5.0 out of 5 stars Great return for Bush!
I have been a long time fan of Bush and kind of fell on this album not knowing they had got back together.

Published on 3 Jan. 2012 by Pedro_Perez

3.0 out of 5 stars bush if you will settle for less
this is the new album. but it is no 16 stone or razor blade.
there is the odd track, where if you listen carefully enough you can here bush.
others have said it is more like the golden album = not my fave, so make your decision on that, i guess
Published on 11 May 2012 by choozymcr

5.0 out of 5 stars Great return for Bush!, 3 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Sea Of Memories (Audio CD)

As soon as I listened to it I found it was like having an old friend back in your life, Gavin's voice really shines and I think it has got better with time. Dont get me wrong, this is not the Bush of 16 Stone they have changed and so has the line up. What you have now is........how do I put it.....GREAT?

Its full of catchy, moody, and damn right adictive tunes that demand to be played loud.

Buy it, enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bush are Back....life's just gotten slightly better., 2 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Sea of Memories (Audio CD)
The 90's was a great decade for rock music. Bush were one of those bands, like Catherine Wheel, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana that could mix raw power with great emotion, melodies and lyrics.
Nowadays that appears to have gone. There's bands with raw power but little emotion (except anger) and bands with loads of tuneful sorrow (but not a lot of oomph).
I had no idea Bush were back in the studio until, by luck, I spotted the vid for 'All My Life' on You tube.
That's all I needed to buy the album 'Sea of Memories'.
It came via post a few days before I wrote this review and my initial impression was 'Wow'. I wanted a few more run throughs before I wrote a review though and I've done that in the car, at home and while walking dogs on my MP3. Basically there's been little else played since it arrived...it is that good.
Is it like the old 90's grungey Bush?
Yes and no.
Yes, because all the raw emotion is still tunefully and powerfully reproduced. This is still 'Bush', the same band that did 'Everything's Zen','Letting The Cable's Sleep' and 'Swallowed'.
No, because this is almost 20 years on and production in the studio has changed.
I can only say this is Bush 2011. The productions a little more modern, polished etc etc.
It's very subtle and I may even be looking at it too deeply to avoid saying Bush are exactly as they were.
Maybe they are and this collection of songs and this album is actually their best work so far.
That's unheard of surely. All comebacks are a disappointment to some degree are they not????
Well whether it's the very subtle production techniques improving Bush's wonderful style and songs or just the fact that they have got even better with the passing of time they've kicked out Sea of Memories', which, in my opinion is their best effort to date.
Surely there must be a tour that goes near Newcastle so I can get there.
Now we just need a similar comeback from Catherine Wheel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing ive heard all year...., 6 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Sea of Memories (Audio CD)
Bush....One of the best bands Britain ever had...and then sadly let go, I could never understand why we didnt embrace them like they did in America. Having followed them from the start `The Sea of Memories` is already battling it out with `Razorblade Suitcase` for top of my favourites list. Its a slightly different direction the band have gone in and I reckon they are better for it, a bit more up tempo,If I had to compare it to another Bush album I reckon its more along the lines of `Golden State`, However dont use that as a cast iron comparison, like I said its a new Bush sound and I love it. If you have even the slightest interest in Bush you will not be disappointed with this,If you have never even heard a Bush track in your life but enjoy real music made by real musicians with real instruments give this a go,again you wont regret it. Definately without a doubt the best thing ive heard all year. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars One song and now I'm hooked, 6 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Sea Of Memories (Audio CD)
The sound of winter was playing on the radio quite a few times, after hearing it 4 times I decided to buy it.

I must have played the album more than 20 times by now easily. Somehow this great band wasn't discovered by me until now, great comeback album for sure. Perfect tempo to be listened to for me, I would recommend this as a great set of songs with a great single to sell it to others.

Extra disc of songs is always a plus too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Long time fan - So disappointed, 18 Mar. 2014
N. P. Manning "Nique" (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sea Of Memories (Audio CD)
In short, I believe this offering is akin to a watered down glass of 80s Happy Shopper Orange Squash.

Looks great in the packaging and promises much.....unfortunately when consumed it quickly disappoints and leaves a slightly weird bitter aftertaste.

Its clear that the producer and the band went for a lighter, more poppier tone (with a sprinkling of low B bass intros), which IMHO dispite some decent licks, makes all the tunes sound they should have been performed by Avril Lavigne.

I hate to write this as Im a huge fan (I got Sixteen Stone a couple of months after its first release) but this is really the worst offering by the band. It misses the mark more so than some of the tunes from The Science Of Things.

After the fantastic Golden State this really is a huge disappointment

Sorry Gavin & Co

4.0 out of 5 stars NICE, 16 Sept. 2013
Very nice sound!
It is not the best CD of Bush but the fans would not be disapointed for sure!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!, 9 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Sea Of Memories (Audio CD)
Always been a fan of theirs from when they first started to great to get more good music from them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gavin Rossdale has found his groove again., 28 May 2013
Mr. J. Smith - See all my reviews
Bush have been around for some time now on and off. This is a great record which echoes their most recent stuff, not the grungey sound of the earlier albums but still unmistakeably Bush in their sound. Rossdale provides excellent vocals and the rest of the band give this a nice heavy vibe. The album starts off strongly with some very memorable tracks but it does lose itself after the 5th or 6th song; they start to sound samey and there isn't much to distinguish between each track. Still, it's worth a listen, stand out tracks include 'The Sound of Winter' and 'The Mirror of the Signs'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked it from the first play, 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Sea Of Memories (Audio CD)
This is my first Bush CD. I liked it from the first play and it is still growing on me three weeks later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bush are back!, 1 Mar. 2013
Amazon Customer (Zeewolde, The Netherldands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sea Of Memories (Audio CD)
We waited far too long for a new cd from Bush. Gavin did an excellent job on his own, but
getting Bush (semi) back together was the best thing he could ever have done!
The songs are exactly what you'd expect from them, they certainly don't disappoint.

The Sea Of Memories
The Sea Of Memories by Bush (Audio CD - 2011)