5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a good zombie story!, 29 Dec 2011
Empress Daisy (Vienna, Austria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb (A Zombie Apocalypse Novel Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I usually hate the zombie genre. Overall, I find most stories pretty boring and all the same. When I read the description of this book though, I knew I had to read it. Killing zombies with lemon juice? How awesome is that?
The characters were very easy to relate to and the idea behind the story is somewhat awesome. Another thing I always hated about zombie stories was the lack of explainations. But the author really backed his zombies up with some scientific (I'm not an expert in this field but it worked for me.) facts that made sense.
Although it was a horror book, I didn't think it was gorey or brutal at all. In fact, all the zombie-killing was rather funny than "eww!". I also didn't find so much bad language in it, so I would recommend it for readers from 14 and up.
It was a fast-paced read, it wasn't bored at any moment, it was highly entertaining, writing with a lot of humor and I couldn't put it down. I'm looking forward to other work from this author!
Disclaimer: I was given a complementary copy of this book in order to give an honest review. I was not encouraged to say good things.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, 23 May 2014
Good book but sad as well good description of what is happening I liked it a lot fun and I recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 10 Sep 2013
i loved this book, very entertaining. although one part near the end is very sad and made me cry like a baby!

5.0 out of 5 stars zombie juice, 15 July 2013
I thought the story was very good. Enjoyable found out if we did see some zombies how to kill them

4.0 out of 5 stars Great zombie MG, 5 Jan 2013
Kat (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
I've developed an interest in MG/YA zombie novels of late - and it's incredibly interesting to see how a story written for a (much) younger audience than myself can be appealing to a whole range of ages.

Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb (SZJMB) is one of those books, and I really enjoyed this one. It's a zombie story, but more appropriate for kids around the 8-10 year age range, although it doesn't hold back on the realities of what would happen during a zombie apocalypse.

I particularly liked the kryptonite-style weapon that Nathan and Misty discovered by accident - it gave a great new spin to the story, and all the characters were well rounded and realistic.

This is definitely a book that I'd let my own (hypothetical) child read and it's also great fun for adults. Plus the comic-book style cover is great!