5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
After wearing my last pair of ill fitting (and expensive) in ear headphones (used in ear for many years) spent ages looking around for a decent pair of over ear headphones that would not make a man of 50+ look like some rather decrepid DJ. After trying many in store and looking at the net I found a review for these on 'What Hi-fi' which gave them their Product of the...
Published 15 months ago by Steve

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small!
After many weeks of deliberating and reading reviews, I finally plumped for these well recommended headphones, only to find that they were massively too small for my head! They were like an inch higher than my ear holes on either side. I've never previously thought that I have a massive head, and haven't received such comments from others, but now I'm starting to have a...
Published 15 days ago by Darren

‹ Previous | 1 2 340 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Much better than beats, you'd be a fool to buy anything else., 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset with In-Line Remote and Mic - Black (Electronics)
Having frequently tried various types of beats headphones, these are simply better for sound quality and I would argue better build quality also. For £50 you are receiving a brilliant pair of headphones which are easy to store, sound great, are good looking and come with two wires in case one breaks and a very nice case for storage. You would be mad to buy anything else, if mine break or get lost, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the same pair again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what all the fuss is about, 19 Feb 2014
I bought these on the basis of the reviews here and the Which Best Buy recommendation. To be quite honest I am not sure why so many people think these are great. The build quality isn't particularly special, especially the inline remote and the leads feel cheap and the inline remote doesn't work on mine anyway so I guess I'll just have to use the cable that doesn't have it. They are light to wear which is good but they actually press against my ears quite hard and for some reason I get neck ache after 10 minutes of wearing. So, points for comfort? No. I wouldn't care so much about those things if the sound quality was as good as described in other reviews but it just isn't. I am not finding anything exceptional about the sound quality at all. It's okay, but I have a £30 pair of Warfdale headphones which are at least as good. I am left wondering why people rate these headphones so highly? I wouldn't recommend these...at £50 they are a little on the expensive side for what you get. Oh, the case is quite nice...I do like the case!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great sound/poor durability, 12 Feb 2014
I was initially very pleased with these headphones. Great sound, comfortable and the foldable aspect is a nice touch too. Unfortunately the wiring in one of the two cables supplied with them went within two months of buying them. The second one lasted slightly longer but eventually also broke. It seems that to buy a replacement will cost more than half the price I paid for the headphones themselves and as they're clearly not very reliable it's not something I'm willing to risk. I contacted the manufacturer to raise the issue of their poor quality cables, all they did was point me in the direction of their supplier of replacement cables. This isn't something I'll be doing, instead I'll have to fork out for a brand new set of headphones from another manufacturer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent with a huge design flaw, 11 Feb 2014
These have been the best sounding portable headphones I've ever had, the only problem being I've just had my 3rd pair break on me...
I'm going through a set a year and I just can't justify buying any more, despite the awesome price.

The cable inside and outside is far too thin, if the external cable breaks it's no big deal you can buy a far superior cable from ebay for about £10 (from China but worth it).

But the cable inside breaks too if you resize them too often and this is pretty much essential for folding them away neatly.

Buy them, you'll love them, but if you use them daily I can almost guarantee you they will break.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, exactly what i want, 14 Jan 2014
I have been using it for 3 months , almost everyday.
The sound is perfect - from low to high range.It the best sound that you can expect from a over-ear head-set.

A little bit uncomfortable for more than continuous 2 hours though, which I guess is an common cons for over-ear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Balanced opinon, 11 Nov 2012
J. Garnham (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Well...when I received these I thought they looked pretty plasticy and cheap but I think the sound is fantastic, the bass is incredible - so correct. I would highly recommend them sound-wise but don't expect heavy duty build. Also watch out if you have a big head, they barely fit mine - I'm 6' 5" btw. Also the actual headphone wire seems really thin, crappy and weak. iPhone remote control - top notch, does it all!

3.0 out of 5 stars android phone compatibilty, 27 Nov 2012
sound quality of these headphones is not in dispute, they are after all current winners of the What Hifi awards. their compatibility with iPhone/iPod/iPad again is in no doubt. however as I now moved to samsung galaxy Note - I find only Pause/Play control works, and not the volume control nor the track forward/rewind.
Sep 2013 - the have released the AKG 452s - Android device compatible - well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of earphones for the money, 13 April 2013
This is the real Mc Coy.

What you can read everywhere about the sound quality of these earphones is true, I am only adding my +1 here.

It is plain to see why they got the WhatHiFi award. Bass are present but not overpowering, sound is very detailed overall, layers of bass, med and treble are balanced, nothing takes over the rest. I honestly can say that i am rediscovering my playlists, which range from Philip Glass to Dobie and stuff of more questionable distinction. I have not tried these with uncompressed songs on a proper amp yet, but even with MP3, this is a very rewarding experience.

I have tried a few earphones before choosing these. In my view, they beat the B&W P3 hands down (sound is warmer and less hollow, they are more comfy) and most of the massive over-ear ones i have tried (these are usually designed for massive bass and frankly, if you are anything older than 18, you unquestionably look like a prat wearing these).

Quality of build is really good despite being all plastic. They have a solid feel about them. I did not notice any of the parasite vibration that you sometimes have with cheap plastic. These earphones are also comfortable as they just seat on your ears.

Just as importantly, their design is a great alternative for those of us who don't feel like wearing massive earphones with garish finish - no green and brown camo, red kitchen gloss finish or skulls with glitter. The K451 are very discrete, your Radio 4 listener well-educated type of earphones, but a Radio 4 listener who would sometimes enjoy a bit of base-jumping. I really like these earphone's quiet "Kraftwerk German technoïd" look (well, AKG is technically Austrian but you get the idea).

The small command clip on the cable works just fine. On my iPhone5, I can set the volume, skip/back/forward songs and pick up/end phone calls remotely (there is a small integrated mike).

If you are looking for sound, good quality and don't care much about being a walking advertisement for Dr Beat, these are for you. The K451 are grown up, practical, sonically fab and really hard to fault.

At 50 quid and a bit, this is an absolute bargain. Buy them and you will listen to great sounds - and you will feel immensely smug you did not fork out £100 more for something of a lesser quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, Poor construction., 23 Jan 2014
These are an upgrade of the K450's which I bought last year, they may sound better (I was impressed by the originals) but the physical design is the same (I checked that out at a local Richer Sounds) which I found to be weak as after a few months of light use the swivel joints at the base of the headset on both sides cracked (one fell apart). Got cheesed off with the seller at the time who passed me on to AKG cutomer services, and another department et.c Good glue fixed the problem but they won't fold down anymore and look a bit shabby, they still sound good but aren't as portable. My review's based on the previous ones which I gave 4 stars for the sound quality and comfort but I would be wary of these if you want to use them frequently.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful sound, nice build quality., 29 Dec 2013
Read all the reviews, read the What Hi Fi review and thought these a guaranteed good buy, especially as they were in the Black Friday sale. Then at christmas i received the B&W P3s, which i admit cost a lot more cash but are a work of art.

So my comparison of these is versus the P3s and some old earbuds - i held off from using these till after christmas. Build wise they are great, nice design, detachable cable, fold up into a good design travel case. So its all looking good. Shame they don't sound as good.

Sound wise, these are a mess. It is as if someone has gone into iTunes and changed all the equaliser settings - the sound from these is very poor and quite 'tinny' with no depth to the music. I'm no music buff and when I spend a bunch of cash on headphones then i want to like them, but i could never recommend these to anyone based on the sound produced. I thought for a while I may have bought a fake pair, but on checking I bought these direct from Amazon.

‹ Previous | 1 2 340 | Next ›