5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Mouse
I now own the full set of Steel Series Diablo gaming peripherals (My reviews for the headset and gaming surface are here on Amazon UK) and this is the one I'm most satisfied with.

Published on 8 Mar 2012 by J. C. Neale

3.0 out of 5 stars nice mouse BUT USB CONNECTOR WAS LOOSE WHEN FITTED INTO ...
nice mouse BUT USB CONNECTOR WAS LOOSE WHEN FITTED INTO MY LAPTOP!!!! I MEAN ....... HOW COULD A USB BE MADE TO BE LOOSE ???????? NON OF MY OTHER USB CABLES WIGGLED ROUND LIKE THIS DID ??? ODD
Published 2 months ago by FFOXSOX

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Mouse, 8 Mar 2012
J. C. Neale (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

Visually, I love it. It's a sleek design, with Diablo touches and the mouse wheel and Diablo III logo pulsate red with varying intensity (You can modify the light pulsating settings with the downloadable Diablo-Themed Driver/Software Engine) - It really does look very smart indeed.

However, this is no Lady Of The Lake and it's no tease - It functions just as great as it looks. The design is very, very comfortable to use and it feels well built. I was worried this might be a mouse that won't take much punishment, but from the time I've had with it I've been proved wrong. It's sturdy yet lightweight - The 'Action' feels pleasing, too.

The downloadable software is a great addition to have - It's themed after Diablo, of course, and there you can customise every button for every day use, or for gaming (and eventually Diablo III itself). You can save different settings as different profile set-ups, so if you are switching from web-browsing to demon-slaying, all you do is click on your 'Hack 'n' Slash' saved mouse set-up and off you go.

So it's a very aesthetically pleasing, well built mouse with great functionality - And it looks like it came from the Burning Hells of Diablo. As a fan, what's not to like?
Well, the only downer I will place upon this review is the price. I don't have a vast experience of buying gaming mice, but £54.99 seems just a little bit too steep for me. As with the headset, yes, you are paying quite a bit more for the eye-candy factor - But although I think I emptied my pocket more than I would have wanted it to, I am still perfectly happy with the buy. It's by no means and rip-off. And if you are, like me, a Diablo fan wanting a great quality mouse that looks as cool as Hell, here you go!
For those influenced more by sense and function-for-price factors, and less by unashamedly schoolboyish, geek based giddy-ism, You may be better off looking for a different mouse.

Just an extra word of warning, though: I had to order a replacement through Amazon as I accidentally interrupted the firmware update after downloading the software- This basically put the mouse into a permanent sleep that I couldn't wake it up from. It seemed like after restarting my system that my screen had frozen, when actually it was the software taking an age to load up for the first time, so I 'Forced Quit' it, but this interrupted the Firmware update. (I'm running a Mac, OS Lion 10.7.3)
So, to make sure there are no problems, here's what I'd recommend:
- One you have plugged it in, download and install the software from the Steel Series Website and re-start your system when prompted.
- Once you have logged back in, just be patient and wait for the software to automatically pop-up. (for some reason, it took a while, even though I have a pretty powerful Mac)
- When the notification pops up saying it will update the firmware, click OK and DON'T PRESS ANYTHING. There is no progress bar, and no indication that it has started (Which is why it looked to me like it had crashed)
- You'll eventually (and hopefully) be notified that it was successful and you should disconnect and reconnect any D3 device. Then, load of the software and you are home free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mouse, great software, 11 Nov 2012
Mr. J. D. Hunt (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Simply put, this mouse is fantastic. It is the very first SteelSeries product I have purchased, and it will definitely not be the last.

Pros
====
# Diablo theme is very cool, without being over the top - only the Diablo III logo at the very back
# Truly ambidextrous in that it is symmetrical, unlike some mice which claim to be yet have a slight curve to one side of them. It is also reasonably long, so it actually fits a palm grip very nicely - other grip styles aren't my thing so not able to judge the mouses use for them.
# Ability to turn the LEDs to slow/medium/fast Pulse, Off, or 'On Click'
# Durable, claiming to have up to three times the durability of normal gaming mice, let alone non-gaming mice.
# Good 'action' on the clicks, it is noticeable that you have clicked, without being too loud or requiring too much travel distance before the click registers
# The side buttons are well placed, accessible (even the two on your off side) without being prone to accidental clicking
# On the fly sensitivity changing via button below scroll wheel (with red LED on/off indicator between the two)
# Braided cord to prevent tangles, with small red 'flecks' which nicely fit the theme without being overpowering

Plus all your usual high end gaming mice stuff, like 100-5700 CPI (Counts Per Inch), 125-1000Hz Polling Rate, easy binding of buttons and multiple profile storing.
Even has the ability to start counting the number of times you press each button (with start/stop) and to display a lifetime number of clicks. In under a week my left click has done in excess of 25,000 clicks!

