4.0 out of 5 stars Weird, but it works!
So, a hairbrush with batteries that claims to release ions to de frizz and flatten your hair! A bit weird, a bit spooky, but it does actually seem to work. I have middleaged frizzy salt and pepper hair and it has made a difference, my hair seems to lie flatter for longer.

The brush itself has wide set apart bristles and an off switch in the handle. Its comfy to...
Published 13 months ago by J. S. Bundy

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasted my money
Totally waste of money to be honest. It is a normal brush with little steam that hardly makes difference to my hair. My hair is fussy but straight. I am v disappointed.
Published 8 months ago by Simsim

‹ Previous | 18 9 1013 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Snake oil shiny, 20 Nov 2013
Tan y ddraig (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To say that I was sceptical about this item's claim is an understatement, so I was not surprised to find that it is a complete load of tosh. In short it is a hairbrush with a little green light built in, that does nothing other than create an eerie green glow. As a hairbrush it fulfills its job but it does nothing more than that and it certainly doesn't justify the ridiculous cost.

Do yourself a favour and invest in some decent shampoo/conditioner and spend your money elsewhere!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hair Today..., 19 Nov 2013
L. A. Hardy (Newcastle Upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love gadgets, and I was intrigued by the sound of an ionising hairbrush - particularly as I have fine, flyaway hair with a mind of its own. Although sceptical that a hairbrush could sort it out when years of hair care products haven't, I couldn't resist giving it a try.

Supposedly the technical gubbins in the brush is supposed to make your hair follicles line up nicely so that your hair looks sleek and smooth. On occasion, it certainly seemed to work and my hair did seem less all over the place. But, at other times, it really didn't seem to do anything much at all.

Having said that, this is a really lovely hairbrush in its own right. The weight is good, and it brushes the hair well even if you don't turn on the rather superfluous but very pretty green light to make the tech stuff happen. It did take a little readjustment to get used to to make sure I wasn't covering up the little flap on the back when styling with it, but it's one of the best brushes I've had in years. If, every now and again, it happens to tame the frizzies as well, then I count that as an added bonus.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice hair brush but claims to smooth hair are extreme!, 8 Nov 2013
Sue H "Sunshine Suzzy" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a scientist with bad hair I was interested to try the Braun Satin 7 hair brush with `iontec' . The box claims that the brush gives you

significantly more shine as of the first brush stroke for healthy hair, and
exceptionally gentle brushing with out damaging the cuticule, and
effectively tames frizz and flying hair for tangible smoothness and
uniquely désigne ion jet instantly restores the shine of your hair........

It's a nice enough hair brush with a comfy handle and plastic bristles with rounded ends bedded into a flexible base. It comes with instrcutions on a piece of paper larger than A3 in English, German, Portugese, Dutch, French, Itailian, Norwegian, and many others.......The instructions show loading of 2 triple AAA batteries into the handle and how to remove the head for cleaning. When switched on the handle lights up green and a small paddles moves off the reverse side of the hair brush allowing the stream of ions to be released. One wonders why the ions don't come out of the handle directly onto the hair, or why one does not reverse the brush wave it around your head to spread the ions and then brush?

There's no real technical explanation for how it works on the box or in the leaflet. So I looked on the Braun web site and didn't really find much information there either. It says:

'The ion jet releases millions of active ions creating a halo around your hair. Active ions work very much like a conditioner. They instantly tame frizz and flying hair for touchable smoothness compared to brushes without active ions.'

So no real explanation there either then. I cant say I've noticed any difference after several weeks use, neither did another family member who thought they got a shock from it! So based on their claims of better hair after one brush I'd have to give the product no stars. Forget the ionic gimmick and the current price of £28 then it's a nice hair brush worthy of 4 stars. Over all a real disaapointment from Braun a company I usually associate with quality products.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really love it! It works as described, 4 Nov 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 7 BR170 Iontec Brush (Personal Care)
I really love it! It works as described. After a month of using it my hair are shiny and strong. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Shiney & silky hair, 16 Dec 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 7 BR170 Iontec Brush (Personal Care)
Love it - hair feels shiney & takes away any frizz or flyaway bits I believe my hair in better condition you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Made of Awesome at least for dogs, 25 Oct 2013
L. Day "Bookworm" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I realise this is going to sound like a crazy review so let's do the sensible human/person bit first. I have quite short but very staticky hair if I don't use conditioner. The brush does appear to cut the static and I was quite pleased it. Was I pleased enough to justify the £23+ price tag? Probably not to be honest and I'd have given it 3 stars and bought more conditioner, deeming it just another gadget.

