5.0 out of 5 stars Great for professional use, 20 Sep 2012
This review is from: DeWalt DW088K Line Laser (DIY & Tools)
I've owned this product for a few years and anyone who does mf ceilings or metal partitioning should have one. Everything has been thought of to make the job easier. I get the impression the designer once did the jobs your likely to use it for and therefore has and understanding of the functionality this tool needs. The clip that holds the level has a clamp at one side and a place to fix it with a screw on the other so you have choices of how to fix it on a wall. The laser itself has powerful magnets on it so it can be secured to steel. The lines it produces are very clear and cast well over long distances and the batterys last brilliantly. I simply cant fault it for any job I've used it for. I've been through a few lasers and I know if I was to damage this one I'd be replacing it with another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 May 2013
This review is from: DeWalt DW088K Line Laser (DIY & Tools)
Great product. After searching through all different types of self-leveling lasers, I landed on this one. I'm glad I did. It was a little more expensive but is doing all I wanted it to, and more. Just make sure you order Tripod Adapter if you plan on putting it on a Dewalt tripod or you can use it on a regular camera tripod the way it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laser level, 29 April 2013
This review is from: DeWalt DW088K Line Laser (DIY & Tools)
I bought this after borrowing a friends. I've used it recently when fitting kitchens and it make levelling the units so much easier because you can see all four point at the same time. Great tool, must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant tool, 24 Mar 2013
Alan Bailey (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeWalt DW088K Line Laser (DIY & Tools)
Bit pricey for diyer but if you do lots of work that needs a level this great tool. Good if you need to make sure items are at same height but are some distance apart like shelves in alcoves or pictures around a room plus for upright when building stud walls etc . Very easy robust tool.
Comes with clever magnetic fixing frame , however i have just clamped it to a door in a room and it can give you a line all around. It self levels and will warn if not level. I would avoid cheaper laser levels u may as well use spirit level

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutelly fantastic, 14 April 2013
This review is from: DeWalt DW088K Line Laser (DIY & Tools)
This is the best laser I have owned ( and I've had 3 in total)
Unique features: Strong magnet at the back which allows to stick it even to metal beats under the plaster!!! which makes it very easy to put it on any height you want- just put it against the corner of the wall and if there is a metal beading it will stay on the wall.
The other thing is very, very, very wide beam both horizontal and vertical.
I am not a big fan of DeWalt which I think is a bit overrated but this one is really a great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars How have I lived 60 years without one?, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: DeWalt DW088K Line Laser (DIY & Tools)
Comes in a nice carry case with extra clip on mounting bracket, easy to follow instructions and equally easy to use. I have used it with a camera tripod with elevating central pole and this works a treat for some applications, a piece of steel sheet screwed to a wall provides a super place to use the inbuilt magnetic mount. No doubt in time other ideas will come along as different jobs crop up.
My only criticism is the width of the laser line, it varies from about 1mm at the peripheries to 2mm in the centre, 1mm is ideal and would be best if this was uniform across the whole range, if I were to buy another laser I would want one with a consistently thin line, 1mm max. That said I have used it now for many more jobs than envisaged and the wife said that was the best tiling job I've ever done, so if you like tools, put this on your present list!

5.0 out of 5 stars level headed choice, 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: DeWalt DW088K Line Laser (DIY & Tools)
best thing since sliced bread - use it far more than i expected both for plumbing and carpentry -recommend it to any tradesmen you wont regret it

5.0 out of 5 stars DeWalt DW088K Line Laser, 24 Jan 2012
A. Mcilravey (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeWalt DW088K Line Laser (DIY & Tools)
Quick delivery, very good price. Was a present for my other half - he's over the moon as wanted one for a while, so very well received. Knows its good as borrowed a friends previously, but info provided was good on site. Strongly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tool, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: DeWalt DW088K Line Laser (DIY & Tools)
This is the second one of these we have purchased. The first was for my Partner and the second for a friend. They both just love this. Fast delivery and great value

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014