even to the point of a free app for the Ipad from epson's web site.
The quality of print is excellent and the card reader is a very good tool, the scanner reproduced a very acceptable print of both colour and black and white photo's.
All in all excellent performance and value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at attractive price, 5 Feb 2012
It did take us a while to set up, but once installed its straightforward enough to use. Love the wifi setting, great being able to sit elsewhere, request print and then collect printouts when convenient. I also like the fact that you use individual cartridges for the different colours. No complaints so far

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 19 Feb 2012
This printer is compact for an all-in-one. Set-up was very easy. Print quality is what you can expect for an inkjet of this price range i.e fine. I haven't tried the wireless functionality so cannot praise or criticise that. The software is pretty easy to use and versatile. You can scan to PDF which is always very useful for making documents. From what I can see the cartridges are quite cheap, which is important. What I can criticise is the rear paper tray which is very flimsy and collapses too easily. As long as this doesn't break completely in the long-run I will be happy with this printer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ink cartridges don't last!, 2 July 2012
The problem with this printer is that the ink cartridges don't last. I only managed to print 26 pages before exhausting 2 black and 1 set of color cartridges. This brings my printing expenses to over one pound a page. I should note that I am using original Epson printer cartridges. Epson was unhelpful accusing me of using fake cartridges.