on 17 December 2012
Just top notch headphones. Bit big and pretty pricey but well worth it.

Fit over ear is really comfortable, much more so than Beats. Sound quality first rate.

Would highly recommend them to anyone.
on 5 November 2014
was recommended these from Dixons at the airport and found them cheaper on here.

I absolutely love them. Great sound quality. Really good bass. The cables supplied allow you to use them with your phone. Volume control on the cables to.

Really happy with them. Made my train journeys far less painful.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 8 April 2015
I bought these headphones in hopes that it would meet my expectations. I had tried them on at a shop a fews months ago and remember them being very comfortable as well as having good sound quality (bass, trebles and mids were balanced)

Item arrived earlier than estimated which is always nice.

Pros:
Good build quality.The design is stylish. Sound is good. Nice bass and midtones. Noise cancelling. Comes with 3 different 3.5mm audio jacks.

Cons:
Carry bag is low quality and not a hard case which worries me if I were to pack them in another bag.
When connected to your iPod or computer or what have you, with no music playing, you can hear the "passive" noise canceling faintly. When I played classical music for example, or songs with only one or few instruments, I could hear the faint buzzing sound in the background. This was extremely annoying to me, since I noticed this faint noise canceling sound, I can't help but hear it when the music permits it.

I understand these are "passive noise canceling" headphones, but i didn't realise that meant having the buzz constantly on. Of course with music loud enough you can't hear it, or listening to music while on your commute won't be a problem. I realise it was my fault for not understanding the concept of "passive noise canceling" and also let myself go by its design and exclusivity.

Verdict:
Honestly these headphones are decent, good sound and nice build quality. Them being stylish and coming with 3 different cables is also a bonus. If you're one with more sensitive ears that enjoys listening to music with little noise around and are picky, I wouldn't recommend these.
However, if your going to use them to listen to music anywhere other than the peacefulness of your quiet room, go for it. But don't let style take over practicality (and always read up reviews of various other comparable products before making a decision!)
I'm returning these headphones and probably going for the bose truesound over ear headphones
on 11 May 2013
Four Stars for sublime sound quality; the sound clarity are beyond expected and deep base without distorting sound quality and clarity.
Very comfy headphones and not heavy or as large as they might seem in photos and sit perfectly over the ears and around the head.

However I had discovered that the headphones have started to produce a persistent windy/static noise over and in the background of whatever you may be listening to. The noise is not overwhelming and depending of the recorded sound quality of the track/video I am listening to, I can not always hear it until the track changes and silence takes its place.
Also when plugging in the headphone jack to the actual headphone unit; if I touch the plastic covering the area around the socket whilst the headphones are switched on and powered, the headset produce a constant whining sound (noticeable over sound) until finger has been removed.

This is most likely my unfortunate luck to receive a faulty set and doubt the issue will occur among other units.

Therefore despite my issue I highly recommend these headphones to any other silly fool; such as myself to spend at least £200 on headphones.
If you love music and have the money, buy these headphones! All my friends are in awe of my sense prioritising my money and in the amazing sound that these headphones produce.

Enjoy : )
on 2 September 2013
Needed a new pair of headphones as my Bose ones broke at the plug which is the second pair to do so.
Went out with an open mind and tried several pairs from all manufacturers and price ranges
After trying the Inspirations, i didn't go any furthur, nothing compared
Although way more than i initially wanted to pay for a pair of cans, they are awesome,and enhanced every song i tried with them off my I Phone
I am amazed how different the music sounded with these on../. Fantastic !
Pay the price, you won't regret it, after all, you get what you pay for !
on 5 June 2015
I bought these headphones as a replacement for my old ones.

They Sound very good sound in my opinion really big bass (as expected) the mids are quite nice and great highs.

The noise canceling is alright actually, Yes I agree there is the tiniest of hiss but I think its very discrete (much much better than beats studio noise canceling), however, I noticed there is a big increase in overall volume, bass and highs when turned on. Some people might not like this but I think it really improves my listening experience. Also these would be perfect for long flights.

Solid build quality, quite heavy when wearing though, but this only a small issue.
Also thanks, Monster for supplying batteries for the noise canceling! :)

Overall I would give these headphones my approval! Nice work Monster!
on 9 January 2015
The sound that these cans generate is simply beautiful, clear, crisp, balanced and precise. They're a real pleasure to listen too and very comfortable to wear. They look great, feel really high quality and are exceptionally well made. Overall I'm thrilled by my purchase.

The only weakness these headphone display, is the noise cancelling is not as effective as other products I've used (eg. BOSE), there is also an audible buzz when the sound cancelling is active and no music is playing. The noise cancelling does work a bit, but doesn't make a massive difference (although I was very impressed that Duracell batteries were included with the headphones).

These are the best headphones I've every owned or indeed used. And they're so close to being flawless, it's a real shame the noise cancelling is weak.
on 11 January 2015
Lovely headphones but poor cables. I had already tried lots of different types of 'phones which did not match up to the monsters sound quality so I knew I was going to love the sound. However one thing I had not thought about was the cables. These come with a choice of cables and they are all really poor, and much too short to be of any use really. I have had to buy an extension cord to be able to just get far enough away from my HiFi to sit on the sofa which is right next to it! The cables provided are also really weedy and when I tried a much more meaty 3.5 mm jack cable from a different manufacturer it wouldn't work with the Monster's. Very dissapointing when this is otherwise a lovely product.
on 26 January 2013
I've been after a set of these headphone for a long while, but I couldn't justify their price tag. However, they seem to be coming down in price; I got mine (not through Amazon) for £130, they are the white version though, the black ones were more expensive.
In the early 80s I used to own a set of Koss Pro 4AAA headphones that were fantastic; these Monster Inspiration are the closest I've been able to get to the sound quality of those vintage Koss phones. Nowadays of course I listen to music mostly on an MP3 player, as opposed to a big HiFi unit and vinyl, also my hearing range will not be what it was, but these sound pretty fantastic to me. They are comfortable over the ears and I have worn them for a couple of hours without any major discomfort. The Active Sound Cancellation works fine around the house, whether it is computer or washing machine noise, or my wife listening to the TV, the headphone do a good job blocking it out. They are easily driven by my Sony Walkman NWZ-A866, in fact the volume level I use is the same for the in-ear headphones supplied with the Walkman. They appear to be well made and feel like a quality item; even the packaging is well made, with a magnetic catch on the cardboard box! They come with a spare headband and 3 leads. I've not used either of the phone leads so cannot comment on them. The case that the phones come in is also nice quality.

All in all I am very happy with the Monster Inspiration Headphones. The sound, for me, is excellent; the build quality also seems very high. Had I spent £250 (the UK RRP) on these I would not have been disappointed; that fact I paid £130 for them make me extremely happy. I suspect that maybe they are being discontinued and that is the reason they are coming down in price, but whatever the reason, if you fancy some decent headphones have a look around for these, and grab yourself a bargain.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 12 July 2015
I bought these headphones last week and have not been able to leave them alone for more than 10 minutes!!
These headphones have superseded my expectations in so many areas. Sound quality is top notch, the bass in these headphones are better than I expected and not too overpowering. The headphones themselves are over ear and very comfortable allowing use for hours at a time. the design is unique and the silver colour adds a premium look to them. delivery was fairly quick arriving within a week. I would recommend these for anyone who enjoys quality music on the go!