5.0 out of 5 stars Postman Pat DVDs
Our 2 year old boy loves this series. It's nice to see that the makers haven't changed the animation from the original series when I was a lad!
Published on 3 May 2012 by Mr. R. Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing.
Not nearly as good as the early Postman Pat videos. Really feel that the simple stories were better for little ones.
Published 5 months ago by Mrs C L Bell

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing., 13 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Postman Pat DVDs, 3 May 2012
Mr. R. Black - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 14 Mar 2014
P. Cheetham (Lancs, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Postman Pat SDS Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
The complete last series of Postman Pat (all 26 episodes plus 4 from the previous series). Our 20 month old boy loves it, and its a pitty they haven't done more of them.
It comes on 6 DVD's in a boxed set in 5 cases. The episodes are not in order, but jumbled up across the discs - not that it really matters, as they are all independent stories.
I have to say I wish I lived in Pats delivery area - with all the equipment he has (helicopter, motorbike, 4 wheel drive etc.) he always manages to get things delivered, and there's no junk mail in sight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pat, updated and as good as ever, 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: Postman Pat SDS Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Great stuff! My two kids are both gripped by this. Watching with them I can't help getting immersed in it myself. It looks like Pat has come a long way since I first saw this as a child years ago. Indeed he appears now able to rival UPS and Amtrak, well in Greendale at least. The characters are as likeable as ever and the animation is great. Very please with this purchase and the price was good for hours of entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars modern Postman Pat, 20 Jun 2012
This review is from: Postman Pat SDS Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Postman Pat has gone modern. he works from a depo, flys,drives a van and moter bike with sidecar. My 2 year old granddaughter loves these DVD. Jess is still with him and many of the old charaters are still there. Good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Postman Pat SDS Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
My son loves the box set, it keeps him happy in the car when we a go on long journeys.
He is really please that one of the DVDs has guess with jess on it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Postman Pat delivers again!, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Postman Pat SDS Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Yes, everything has changed and Pat has been modernised. He's now got a mobile phone, a helicopter, a motorbike and a sorting office, and he's no longer carrying the Royal Mail emblem - but the heart of the program is still there.

The storylines are easy to follow - our (just) 2 year old can tell us what's happening in each episode - and the characters are lovely too. Pat is a little (lot) inept, but he eventually saves the day in each episode. Perhaps that's why the Royal Mail let him go?

The characters are instantly recognisable from the 80s.

The songs in the episodes (as well as the theme tune itself) are brilliant and will have you singing them in the most unfortunate of places.

Easily still one of the best children's shows around. Don't bother with the Night Garden or the dreadful Zingzillas - Pat delivers on every level.

5.0 out of 5 stars SDS loved by my 3 year old, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Postman Pat SDS Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Full set of the series. My 3 year old absolutely loves it. Quick delivery.
He prefers this series to the original because of the helicopter and motorbike. Jesus always makes him laugh too.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves these dvds - worth every penny, 1 Jan 2014
Poppy Girl (New Zealand & UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Postman Pat SDS Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
My son cannot get enough of Postman Pat and I have to say I quite enjoy Pat and find myself watching new episodes all the way through. The theme tune is a popular song in our house and I do like the positive themes that the series conveys. I wish there were more of this "3D model" animation rather than the wishy washy asian animations available on mainstream tv. It's a shame Fireman Sam has gone down the cheaper animated route as they don't seem to hold my son's attention in the same way as Pat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Postman Pat gone modern, 19 Aug 2014
Caroline (Eastbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Postman Pat SDS Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
My 1 year old really enjoys this dvd, & keeps her entertained. My only criticism is that it's all SDS (special delivery service) episodes which all have pretty much the same story line. It's still a great children's programme but it's lost the charm of the original Postman Pat. I bought the original series alongside this which is more varied in it's story lines & generally more charming / fun to watch. If you're a fan of the original like me I would advise to buy the original series :-)

Postman Pat SDS Complete Collection [DVD]