4.0 out of 5 stars At first I wasn't sure...
I have to admit that at first I really wasn't sure about this hairbrush and it's 'scientific' promises. However, I'm now pretty sure that it's very good for my hair. After brushing, my hair does feel very, very smooth and looks incredibly shiny. I'm trying to be as objective as I can - sometimes it's a case of 'the emperor's new clothes' but I think it this brush treat...
Published 9 months ago by Asphodelia

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work
I have coarse, slightly frizzy hair worn in a bob a couple of inches below my chin. I brushed one side with the Braun brush and the other side with a normal brush. Both sides were flattened and smoothed by brushing. There was no visible difference between either side. After a minute, both sides of my hair pinged back out into their normal pre-brushing shape. So no lasting...
Published 4 months ago by DebraT

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for sufferers of static hair, 31 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wasn't really sure what the point of all this IonTec stuff was when I got this - I thought this was just kind of an expensive hairbrush. It has batteries, which surprised me, and it lights up in a bright green when switched on.

This says it gives your hair more shine, and it might but I can't really tell as my hair is reasonably shiny anyway. What I was REALLY impressed with though is how it just kills any static issues!! I do have hair that is quite prone to static problems after blow drying or straightening, and with one stroke of this brush that static just disappeared which is amazing!! I can't recommend this enough for fellow fine hair static sufferers!

I did find the bristles a little hard on my scalp, but I can deal with that I guess. It certainly got the knots out anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars The appliance of science, 30 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ions. They're everywhere these days. In my hair dryer, in my straightening irons, and now in my brand new glow-in-the-dark BATTERY-OPERATED hairbrush. (Two AAAs. Included with the product, I'm happy to say.) What's an ion? I've got no idea. But I've always been cursed with that 'snap crackle' feeling of flyaway hair... and this stupidly-priced battery-powered glow-worm of a brush is the only one that's ever stopped it. So, yes, it's expensive and, no, I'm not hugely convinced by the promise of extra shine, but if you, too, have hair prone to levitate towards the ceiling, then THIS BRUSH IS FOR YOU.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good brush., 27 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not sure how effective this is but it seems to help control my hair better than my "normal" brushes. It looks good quality but I've only had it for two days, will update this review if my opinion changes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a Gimmick or..., 27 Oct 2013
L. Newman "l_m_n" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow, the most exciting thing about this brush is the green light on the handle! I've used this a few times now and I think it has some positive effect on my hair after blow drying. I do tend to get static in my naturally wavy hair. The brush is supplied with two Duracell AAA batteries, this makes a pleasant change. I'm still not convinced I would pay the full selling price, but I do enjoy a gadget ;)

3.0 out of 5 stars not totally convinced., 22 Oct 2013
Adam Smith (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The ionizer certainly works and appears quite powerful. Bring the ioniser on the back of the brush into contact with an ear or a finger and you will certainly feel a buzz, which I am sure is completely harmless. You are cautioned not to do that by the way. My wife tested this on her long black, asian hair. She claimed not to see a difference, but I would say hat the hair did seem to have more body. My wife is not as young as she once was, and her hair on top is a little frizzy. I have got to say I could not see any marked difference through the use of this brush on the frizzy bit. Advantages over a good bristle brush? I suspect they are few, and you will have to keep this one in batteries for the rest of its life however long that is. I fear I am not totally convinced this has an advantage over traditional methods of hair brushing.

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 7 BR170 Iontec Brush (Personal Care)
As a child I had beautiful hair, long, blonde and silky although not really thick. As a late teen I chopped it off in the name of fashion and have pretty much regretted it ever since, my hair has never been the same. :o(
After having my children, with all that takes out of the body, it just got worse and then developing type one diabetes out of the blue, it's become the kind of hair that defies all attempts at smoothing without 220 degrees of GHD sweatshop torture and left to dry naturally resembles the texture of a brillo pad!

