on 6 October 2011
I purchased this as a replacement for an iPod charger I've been borrowing. The concept is brilliant; there is no need to leave a charger plugged in e.g. all night for a 3 hour charge, and the OSUN promises to cut off all power when a device stops drawing charging current. Problem is that my iPod seems to have a stop/start approach to charging, meaning that the OSUN shuts off long before a decent charge has been accumulated. I've not yet tried it with other products, like phones or a FreeLoader, but I'd say, for now and for iPods, this isn't going to cut the mustard. It needs a far longer delay between zero-draw on the USB and shutting off, unless it learns I suppose, which I can't see it doing. There were only minimal instructions included as well, so if it has a learning feature, that should be in the manual.

Also, it was kind of hard to push the button to turn it back on, it seemed to need wiggling around before the contacts made.
on 8 March 2013
I had read some very mixed reviews about this plug and although I wanted to try it, I found the risk was too high at a cost of £49.99. However, I found the same plug for £19.99 elsewhere, and decided to buy it. At first it didn't seem to work and I was very disappointed. It was not possible to switch the plug on by pressing the green 'mushroom' bit, as the plugged in gadget started charging as soon as the Osun plug was plugged into the socket. It did not switch off once the plugged in gadget was fully charged, either. However, I wanted to be absolutely sure it didn't work before I complained to the seller, so I kept using it a few times with my iPhone (which thanks to a bug in the software update needed charging every day), and suddenly it started working. I don't know why it didn't work initially or why it suddenly started working, but now it works like a charm and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I plug in a gadget and nothing happens until I press the green 'mushroom' bit, then the plugged in gadget charges until it is fully charged, and the plug disconnects the electric charge. Genius. Imagine the benefit to the environment if every USB operated gadget in the country was charged with this brilliant little plug!
on 25 January 2012
As a man that leves phones on charge over night this is just perfect for me, i love the look and design and if it is saving me money well thats a win!
on 16 October 2011
very good bit of kit, does what it says on the tin.
why 4 stars, don't think that you will charge an ipad on this, not enough juice
but ipod, iphone, kindle its fab!!
on 15 December 2014