5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective
While I have a Wi-Fi network set up at times the performance can drop especially when a lot of devices are being used. Bought these to connect my desk top PC. There is lots of information on Powerline devices available , but in outline they use your existing electrical wiring to transfer data. These units are better than other Powerline devises as they don't block a...
Published on 11 Aug 2012 by John Wade

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked for just over a year...Cap bows out
I would have given this kit of two passthrough Powerline adapters a high rating as they just worked as advertised. Plug and play. Worked for exactly 14 months from first use. Never had to do a thing to make them work or keep them working. Then overnight one of them is just dead to the world. Pass through mains works but LEDs showing no power, no activity. Nothing...
Published 12 months ago by A Cactus

‹ Previous | 134 35 3687 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought two sets and all 4 items worked without a hitch, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: TP-Link TL-PA251KIT AV200+ Multi-Streaming Powerline Starter Kit with AC Pass Through (UK Plug Only) (Accessory)
I've connected three PCs to our router with these devices and they've worked faultlessly out of the box. Great value and well featured i am really glad I bought them.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the money, 31 Jan 2014
i purchased these to connect my talktalk youview box and my bluray player to my existing network,

I am pleased to say they worked straight out of the box, no fiddling with settings, and considering the cost I believe they are well worth the money.

if you need a cheap effective way of connecting a sky box or any other player that requires a internet connection, you will not go wrong with these.

3.0 out of 5 stars PA451 kit, 31 Jan 2014
The powerline adapters work well
A simple matter of pressing the link button and they find each other. As noted in various published reviews the 500Mbps is misleading to be polite. With a 100Mbps Lan connection the higher rate between user equipment is blatently impossible although I understand that TP Link claim that the inter-adapter speed can reach 500Mbps.

I have linked these satisfactorily with the gigabit version PA551 to give me a higher inter-computer speed and lower data rates on less critical audio equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Solution, 30 Jan 2014
David J. Wilson "Gadget" (Camberley UK) - See all my reviews
I'd been getting grief for a long time, kept blaming my provider. So the other day a friend came over and was checking something on his iPad and said you speed is not very good. Lets have a look at this super hub. Well the hub, which I did not know was also a router was still plugged into my Apple Airport. So he disconnected the Airport and using the password on the super hub, set that up as a separate network. Speeds where double, but the power was not so great to get wifi to the study, where my iMac is. So by purchasing these Powerlink adapters. Which arrived on the day that was predicted, I plugged in and connected the either net cable to the hub and as suggested plugged the other one into another outlet in the room and paired them. Then into the study, where I initially put the either net cable straight into the mac, for a try. Then thought that I would be better connecting it to my Airport and also connect the printer via either net cable. So my iMac and iPad are working on my old network name with speeds that will stream 4K video from You Tube and I no longer get other wifi signal trying to take over, as they did when my signal was so weak. It has been such a relief to get the problem of the internet speed finally sorted, with this for me, perfect solution

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 Times faster than WiFi for me, 29 Jan 2014
I thought Virgin Media was just a s****ty ISP but it turns out that I was blinded by my faith in wireless networks. Even though the router is only 10-15 meters away from my PC, and with almost a direct line-of-sight, it was only giving me 3.7mbps download. Upon switching to this powerline adapter I instantly saw 31.3mbps!

Only now do I realise how bad WiFi is and I will certainly be using these guys from now on. Plus I can trust the 128-bit AES encryption a bit more than WPA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enabled my MyView box to connect to internet, 29 Jan 2014
C. Cass "quiltercass" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Didn't have the broadband coverage to reach to the corner of the room where the TV and PVR are. These extenders worked really well and we can now use the Internet Players and CatchUp services through the MyView box now.

They worked for me and are a lot less expensive then dragging up carpets and floorboards to install a long ethernet cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved our problems!, 28 Jan 2014
A. Thomas (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This item is great!
Unfortunately, in our apartment our wifi didn't extend to the main bedroom, from the router in the kitchen. This provides really fast speeds to our Mac perfect enough for us to stream Netflix etc. in the bedroom.
It's also great compared to other cheaper versions, because we have a lack of electrical sockets and this just means that the socket isn't taken up permanently.
We've had these running for a month and they haven't given a single problem. I would definitely recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must have, 27 Jan 2014
Brought this for my connecting my Youview box to the home broadband in my bedroom, so far no problems with it. Recommend buying the AC Pass Though so you can still use the electric socket.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy, so good., 26 Jan 2014
By circumstance I was forced to move my pc to another room away from the wall mounted Virgin fibre optic input box. I bought these super little gadgets rather than reroute and/or install new Ethernet cables to the PC, the smart TV and a few other "connected gadgets" not all of which are Wi-Fi enabled

So this was not just trying something new but moving everything - scary.

I worried needlessly. After I had moved everything and arranged it to my satisfaction I connected the TP Homeplugs with the supplied Ethernet cables, the first to the router and plugged to the mains, the rest (3 more) to the appropriate remote mains sockets and via the Ethernet cables to the various connected gadgets. I then, with some trepidation, switched on the PC and to my delight found that everything worked without me having to do anything else at all. Huge sigh of relief and suitably (falsely) modest demeanour when my wife said "That went well then"

Points:
I didn't have to press any buttons. This didn't matter
The supplied CD wouldn't load it said "Wrong version of Windows" (its 8.1) This didn't matter.
The pass through socket is worth the extra money.
HD Streaming from my pc to the TV or watching Netflix in HD are both faultless.
Verdict:
Buy these! They are simplicity itself to set up and work perfectly

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well!, 26 Jan 2014
Alejandra Quiroz Maradiaga (Lymington, UK) - See all my reviews
My mother in law loves it and wants to use it with her Kindle! :-p She normally sits in the worse corner of the lounge, where all the wifi goes to die, so this seem like the perfect solution to our problem. Does what it says and all she has to do is plug the cable to her laptop when she needs it.

‹ Previous | 134 35 3687 | Next ›