4.0 out of 5 stars 100 cheaper than the canon ring...
Published on 26 Dec 2011 by mal

2.0 out of 5 stars Tripod Mount Ring C
Published on 20 Nov 2011 by G. Simpson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars 100 cheaper than the canon ring..., 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: Maxsima - Tripod Mount Collar Ring for Canon C (WII), EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM (Electronics)
I bought this aftermarket ring as I really hate being ripped off, the Canon ring at prices between 120- 150 are a real con. Considering the cost of the lens it would make perfect customer satisfaction sense to have these included as part of the lens package. However Canon regard this as not being the case. I found this aftermarket ring on Amazon which had mixed reviews, all of which I am sure are valid reveiws. The biggest gripe was either too tight a fit or poor quality finish. The ring I received had one very slight rough inner edge which I removed with a knife steel in under 10 seconds, this left no rough of potentially scratching edges. As for the fit, it was about perfect. snug but not too tight and solid enough to allow confidence that any lens was going to be held firm and secure. The colour match was almost perfect, so at 100 cheaper than the Canon original I feel this is a very good buy indeed. Order to delivery time was quick so all in all I am really happy I decided to go for the aftermarket option. Why 4 stars and not 5 .. well I did have to remove one tiny rough edge myself didn't I !

5.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative to expensive Canon original., 7 Jun 2012
This tripod ring fits well and is well made and almost indistinguishabe from the very expensive Canon original. A good buy for occasional use but if I was using this ring on the lens all the time I would seriously consider the Canon version.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect fit, 3 April 2013
Hi, I got this like everyone else as canons item is so much more expensive, but this fits perfectly, easy to take off and put back on again. and very stable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maxsima - Tripod Mount Collar. Canon 70-300L, 9 Feb 2013
First impressions

The fit of the tripod mount is excellent, no issues with tightness on fitting.

The finish is good, again, no issues with the finish. All nice and smooth.

The colour matches the lens perfectly.

Build quality is surprisingly good, its quite hefty and feels quite rugged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 15 Dec 2012
I saved about 100 by buying this instead of the Canon version. I struggle to think what that extra 100 would have bought me.
The quality is excellent for the money, a good secure fit, a good colour match and no sharp edges.
If I ever need to buy another lens tripod mount I will certainly look for a Maxsima version and will have no hesitation in buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent buy, 19 May 2012
This is amazing value. At less than a quarter (currently) of the price of the original Canon product, this looks as good and, as far as I can see, does the job just as well. It's a perfect colour match for the lens and fits well. (Yes, I did have to fiddle a bit when fitting it for the first time, probably because the soft liner needed to be compressed a little to provide an easy fit; now, however, although it remains a snug fit, it screws together with no problems.) The product is well-finished: no sharp edges. Just to make sure, I did smooth off a few edges round the hinge area with an emery board, but I don't think this was really necessary. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value Canon tripod ring, 4 Mar 2012
Considering Canon want to charge 130+ for an almost identical device so that you can mount THEIR lens on a tripod, this is the best value I have known for a long time in photographic equipment. Exactly what is required, fits easily and snuggly and does the job. Well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 29 Feb 2012
I can't agree with some comments, this looks good and fits like a glove!Exactly as it says on the tin. Exactly as it says on the tin.

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthy alternative to it's expensive and unavailable CANON equivalent, 31 May 2012
Does the job. Yes,it is a little tight and the screw needs a fiddle to close it but I didn't see any burred edges, it hasn't scratched my lens and I am a tidy 110 better off

2.0 out of 5 stars Tripod Mount Ring C, 20 Nov 2011
I bought this tripod mount ring as a cheeper alternative to the canon tripod mount ring, However although it was built to a fairly good quality i found it impossible to fit to my EF 70-300mm L lens. It was too tight to clamp it together to hold the lens and i didnt want to risk scratcing the paintwork of my new lens by trying to force it on. But i cannot fault the supplier for quick delivery of the item and giving me a prompt refund and good email comunication.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›