5.0 out of 5 stars Secret little recipe book
Really love this book. It's small but gives you lots of simple to follow instructions, photos for every recipe(nice to see what the final product looks like), and uses accessible ingredients available in the British supermarkets.
Published on 13 Nov 2011 by Pp

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough slow cook recipes
I wanted recipes for my new purchase. This looked a good book with good reviews but there are too many recipes which require a lot of separate preparation and short cooking times. I bought my slow cooker to have a simple one pot meal ready when I get home in the evening, after putting all the ingredients in before I leave in the morning. I'll have to look for another book!
Published on 9 Dec 2011 by J. Edwards

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars GoodFood 101 Slow Cooker Favourites, 7 Mar 2012
A great book at a very good price.Well written with no flim-flam,who needs pictures I know what chicken looks like.Fast delivery just 2 days to get here and that was free.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too impressed., 22 Feb 2012
A nice little book to add to my recipe book collection. I found the book a little old fashioned and fussy but it was interesting to read about how the slow cooker works for different foods other than stews as there is a selection of dessert puddings and fruit recipes. I would have liked more chilli, curry and tagine type recipes as they would be super in the slow cooker.

The fact that it is an old fashioned book revampbed is the reason I am only giving it three stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Food 101, 7 Jan 2012
Book a bit smaller than expected but overall a very good purchase. Purchased as a gift for my mother and she loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow Cooker Favourites, 6 Dec 2011
Some tried and tested recipies in this little book. Not all to my taste, but a lot of good ideas and new things to try in the slow cooker. Worth buying for inspiration and to get away from the old stewing beef type meals!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very innovative!, 4 Jun 2013
Not a great buy. Recipes are awful and taste even worse. I only nought it necause id never owned a slow cooked before but use your common sense and make your own recipes up rather than waste money on this!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 May 2013
I bought this as I have one other slow cooker recipe book and wanted to expand what I cook. My view was you did prep the night before and in the morning tip your prepared meat/veg into the cooker and head off to work. Sadly for me a lot of these recipes are 'staged' i.e. you leave something for a couple of hours, add something else in for a bit, and so on. Defeats the purpose for me. Might suite if you are at home during the day but question your need for a slow cooker if that's the case!

1.0 out of 5 stars misleading, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Good Food: Slow Cooker Favourites: Triple-tested Recipes (Good Food 101) (Kindle Edition)
It is not a slow cooker cook book. It contains a number of procedures before and during cooking including grilling which the popular brands of slow cookers tell you not to. If you want to supervise the slow cooker whilst it is cooking, buy it. If you want the convenience of pot it and leave it, don't

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, 14 Mar 2012
It's ok if you dont really know any of the basics of cooking but there's very little here I wouldn't know how to do off the top of my head, and many recipes require too much last minute activity to justify them as convenient slow cooker recipes. If you have just left home and Mummy (or Daddy) have always cooked for you it is great, otherwise don't bother - not good enough to keep but not bad enough to send back; will make a good stocking filler.

3.0 out of 5 stars Little that stands out, 14 Jan 2012
We bought this book on the back of 101 meals for two which we found very good. 101 slow cooker favourites has been a little dissapointing however and with a larger number of "filler" recipes I would say; I really can't imagine slow-cooking porridge for 2 hours! As the title of the review implies, there are some decent recipes but little that grabbed my fascination. Had I browsed this book in a bookshop I doubt I would have purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 14 April 2014
Some really nice recipes in here. I have yet to try the rest out, but so far I am really pleased.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›