on 2 January 2014
My son said he had been thinking of buying this one himself. He rated it as excellent and thought it had a great storyline. Good delivery.
on 8 November 2013
Elissa and her mother move into a rented accommodation, which is surprisingly cheap due to the fact that a little girl murdered her parents and ran away at the titular location.

They learn that the son, Ryan, still lives there alone and plans to renovate the house and sell it.

All the townsfolk despise Ryan for no good reason and Elissa strikes a friendship with Ryan despite her Mothers doubts.

But is Ryan all that nice, and whats in his basement? Obviously released to make money thanks to Lawrences fame garnered from The Hunger Games, I wasn't looking forward to this in the slightest, but I was surprised.

I hadn't seen any trailers for the film, and purposely knew nothing about it.

For the most part of the film, it kept me uneasy, with an acute sense of dread throughout the film. For once I was thinking 'where could this go?' And then halfway through the second act, it clicks, but this is thanks to the film makers just being lazy.

It's not a horror film, and although there are a lot of jump scares, it's all down to over use of orchestral music, and the film homageing other classic movies (there is one scene at the end that reminded me of Silence of the Lambs, but it was effective).

The main cast are great, but support is just your awful typecast frat boys and geeks who add nothing to the film.

Lawrence proves that winters bone was no one trick pony, she really excels with the material, and although it goes into Pacific Heights/Fear/Unlawful Entry/Single White Female mode during the finale, she manages to make the film a little bit better than it should be.

There is a little twist at the end, but you half expected it.

My advice is try not to read anything about this film, because if I had, I wouldn't have had enjoyed it half as much as I did knowing nothing about it.
on 17 August 2015
Watched this with my teenage daughter, its just right! Tense enough, but not too much for her (or me) great price & DVD arrived quickly.
on 1 February 2014
The only good thing about this Film was Jennifer Lawrence's hotness.

It just never went anywhere and it was as boring as sin.
on 9 January 2014
not a bad little film .l like the twist at the end .not a horror film .just enough to keep you wondering whats going to happen next.
on 10 January 2014
this dvd was brillant to watch even the wife liked it for achange well worth the look order came before delivery date well packed
on 18 August 2015
I was hoping this was gonna be a really good film and was sadly disappointed. It became very predictable and wasn't very jumpy.
on 3 December 2014
This dvd did hit my expectations and was as advertised, was easy to open arrived on time, and was in good condition through-out.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2013
really good condition thank you my wife will be happy at Christmas she loves this film I liked it a good film would recommend it
on 25 October 2015
not a horror movie at all, nothing scary about it. was totally disappointed and didn't enjoy the storyline at all. quite boring