5.0 out of 5 stars The power of positive psychology in all dimensions of human experience
Having already read Tal Ben-Shahar's The Pursuit of Perfect: How to Stop Chasing Perfection and Start Living a Richer, Happier Life as well as Jessica Pryce-Jones' Happiness at Work: Maximizing Your Psychological Capital for Success, and having absorbed and digested what their authors share, I was curious to know what (if anything) new Shawn Achor could contribute to the...
Published on 11 April 2011 by Robert Morris

3.0 out of 5 stars Happiness advantage
Was ok but not quite what I was looking for. I have read after a radio programme recommended it by someone who rang in. May be useful to perspective students of psychology
Published 4 months ago by mari

5.0 out of 5 stars happy book, 14 April 2014
This review is from: The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology that Fuel Success and Performance at Work (Kindle Edition)
I liked reading this book and about all the studies supporting positive psychology. I will recommend it to my friends and try to apply these principles in my own life. I'm already keeping a list of 3 good things in my life every day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Happiness advantage, 15 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars BUT THIS, 15 Feb 2014
I have been interested in positive psychology for many years. I aply a lot of these simple principles in my daily life, but even if you already know everything in this book it is worth buying to hear it again, affirm it to yourself, and also for the funny, clear, well-researched, well-supported arguments that the author uses to get his message across.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 19 Jan 2014
Nikki (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This book was over too quickly! Really sound advice always followed up by experimental examples. Will be re-reading to ensure the maximum happiness advantage is gained!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read and very inspiring.., 6 Jan 2014
This is a great read and I found it very inspiring.
It is not a long book, but lots of excellent ideas and advice and it has certainly helped me with the way I run my company!

5.0 out of 5 stars A motivating read, 20 Nov 2013
I have just finished this book over a period of two days. I even noticed that I was already making positive changes after getting a good night sleep and completed things I have felt I have not had the energy to do. I do not know if I will carry on with these tasks and only time will tell but I feel positive. The book was an easy read even with all that 'science stuff' and the author is genuinely very funny and I found myself from time to time laughing out loud. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Happiness Advantage, 22 Sep 2013
This book is brilliant. A lot to take in, but if you read it slowly, or pick and choose topics which will affect you personally, it's really good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pulled together research and simple actions/suggestions, 12 Sep 2013
NicGuest (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
I liked the fact that this book was heavily based on facts and research, helping persuade my 'show me the data' mind, that there really was something here that you could change, but then it also contained manageable bite size actions to help you drive he change. 3 weeks on and my inbox is still under control after years of trying, that for me alone was worth the purchase price, but I did take away a whole lot more.

5.0 out of 5 stars If working through change bothers you do not read this, 8 Jun 2013
This book makes good use of primary research to demonstrate how we can be trapped by our thoughts and actions. It provides simple but effective examples of how adjustments to our behaviours can improve every aspect of our lives by not seeing them as separate but connected. If you have read many self improvement books and become cynical about the messages they offer, give this book a try. You might find one thing about it that enables you to connect to yourself and others in a way that opens up a world of other possibilities in your personal and professional life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb writing, brilliantly simple strategies backed up by science, 9 Mar 2013
Mrs. A. V. Haley (UK) - See all my reviews
I have just finished listening to the Audible version and because there are so many elements that I want to revisit at my leisure, I have just ordered the physical book as well. After all, it's not easy to turn down a page or pop in a post-it note in an audiobook!!

I am usually hugely sceptical of 'self help' books, but I was attracted to this because it is backed up by hard science. Not only are the strategies useful, there are also lots of examples of how they have been used effectively. I also love the fact that it is an entertaining read, with a really engaging and interesting writing style that is amusing, entertaining and educational.

I have used some of the strategies with work colleagues and have noticed a difference. It's so easy to get stuck in a loop of the same negative behaviour without ever questioning whether a change might create a more positive result. In the current economic climate I think we can all benefit from thinking more positively!