4.0 out of 5 stars Weird, but it works!
So, a hairbrush with batteries that claims to release ions to de frizz and flatten your hair! A bit weird, a bit spooky, but it does actually seem to work. I have middleaged frizzy salt and pepper hair and it has made a difference, my hair seems to lie flatter for longer.

Published 5 months ago by J. S. Bundy

3.0 out of 5 stars Batteries in a brush?!
Ok I was a bit skeptical about the brush but I thought I'd give it a go. This will help remove static in your hair but I've never suffered from too much static so for me it's a lovely sturdy brush but I couldn't really tell if it improved the shine of my hair. Buy if you suffer from static hair.
Published 4 months ago by Jessie

4.0 out of 5 stars Weird, but it works!, 14 Nov 2013
J. S. Bundy (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The brush itself has wide set apart bristles and an off switch in the handle. Its comfy to use and looks like a standard brush.

My only complaint that it is, I feel a bit pricey for what appears to be plastic hair brush.

4.0 out of 5 stars At first I wasn't sure..., 13 Nov 2013
Asphodelia (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to admit that at first I really wasn't sure about this hairbrush and it's 'scientific' promises. However, I'm now pretty sure that it's very good for my hair. After brushing, my hair does feel very, very smooth and looks incredibly shiny. I'm trying to be as objective as I can - sometimes it's a case of 'the emperor's new clothes' but I think it this brush treat your hair really nicely.

Would I pay full price for it? That's another story. But if you're one of those people who like to invest in their hair, it might be worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for any hair type, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 7 BR170 Iontec Brush (Personal Care)
My Japanese sister recommended to me after she using this brush. Her hair never ever manageable before. Shining amazingly for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 7 BR170 Iontec Brush (Personal Care)
I have very thick hair which has a slight wave. The brush does smooth my hair very well although I wouldn't suggest it's a miracle cure for frizzy hair! People have commented how good my hair looks after I have used it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 7 BR170 Iontec Brush (Personal Care)
A brush that does what promises! Portable and effective! Highly recommended to anyone who wants to improve style after drying and after rain.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 5 Dec 2013
Christian (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you set aside thoughts on whether the hairbrush does send ions to make your hair look shiny and well brushed, it does seem to work. Have brushed several peoples hair and it does seem to do what it claims. Hair looks shinier and holds it's shape when brushed. If you're happy to spend the money, give it a try

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice brush if you believe the science, 28 Oct 2013
Paul B "-pb-" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So, here's the thing. We got this Iontec brush on Saturday and have tested it out on my wife's hair and my daughter's hair.

The brush has a big on/off switch and an eerie green glow around it, but is otherwise like any other brush. Braun claim this 'Iontec' technology will make hair more manageable and noticeably better.

Both had just washed their hair the first time and both did look as if their hair was noticeably shinier after using the brush. When they tried it from dry the results were very hard to spot over a regular brush. I also tried it myself on dry hair.

But...the brush itself is pretty good and goes through hair a lot easier than some of the brushes I've used, so it does have that in its favour. There's also a little button which depresses the plastic part of the head so you can wash it.

Braun are not the only ones to use Ions to supposedly make hair look better. There are already plenty of hair dryers on the market that use the same feature. This is important in understanding how Ions could possibly work. The Ion would have an affect on the condition of the water, making drying better and less damaging for the hair.

There is some slightly science-based evidence that Ions can help hair by changing the strands from positive Ions to negative, as well. If your hair is made up of all positive Ion charges then theoretically, it should repel other strands. Brushing with an Iontech brush possibly could take those wayward strands and help stop them from flying away.

Whether this works in the case of the Braun brush or not, I don't know. It did help with shine and it was easy to comb through my daughter's normally knotty hair, so I'm quite pleased with the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 7 BR170 Iontec Brush (Personal Care)
saw this advertised in a magazine thought i would try, it is great really gives a good shine on hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Satin Hair brush, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 7 BR170 Iontec Brush (Personal Care)
this does just what it says it will do. It has rescued several bad hair days with just a few strokes of the brush

3.0 out of 5 stars Batteries in a brush?!, 5 Dec 2013