on 9 October 2014
I love the quietness of the shifter, but I went astep further and placed some neoprene foam rubber material in between the H-gates which made it near silent. In comparison to the Fanatec Clubsport shifter which clicks upon each gear change and has less of a feeling of an H-pattern because of it's smaller range of movement between gears, I was satisfied with my choice of purchase.

The quality is great with the 90% metal contruction and the adjustable tension is more than adequate of this type of device and this price range.

Changing from H-pattern to sequential mode can take one minute or more which is the only real hindrance to the overall ease of use, as it cannot be changed "on-the-fly".

The clamp is strong, the gears are 360 degrees rotatable making it robust and ergonomic.

Overall, it is a great experience and adds to the keyword 'immersion' many people look for in an addition such as this, particularly if you are using a clutch in tandem with the gear shifter. Occasionally, Amazon lowers the price of this shifter and it is then when I would recommend making a purchase of this item. If you cannot wait, and Amazon is not doing any price offers, but it is still selling at a good price, I would still recommended making the purchase as it improves the complete package feeling of driving a simulator.
on 11 June 2015
Awesome accessory for PS4! Greatly adds to the realism when playing Project Cars. Highly recommended.

NOTE: The picture being used to show this item isnt correct at the time of writing this review(14/06/2015).
At the moment, the picture shows the older TH8RS shifter, which has red metal on it. The item you will actually receive is the new TH8A shifter which has black metal and is fully compatible with PS4, PC and XBox One.
Dont let the picture put you off.
on 19 January 2016
£100 was eye-watering when I purchased this, but the fact that it's such a vast improvement to the stock Logitech G27 shifter makes up for that somewhat. Though you'll never fully be able to fully replicate a car thanks to the vibrations of the metalwork grinding below you, the TH8A does a good job of giving resistance and therefore a lot more satisfaction with every flick of the wrist.

Changing to sequential mode is a huge faff; I only did it once and never did it again after discovering it isn't all that special - at least not compared to the manual H-shifter. It takes about 5 minutes to do the swap, and that's just way too long if you're playing a racing game where you're constantly switching between cars with different transmissions.

I have the resistance fairly high to replicate a car as much as possible, and as a result it produces a distinctive 'click' every time I throw it into a gate. It's not the end of the world by any means, but it's a little niggling reminder that you're still using a toy - albeit a rather elaborate and swanky one. The throws are long, too, but I personally like that little aspect. Even with long throws, you can still pull off very quick shifts.

So make of that what you will, as these flaws can be benefits to some people. It's not perfect, but at the end of the day, it's a gaming accessory and not a real car gear stick. It's not far off though, and the sheer daily pleasure it gives has just - just - about justified its high price.
on 1 December 2014
Really good product, well made. Could have been made more realistic though. Had to make at least 4 modifications to make this feel closer to the real thing. If you rethread and shorten the stick shaft, tighten the action between the gears, put a heavier gear knob on, make or buy a modified plate with a better design, you should be onto about the best you can get gaming wise. This price though, you shouldn't have to do all that. I did because it feels far too awkward otherwise.
on 26 April 2016
Really good and very well made and makes the driving experience very life like which if your looking at this product it's a must for all serious sim racers very customisable and you can have sequential gear change as well as the H shift plate and if you like a stiff gear change or lose you can change that to very good product may take some getting used to if you have only used paddle shifters but that's all part of the fun see you all on project cars lol
on 1 August 2015
I currently have a Logitech G27 wheel, and the gear shifter that game with it... is rather rubbish. I never liked it and just used the paddle shifters, even on cars with manual gears such as the Lotus 49 (believe me, I tried to like the Logitech shifter). So I saw a review of this shifter on youtube, had some money from my birthday and I figured, why not....
The Best Purchase I have made on amazon all year!!! the feel of the shifter feels like a proper car, it really does. the Logitech one felt like a toy, where as this feels like it could be in an actual car. plus you can adjust the tension of it too, e.g. if you like it very light or rather stiff to move, you can do that. although I left it on default because it felt right to me.
Driving the Ferrari 312T around Zandvort on Assetto Corsa felt like heaven, the whole experience was amazing!. I cannot recommend this wheel enough, just buy it, you wont regret it.
review image
on 13 June 2016
Since this is an evolution from the first shifter for Ps3 (and Pc?), it should have been emproved fixing weak points, that are still there!!! The sequential shifting mode is simply bad, feels cheap and irrealistic; the manual shifting could be good BUT the screw that regulates the resistance just does not stay still on the setting you put, then the lateral movement of lever in neutral is excessive and resistanceless... Lastly, the hanknob is light as a maple if you take it apart to try the weight.
Anyway the looks are good and in any case for non professional sim racing is a fun product that can surely add one step more towards immersion and variety.
Ciao
on 27 May 2016
This has made my sim racing experience much better, I always felt a bit disconnected from the experience using the paddle shifter on my t300rs because I've always driven a manual car, now I can almost imagine I'm really driving, the build quality seems excellent. My only reason for 4 stars is the optional sequential shift, it feels poor in comparison but I'm glad the option is there. Very simple to setup on both ps4 and pc, just remember you must use the included USB cable when connecting to pc and you need to select the ps3 option if using with the t300.
on 2 May 2016
I was about to buy the logitech shifter with my g920 and glad I didn't.. the price almost put me off but is totally worth it.. the adjustability is great can mount and adjust angle of shifter so can mount on anything it grips fantastically well and feels great.. only downside is the throw is a tad long but everything else is so fantastic I can't even think of giving it anything below 5 stars..
on 24 March 2015
it has a great feel to it. Has a very heavy duty clamp to secure it to a table desk or wheelstand.
Has a lot of metal parts which makes it feel very good quality. I use it on horizon 2 and forza 5 on my xb1 and it seems to make me drive better than if I use my wheels paddles. 5 stars. If only the thrustmaster 3 pedals set was available.