4.0 out of 5 stars good basic phone excellent battery life
good basic phone excellent battery life delivered on time ,if the screen had been a touch larger would have been rated excellent.
Published 10 months ago by Russell l Farr

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality
I wanted to downgrade to a really basic phone that just does texting & calls. I like the flip design & purple is my favourite colour. That's what the stars are for. That aside, the sound quality is so poor I cannot hear what callers are saying. There is so much reverberation that the words are indiscernible... Sadly, I've had to return it.
Published 20 months ago by Miss T

4.0 out of 5 stars good basic phone excellent battery life, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Samsung E1190 Deep Purple Unlocked Mobile Phone (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect purple, 16 May 2013
Lady Haha (Buckingham, England.) - See all my reviews
What a super little phone, fits nicely in the hand & is barely noticeable in your jeans pocket, got a nice feel to it as well, I like the textured casing. Very easy to understand & to add contacts (holds 1000) . The fact that it was unlocked meant that I could use my old pay as you go Tesco sim card, just put it in & away it went. As for sound quality (when making calls), not perfect but its not bad either, so if you want the phone to make quick calls on its perfect but I wouldn't want it for business calls. Only one little thing, when you text you have to be on the ball because it seems to go from the T9 formatting back to ABC after you have been into the "add symbol" mode, only had the phone for a day so maybe its me being a ham fisted idiot & it needs getting used to. All in all I love it, oh yes & last but by no means least its a wonderful shade of purple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiddler, 13 Feb 2014
Great little phone, easy to set up, easy to use, everything you need in a basic phone, a great buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant phone, 17 May 2013
Does everything you'd expect it to and at a good price. This is a very good all round little phone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 4 Jun 2013
this phone is very easy to use , I use it to phone my friends in Egypt it is so clear no interference at all. Great value for money
I will certainly recommend this phone to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung E1190 Great Value, 30 April 2013
Nadia Crouch (Clear Spring, MD USA) - See all my reviews
Excellent value for money for this simple phone. Worked immediately I inserted my old SIM card. Great Sound. My wife has a hearing aid and the sound is far superior to her old phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but beautifully formed, 26 Feb 2014
Just whatI needed a small phone to go in my pocket while out cycling. keeps its charge for ages and as it is a clam shell it has more protection than my other phone. I just needed a basic phone and this fits the bill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung clam shell, 22 Feb 2014
The phone is very easy to use and doesnt get accidently switched on in your pocket. The phone is unlocked so it will work on any network. It arrived swiftly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Accidental text blocking, 28 Aug 2014
Good, robust, easy-to-use basic phone BUT only 4 stars because somehow it (or I) managed to put my partner's phone number into the block number text file. Not only this model - I had an E1150 which last May, unknown to me, had done the same thing. Assured at that time by both mobile providers that our accounts were operating correctly, I purchased the E1190 - great, problem solved. However, last week I was again unable to get my partner's texts. Finally, an advisor at EE suggested that the problem may be with this phone blocking his number for texts. So - if this happens to you, go to Settings - Applications - Messages - Text messages - Block number and see if the number has been blocked accidentally AND check the whole list of 10 as on both phones the number blocked had been put at number 6 in the list even though 1-5 and 7-10 were empty. Hopefully this may help any of you out there who, like myself, know little about technology and did not even know there was a block number file!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat, 4 April 2014
Neat little phone, just what I wanted. No frills, no camera and no internet. No stupid screen which you have to swipe your fingers across - just press the keys to send a little text occasionally, and answer it when it rings. Only need it for emergencies as we have a phone at home and I have a phone at work and the walk between the two is about five minutes, so I only really need it for emergencies when driving, in case of breakdown or accident etc. Why is everyone obsessed with having to have instant access to the internet at all times?