5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional value for money: a wonderful purchase
Published on 7 Jun. 2012 by F. Odds

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a couple of 'WATCH-OUTS!'
OK, it's not bad at all for the price. You get a lot of bits. It all worked well straight away, My biggest complaint is that the lights you get are not the ones in the product shot. Theyr'e less complex control-wise with no handle. But they work. Also just a quick warn, you can't change the flash bulbs, when they go, that's it. For the money though, amazing - 3.5 stars.
Published 7 months ago by Mr. P. D. Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional value for money: a wonderful purchase, 7 Jun. 2012
F. Odds - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: 540w Studio Flash Lighting set 3 x 180 watt Light Kit (Electronics)
I'm an amateur photographer with a desire to expand into studio-type shoots. The choice of lighting equipment available is vast, but the advice one sees from the pros is to buy only the best quality brands. Sadly, the price tickets for the best quality brands are eye-wateringly high -- far too high for someone merely stepping to try out the first rung of the studio ladder. Finally I decided the risk of buying this comprehensive but cheap 540W kit that includes three lights and many extras was less than spending hundreds of pounds more for just a couple of lights. I want to find my feet, not to spend a lot for something I may end up using very seldom.

Now I have received and set up the kit, all I can say is I'm utterly delighted. Maybe everything will have ceased to work a year from now, but I somehow doubt it. All three lights worked perfectly straight out of the box. The wireless synchronizing unit operates flawlessly. I may never use the coloured filters that are included, but the light boxes, umbrellas and barn door attachment are definite encouragements to creativity. Everything is manufactured in China, which is why the price is so low, but the build quality of the lights and stands is commendable. Even the carry bag is well designed and beautifully made. I'm simply overwhelmed; this is a marvellous purchase, and Fotobyte, the supplier, provides fast despatch and delivery. Lke the other reviewer, I feel this is one of the best photographic purchases I ever made.

September 2012: edited to add that the price for this kit has now jumped considerably, so I would not be so enthusiastic about exceptional value for money as before. The kit has stood up well to transport and use and remains my idea of a great purchase at its former price.

5.0 out of 5 stars 540 studio flash lighting set, 28 Jun. 2012
I've received my flash lighting set yesterday. The quality is pretty good. Actually is much better than I expected considering the price. It was a real bargain for a whole set! worth buying it. By the way, the seller was very nice and replied my emails very quick. Thanks. will come back again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 30 July 2012
Terry D "tdawson735" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Although I first discovered these lights on Amazon I must start this review by admitting that I bought them direct from the supplier as there was a reasonable difference in price.

OK, that's enough sackcloth and ashes for one day: let's focus on the lighting kit...

Over the last few months I've been attempting to move my photographic skills from a basic 'point and click' approach to something a little more serious. The need for some lighting facilities - preferably flash-based - quickly became apparent and, in terms of price and facilities, this kit appeared ideal.

I was not disappointed. The three 180 watt lamps incorporate both flash and modelling lights; the tripods are solidly made and easily adjustable. The umbrellas and filters fit easily onto the lights and add considerably to the overall flexibility of the system.

The wireless trigger unit fits onto the shoe of my Canon EOS 60D and, without any adjustment to the channels, triggered the freestanding strobe units 'out-of-the-box'. A further advantage is that my Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash Unit also - and, once again, without any channel adjustment - triggered them.

The 180 watt strobe units each incorporate an output adjustment control which allows the intensity of the light output to be varied steplessly. This, along with the in-built modelling light, has proved to be a very useful bonus feature.

The kit comes complete with a heavily padded carry case. However, with everything packed into it you might need to practice your weightlifting!

The suppliers were also extremely helpful when I contacted them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set for the money, 3 Aug. 2014
Length:: 8:58 Mins

My first video review. Hope it helps you.

I can't add links below here. That was for somewhere else.

Great kit for the money. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good kit but be careful not to overtighten, 18 Nov. 2013
The product arrived promptly and well packaged. The only problem is that the attachment from the flash lights to the tripods is plastic and I overtightened it and it split. I contacted the provider and they didn't have a replacement part. But, I found that using a jubilee clip it fixed the problem. I put jubilee clips on all three flashes and they seem to be working fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 3 Feb. 2014
this is a good starter kit for home use. it is quick to setup and easy to get to grips with. The build quality is not great, but for the price you cannot complain. I dont think this kit would suit anyone looking to move it around lot but for the occasional home use setup it works extremely well.

Dont leave the model lamp on for very long as it starts to give off a burn smell after around 30 seconds. The flash recycle time is great for the price and the power is sufficient. Stands do the job but not the best.

If you do not have a home setup you cannot go wrong with this as your first. Unless you want to spend around three times the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars unbelevable value, 9 May 2012
Very fast delivery ( under a week inspite of the bank holiday weekend )
Set was well packaged and as described in add. the set is unbearabley easy to set up and the stands are good quality. Flashes with a range of cameras I have tried ranging from canon 7d to a very old fugi s7000, modeling lamps are very useful when setting up a shot, soft boxes are littel stiff to assemble but this means they are secure and well fitted when assembled. over all I am very happy
I would and will recommend this set and company to any one. Best amazon buy I have ever had. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 7 Jan. 2014
I bought this just for one job as to hire a 3 head flash kit would have cost £300 for a week. I was not expecting it to be great but given the cost I thought it would be worth the risk.
Its amazing!! all the bits one needs in one bag! . Its more than powerful enough , I shot a portrait assignment with it and was getting f11 with 2 heads in soft boxes at around 2Mts from the subject (camera set to 200iso)
One needs not to be heavy handed with the lights as they are lightly built , but with care I cant see why this outfit won't give me years of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product , good price, supper customer service., 29 Oct. 2012
I purchased this kit along with the backdrop kit (BPS Professional Background Support System Kit Set Adjustable Stand Tripod 9FT * 10FT 2.8m(H) X 3m,2.25m,1.5m (W) + 9FT (L)* 6FT(W) 2.8m* 1.8m Black&White Cotton Muslin Backdrop(with Rod Pocket for Hang) with carry bag) from the same supplier. After reading lots of reviews. I am really surprised, with the quality of the build. The stands are very good, the lights are heavy and well made.

The bag seems very well made and well padded, I have room to add a few extra bits form the backdrop kit into the lighting kit bag. Along with some other studio bits (4 port plug adapter etc)

Was little bit worried that I would not have enough power, but I had to turn all 3 lights down to minimum to stop me blowing the highlights on some test shots, so if you are worried about this not being powerful enough then don't be.

The lights are fully adjustable power settings, also have modeling lamps with really help when setting up the shots.

The remote sync works well with my Canon EOS 5D mk 2. Triggers all 3 lights at once, also my Canon Flash triggers the lights also which is a good bonus for me.

The only slight negative I would add (for now) is the lack of instructions, as this is my first studio kit and backdrop, I had to guess how most things fitted together, I have emailed the supplier and am waiting for a reply, if I get one I will update the review.

Would really recommend this along with the backdrop kit for any one starting out and not wanting to spend a fortune.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Nov. 2012
It is the.best piece of kit I have bought in ages. It is easy to use and light weight to transport round to different locations. I have taken great pictures using this kit. Thnks