Cons
====
# Software interface is Diablo themed too, which might put some people off
# Branded, obviously a negative if you are worried about the mouse showing it's age in a few years (Look at the SteelSeries Xai instead if this is a concern!)
# Expensive, as always gaming mice are expensive compared to your standard mouse. Consider your keyboard and mouse to be luxuries if on a tight budget, spend your money instead on a better processor, graphics card, memory etc first

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Mouse, 15 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I recently was in need of a new mouse, since my Razer Diamondback 3G has finally given out (the right button had worn out). Getting use to a new mouse takes awhile to adjust to, so I spent a large period of time checking reviews for mice that were on the same level in terms of quality and comfort as the diamomdback. I tried the Razer Abyssus only to find the mouse was far too light, so much that it felt like I was holding nothing in my hand and this was actually something I disliked.

I eventually decided on the Steelseries Diablo 3 mouse and I am extremely pleased with the product, the weight in my opinion is perfect, it is light but it has enough weight to keep control and precision perfectly. It is also a very aesthetically pleasing mouse. The mouse uses 3 very large teflon feet that practically cover the entire surface, which gives the mouse a perfectly smooth gliding motion. The software that accompanies the mouse gives a huge amount of customization options that should meet any gamers needs.

The Mouse also is adequately quiet, and some games that require mass clicking such as League of Legends or Diablo 3 will not annoy you or any others in the same room.
Having come from a Diamomdback and an Abyssus, I can honestly say this is an excellent mouse that I find excels the previous two I mentioned. The only criticism for this mouse is the price which I find is far too steep but because it is a branded Diablo 3 mouse that is to be expected.

Overall brilliant product.

4.0 out of 5 stars This mouse suprised me a lot when I get used to it., 5 Aug 2014
Ding Ding Shi "D.D" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SteelSeries Diablo III Mouse (PC/Mac) (Personal Computers)
I bought this mouse purely due to the long life switches steelseries put in. And they are the only ones can compete with Logitech on switch durability right now.
I used to have a RAT9 which I loved, but the key switches are not very durable, hence I broke two of them in two years.
I then bought this mouse together with a RAT7, this one for MMO and RTS since these games doesn't require accuracy and dpi as much as FPS, and only use the RAT for FPS as the setup.
What surprised me is that after a couple month, I got used to this mouse and liked it more than the RAT. It feels right in the hand, even though there is no weight adjust system, it didn't bother me too much as the weight is more or less ok for most gaming. It had zero problems on precision and clicks. while the RAT7 does glitch on the sensor occasionally. I was lazy to switch to the RAT on a few occasions and found no problem playing FPS with it too. Hence, my RAT is back in its box and I just have this one on my desk now.
There is however one design issue to take off 1 star. The mouse is designed to fit both left hand and right hand. but the forward/back button are so annoying as they are on both side of this mouse. I often mistakenly click the right hand side buttons when I put the mouse around heavily. (I'm using right hand). I disabled the right side buttons to get around but it is still annoying, even just an empty click, it clicks. In my opinion, they should at least to have more resistance so they are not clicked that easily.

Well there, you have my review, I only clicked through 1m click on mine so far. Yet to test the claimed 15m clicks life span on it. But so far problem free and comfort to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, 2 Jan 2013
5. That's how many stars this mouse deserves. It has got everything I was looking for in a mouse: it has got a shape that perfectly fits my hand and all the buttons are easily reachable, yet it's not easy to press them by mistake. The central wheel works perfectly. The silk-like surface is really nice to put my hand on, and it also prevents the hand to slip during gameplay.
Since look matters, the design is simple but awesome at the same time. The red LED gives this mouse that "something more" normal mice don't have. A must for Diablo fans.
With the software-driver you can customize all the buttons and assign them to a specific application, so that the configuration automatically changes whenever that application starts.
This mouse is perfectly symmetrical, meaning that it can be used by left-handed people without any difference in functionality.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 3 Dec 2012
good quality and fit for my hand ,the feeling of this mouse is similar to the human skin I like it very much

5.0 out of 5 stars Blew me away!, 29 Oct 2012
This mouse is perfect for playing Diablo on, it's got all the extras and its got everything you would ever need t make your reactions quicker and a better player!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse, 17 Oct 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
It's a great mouse, responds well, looks and feels nice, has a nice driver menu and has a good strong cable. Only criticism is that it sometimes turns off and the only way to turn it back on it to move it to another USB port, but that might just be me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolest Mouse Ever!, 11 Jan 2012
T. Florczak - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this in combination with the witch doctor mousepad. I am very pleased about it!. It has a lot of buttens so u don't have to rely to much on your keyboard. So it's a real gamingmouse. Also it has red lights, but to my surprise the red light also gentle goes on and off. Very pleased! Defo worth the price! Especially if u're a fan of the series.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice mouse BUT USB CONNECTOR WAS LOOSE WHEN FITTED INTO ..., 11 July 2014
This review is from: SteelSeries Diablo III Mouse (PC/Mac) (Personal Computers)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

SteelSeries Diablo III Mouse (PC/Mac)
SteelSeries Diablo III Mouse (PC/Mac) by Steel Series (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)