Whilst browsing the lightning deal page, I saw this and thought "hmmm...yeah the idea kind of makes sense and given my propensity for getting shocks off just about anything (I have literally sparked closing the car door!), it could be the answer to my prayers....so I ordered one.

It's actually a bit smaller than I thought it would be, the brush head (bristle spread) is approx 9cm long by 6.5 cm wide at the widest points with a slight tapering at the end as visible in the pics. The handle is quite "fat" as it is also the battery chamber. It is also a rigid plastic that in my opinion would benefit from a slightly rubberised coating in places as you do notice the seams in the plastic and although a very minor niggle for me, may really irritate others.

Now, I tend to keep my hair at shoulder length because it's just too wispy to look good any longer than that - not that is often looks good anyway mind you. My hair seems to have developed a natural kink to it and has gone very dry, fragile and easily breaks but can get greasy at the roots. If I leave it to dry naturally ...well Catweasel springs to mind ... and if I'm going anywhere, I absolutely have to use straighteners to tame it which obviously only exacerbates the problem as time goes on.

When I received this hairbrush, I approached it as an experiment and not expecting much in the way of results and I have to say..."well flippin eck, it seems to do some good!" Several strokes through and my hair is starting to lay flatter to my head and is feeling softer (I'm in shock but carry on anyway) by the time I'd spent a few minutes brushing through the rest, I'm seeing an obvious difference than brushing with my normal hair brush which I will mention at this point is a "Goody" anti static brush that cost close to 10 from memory...so you see where this is heading. At this point I started to second guess myself, thinking "you're seeing that it's doing good because you want it to because it cost quite a bit" So when my mum and niece arrived later that day I asked them to give is a go. My mum has long hair of similar texture to mine but not as bad and a lot thicker, it is pretty much grey all the way through now...a few strokes through the ends had them lying smooth and soft against her coat. My niece, who frequently changes her hair colour within the "goth/rock enthusiast" spectrum - it's currently a fairly vivid blue, gave it a whirl also... it had a positive response from her and she has put in a christmas request with her gran!

So...for me and mine it works...it's not some kind of miracle cure but it tames hair in a noticeable way. I paid 13.99 for this on a lightning deal, it takes 2xAA batteries and come with those supplied in the box - Duracell too so not just cheapy ones. As I said earlier, my regular hairbrush cost close to 10 with very little taming achieved so at this price and with these results I give the product 5*, the minus 1* is simply due to the fact that this was on a lightning deal and the regular price would put me off and 5* has to be pretty special or where else can you go after that for the ultimate rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, effective and a little bit space age, 21 Nov 2013
The Penguin "JH" (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really can't say why this works, it's a good quality brush, with a very welcome removable head for cleaning, which has a de-ioniser in the head.
You turn it on (after putting in the batteries - not included) - and you hear a faint static crackle as the hair is brushed, the resulting removal of static frizz does appear to make the hair glossier and better styled.
A very functional device.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced for fine fly away hair maybe for thicker hair, 31 Oct 2013
B. Innes "Mtoto" (London) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Amazingly fine fly away hair like mine longs for the magic hair brush to stop all that static an knotting.

Sadly this was not it.

It's a nice brush and you can take out the bristle pad to wash it.

I like the little poppy noises when you turn it on and brush your hair and the green glowy light. Makes you think something is happening. For me I couldn't notice a difference

However my daughter - very long straight thicker hair thought it made a real difference on her hair. In fact the brush has magically transported itself to her room. Perhaps it is a magic brush after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's hard to be excited about a hair brush isn't ..., 15 July 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 7 BR170 Iontec Brush (Personal Care)
It's hard to be excited about a hair brush isn't it? Well, not anymore! This brush really does do what it claims. Combined with Braun's HD730 Iontec dryer, you really can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 5 Dec 2013
Christian (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you set aside thoughts on whether the hairbrush does send ions to make your hair look shiny and well brushed, it does seem to work. Have brushed several peoples hair and it does seem to do what it claims. Hair looks shinier and holds it's shape when brushed. If you're happy to spend the money, give it a try

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›