on 17 July 2014
As a waiter I carry a corkscrew with me all the time. This one is of very high quality and gets used often. The blade on the side is particularly useful for opening boxes/packets quickly whilst on shift without the need of running around trying to find scissors. Have not had any trouble with it at all - delivery was fast and earlier than expected as well!
on 1 July 2014
You can pay loads of money for fancy corkscrews but this old design works a treat, even with tough corks. The screw is the important bit and that needs to be sufficiently wide and strong a) not to pull out of a dry cork and b) not to stretch in a tough one. This one meets both requirements.
on 22 January 2014
I bought this for working as a part-time cater waiter. My last one broke pretty quickly and I really needed this for a shift. It arrived really quickly and I have used many times and it is still working great. Really glad I bought it :)
on 30 August 2014
I bought this and used it when I worked at a bar and restaurant for a year, very lightweight, fits well in the hand and isn't too bulky in the pocket during 12 hour shifts. Not as good as a waiters friend with the hinged attachment, but I'm not going to complain for the price. Would recommend.
on 11 August 2014
This is a dreadful corkscrew. The screw is curved to fit the line of the handle so it doesn't go in right. (It isn't like the photo.) The handle is uncomfortable and nothing feels secure as you try to use it. I have so far failed to remove a cork with this corkscrew.
on 19 August 2015
Really good quality. Use for work to open many bottles. Knife is very sharp so cuts well and neatly. Only downside is its a bit stiff but I'm sure it will loosen up. Just mind your fingers putting the blade back!
on 28 November 2015
A bit stiff to start with but that's a good sign its going to last.
Bloody good for the money, would recommend it to any bar staff.
- Dan
on 21 February 2013
Works well and as described. Not the best but at a great price. Would buy these again as they are as good, or better, as any others at the price.
on 12 October 2013
Lost my Waiters Friend in a recent house move and so it was a must to replace it. Delivery was quick and the item was as expected
on 3 December 2014
The tool is generally well-made considering the price, but the blade is completely blunt. The corkscrew is also a bit too large.