on 19 August 2015
I got hooked on caramel lattes with Monin syrup from Costa and started making them at home. But then I realised how calorific it was and tried the sugar free syrup. In my opinion there is no difference in the taste. You wouldn't know you were drinking. Sugar free version, it's still delicious and a naughty treat without the calories. I have started using it in milkshakes as well for my daughter who has a sweet tooth, and I can now indulge her and not worry about all that sugar.
on 26 October 2015
Like the other monin sugar free sryups I'm delighted to say this is slimming world friendly! These are literally a god send to me as I have an incredibly sweet tooth! I use these to flavor my porridge/ricepudding/coffee/cake ect and they work great. No chemical taste or 'oil slick' feeling in your mouth which you can sometimes get with the other sugar free brands.
Caramel is by far my favorite, rich and really sweet, so good you won't need to add any sugar to your coffee.
Hazelnut is nice, it's just very nutty and not overly sweet. I guess I was hoping it would taste like Nutella... sadly it doesn't. It's still really yummy though, I just reserve it for coffee only.
All in all its a must try for any dieter or health enthusiast trying to curb the sweet cravings!
on 6 February 2013
scrumptious! seems like an expensive outlay, but lasts for ever, and is strong on the caramel, doesn't have the slight sacchrin flavour of others i've tried. free delivery for this seller too; some of the others charge a fortune, as they are heavy bottles; good also for porridge or with greek yoghurt
on 21 January 2016
I drink a lot of coffee and purchased the DeLonghi ECAM44.660.B Eletta Bean to Cup Coffee Machine, 1450 W - a great machine !! Anyway, I bought that machine to reduce my spend on coffee in coffee houses when I was working out and about all day and its paid for itself now, but I did miss the flavourings.... NOT ANY MORE !!!

I make my coffee in the morning either instant or from the machine, adding about 2, sometimes 3, teaspoons of this per mug depending on how I'm feeling and its amazing! I suppose you could add more but then I find it too strong, so this bottle should last me ages....which makes the price very reasonable in my eyes.

Its not a sweet taste like two tea spoonfuls of sugar, its a sweet warm deeper flavour which I prefer to sugar. I find it more filling and comforting. In coffee shops I had the 'full sugar' version then didn't add more sugar but with this 'sugar free' version I don't need to add sugar either !! This was a bonus I didn't expect. I don't like sweeteners but this doesn't taste like sweeteners or like chemicals to me. I would find it hard to tell the sugar free and full sugar versions apart. So I am proud to say I've reduced my sugar intake YIPEE !! I used to have a chocolate bar with my coffee, or a cake in the coffee shop, but with this flavour I just don't need the extras. It satisfies my caffeine need and sweet tooth plus it stays hot from 7am until about 2pm in the Thermos Stainless King Travel Tumbler (470 ml version holds a good mug and a half). Its great for when you are out and about with work.

I will be buying more SUGAR FREE Monin flavours now. Its nice in milk (hot or cold) and I like it in black coffee. I suppose you could add it to porridge other things which I may well try.

It did arrive in a plastic bottle and for some reason I had expected glass but this makes it a bit lighter to lift and pour - or get the squirt pusher like the other recommendation!

Now with the reduced sugar, cakes and chocolate the weight should be falling off - any second !! lol
on 22 July 2012
My four year old son has Type 1 diabetes so flavoured milkshakes were something we avoided until I found these syrups.
His favourites are vanilla and caramel, but my daughter also loves the hazlenut version.
Having these means he can have a milkshake which is only 8g of carbs but still tastes great.
A little goes a long way and these are big bottles, you will have them for ages!
on 29 May 2014
We buy this on Amazon subscribe and save ... having a monthly delivery. It's sugar free and low calorie ... and lasts for ages as you only need a tiny amount. It's great in coffee, hot milk or milk shakes.
on 15 March 2015
Good value for money and the design of the bottle is nice. It's consistent with other monin syrups and looks great. The bottle is good quality and it's easy to use.

It's almost as good as the sugar version although my other half disagrees with this. I like it and think it's well worth the trade off in taste for the lack of sugar.

Everyone's tastes are different, as seen by my and my partners differing opinions on this syrup, but I recommend you give it a go because if you do get on with it, it makes a delicious coffee alot healthier.

It is a really strong caramel flavor just like the standard monin syrup.

Not bad at all in my opinion given how many calories you are saving and how much healthier it is.

Give it a go. If you don't like it, save it for baking or cooking with. I sometimes use mine to make a great deep fried caramel chicken which is divine.
on 13 June 2016
Tasty and sugar free! I love having a caramel latte when at my favourite coffee shop but am well aware its full of sugar. Ok for an occasional treat but this I can have everyday in my coffee and then have no need to add sugar or sweetener to it.
I've purchased the Monin pump for this bottle separately (make sure you buy the one for the 1lt PET (plastic) bottle) and it makes it easier to add the portion you desire.
This Caramel syrup adds lovely flavour to coffee, plain yoghurt and porridge, without adding all the calories. Its a win win situation!
on 8 January 2016
Tasty quality product, you wouldn't know it was sugar free so you feel like you're having a real treat
I took the advise on a previous review and bought the pump too
Would have had given 5 stars if it wasn't quite as expensive
on 12 April 2013
Tastes great. Not a bad aftertaste (like some sugar-free syrups). Will definitely be buying more of the Monin sugar-free range.

BE WARNED: I've just reordered this product and it was sent in a different style of bottle. This means that my (expensive) Monin syrup pump no longer screws onto the bottle. The bottles which (should) fit have a red fixture at the neck of the bottle.