However while I was testing it my little 19 week old Bichon puppy came to see what new toy I'd bought her. She has a long white, easy tangle coat, which needs brushing daily (Bichons don't shed they just knot) it's hard to get a brush through it. And this pup LOATHES being brushed with a passion. She seemed to like the smell and as I was just a bit 'meh' about the brush for myself ... I thought what do I have to lose? So I tried it on the dog. WOW! Seriously, it was genuinely amazing - she loved it. She let me brush her without trying to run away and it slid through her difficult coat with ease.

Would I pay £23+ to have an unhappy squirming puppy that has to be brushed every day - turn into a little angel? Damn right I would! Co-incidentally, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to do this (the print on the box is very small) but the ionic effect seems to leave the puppy's coat smelling fresh and clean as well - I've noticed this several times.

So in short - for people I'm undecided, for brush-hating dogs with difficult to care-for-coats I most sincerely highly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars "There are three types of lies -- lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli, 11 Nov 2013
Mr. T. Berriman "berriman_toby" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The advertising videos claim that this brush will glide through your hair, magically seperating the hairs to eliminate tugging, and leave you with gorgeous glossy hair that is completely frizz free, giving "instant shine and smoothness". This brush arrived the day of a party, so I was excited to be heading out with supermodel hair that would make my friends stare in awe. I was greatly disappointed when I turned the brush on that I did not see the flow of magic green particles descending upon my hair as shown in the videos, however I am green colourblind so that is probably why! However my psychic did say she could see an aura around me. But most upsetting was that I did not instantly look like Lily Cole. I stared at myself in the mirror with heartbroken disappointment. Was I using it wrong? Was I holding it wrong? Or worse, I thought: Is there something wrong with me? Maybe I have the wrong colour hair? The videos do all show beautiful auburn hair, so maybe my ash blonde is not compatible with the sparkly green ions.

We tried this on a number of other people with a variety of hair types and lengths for a couple of weeks. It made ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE compared to a normal brush, and to my limited scientific mind "active ions" sounds like a term that a marketing team have invented. Possibly shortly after inventing such great strides in technology as the tongue-scraper on toothbrushes and the ten-blade razor.

The brush itself is definitely a good quality brush, but honestly we failed to see any difference between this battery-powered brush and it's "cloud of active ions" and a normal decent brush - other than the price! Honestly, anything battery powered that costs this much should give a lot more satisfaction! The only use we found for this brush was electrocuting each other (we managed to get one shock to travel through three people!) which, while highly amusing, didn't exactly do much good for our hair.

Don't fall for the marketing, its just a brush. It's just a brush, people!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 31 Dec 2013
pepemia (scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 7 BR170 Iontec Brush (Personal Care)
I really hoped this would give me luscious , sleek hair like those women in adverts . However sadly it gave me frizz.
It is plastic , lightweight and you put a battery in to activate the iontec properties .

I have a iontec hair dryer which I feel works well so hoped this would be the same . My hair is fine - naturally curly - and this just made it a frizzy mess .
I also found if had used any hairspray previously in my hair it clogged up the brush . It also easily collected dust .
The brush on its own does not feel good quality and personally I would recommend just buying yourself a high quality paddle brush , as this isn't worth the money .

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 16 Nov 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 7 BR170 Iontec Brush (Personal Care)
Seemed to smooth the frizz a little, but not enough. Not very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars smooth touch, 4 Dec 2013
badger (london) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I first wasn't sure what to expect from this brush. It looks like a quality conventional brush, well built with good grip, and additionally, there is this ionic feature. It does create an additional polishing feel in the hair. I am not sure exactly how it works, but it seems to be able to guide and fold hairs with this ionic field and the results are fairly impressive. It may be subtle at times and more visible at other times. I think it also depends on how much product is used in the hair.

‹ Previous | 18 9 1013 | Next ›