Size: 6 Pack|Change

on 27 December 2012
I have used Duracell batteries for 3 decades because they never leaked and were guaranteed not to do so. However in the last 18 Months I have had Duracell batteries leak in a clock, a toy train and most recently a Wii controller. The Wii batteries where marked as good until 2018 and had only been in the controller for 6 months.

After researching this I have found many people have had Duracell batteries leak. After contacting Duracell I have also learned that they no longer guarantee their batteries against leaking.

Very disappointing given that Duracell have managed to consistently make batteries that don't leak for all these years.
66 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 August 2012
SO far I have had them leak in 2 - 6D maglites ruining them. Batteries stuck and never come out. Also ruined a AAA and an AA maglite. Love Maglite torches but don't use Duracell they leak - check the web common fault.
66 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2015
Classic good batteries, with children it seems you have to become a battery snob and these haven't failed to impress as usual. I was torn betweek disposable and rechargeable but stuck with disposable for the bigger batteries this time as they give better power and these are rocking the babies mobile after their predecessors lasted 2 years. Hopefully these can last as long on the 2nd child
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 June 2016
Bought to power my Roberts radio, these are excellent value and should last a year or two. They seem to go on forever, even with regular use of the radio. This pack is dated to use by 2025, so no hurry! Recommended.
on 20 July 2015
I have used Duracell batteries for well over 30 years. They are the best and last very long in storage also. Also I've never had any leak from them. Yes they are a bit more expensive, but you are paying for quality batteries.
on 19 December 2013
My old radio powered by these D batteries, had them in the radio since last December.
The radio on nearly every day, I think I 've have had my monies worth.
on 3 October 2015
The only guarantee you get with Duracell batteries, is that they WILL leak and destroy your equipment.
Duracell batteries are complete rubbish and not a shadow of what they used to be. If you want quality batteries and not have to replace your equipment, buy Panasonic batteries and give Duracells a very wide berth!
on 23 March 2016
Where do I begin, ah yes, they are made by Duracell, and they are size D....

OK, that's all I have. They are batteries. They go into toys and other items and provide power. Currently our batteries are placed inside a baby bouncer, and they are providing a soothing vibration to the whole chair. Keeping baby very quite and chilled!

I will update the review is something goes wrong with the batteries, but I highly doubt that anything will....
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 January 2016
These arrived with a five year expiry date; they are not as good as Duracell Procell/Industrial batteries.

Duracell Plus Power is more long lasting compared to Duracell Simply. These multi-purpose batteries are ideal for reliably powering everyday devices.

Duracell's Duralock Power preserves technology for up to 10 years in storage. Bare in mind however they are no longer guaranteed not to leak as were Duracell's of old.
on 11 January 2014
I brought it for my baby's rocking chair and the first one lasted for more than a month even sometimes we forgot the chair on during the night, and lots of times daytime, too when she wasn't in the chair. I don't know, f the chair uses just so little energy, or the battery is so good, but i wouldn't expect anything less from Duracell. Well done Duracell, ones again.