5.0 out of 5 stars good product
This does what it says it will , i have my sat box in a cupboard in an other room.
the only flaw I've found is that if you turn the sat box you have to turn it back on manually, which is a bit of a pain.
Published 19 months ago by David H

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful
This device appears to be a very good idea, but do be careful as there appear to be problems with some TV's and peripherals. The device uses the provision on HDMI cables set aside for CEC (customer electronic control). This system allows the remote for one of the devices in the system to control other devices connected to the HDMI inputs. If CEC is in use, or simply...
Published 6 months ago by J. Edgecock

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Cablesson - IR Injector - IR over HDMI Remote Control Extender Kit (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars truly plug and play, 11 Oct 2012
This item did exactly what I hoped it would and was truly plug and play.

I bought it to use with a Sky+HD box connected via a splitter and 15m HDMI cable to a second TV in another room. Both the tx and rx parts were 'downstream' of the splitter (ie the tx part was plugged between splitter and 15m HDMI cable, then the rx part between 15m HDMI cable and 2nd TV input as you might expect).

The instructions were clear and it worked first time with no messing about - very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what it does, 27 Oct 2012
D. Patel (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I wanted to control devices from my bedroom that were in my living room. I already had the HDMI cable in there for the video and used a Pyramid RF IR extender. This did work quite well although it did miss key presses due to interference I'd imagine. The pyramids used to light up when people used to switch their car alarms on/off etc.

My setup is quite unique. Rather than buying a single Matrix switch I have a regular 5 input 1 output switch plugged into a 4 output Matrix switch.

I got this connected up and it works perfectly over a 10m HDMI cable that's joined to another 2m cable with a coupler.

Be warned though this doesn't work through a Matrix switch. You have to position the injectors only over the length of the cable that goes into the other room. The Matrix switch strips the IR information.

There is a slight issue with the design too. Because the IR receiver cable is positioned on one side it can get in the way if you're using Matrix switches or AV Recievers which have very tightly packed connections that are all at the same level. For me this wasn't an issue as I connected it to the far side so the cable could stick out. The alternative would be to buy a short HDMI male to female lead so it won't get in the way.

Overall very impressed and happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 19 Feb 2013
I got 2 TV's connected to the same STB and the problem was that I had to go in the room to change the channel while in the kitchen. This product solve the problem and you can trust me when I say that I do not experienced any interference at all. Immagine you got a connection like mine, STB -> 0.5m HDMI lead -> HDMI Splitter -> IR Injector TX -> 20m HDMI lead -> IR Injector RX -> TV. Well this is what I got and the distance and all this connection does not affect the HD video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 29 Feb 2012
Very easy to connect and works perfectly. I have my HDTV box in a cupboard. The remote signal is picked up really well (no need for direct line of sight between remote and receiver) and transmits well into the cupboard. Highly recommended.

Very quick delivery too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect remote extender, 4 Jun 2012
I bought this as a replacement to another brand of IR extender which used batteries and radio signal to transmit the IR signal. This product is much simpler. Plug it in on each end of an HDMI cable and off you go. No batteries required. The only thing to set up is where you put the sensor and repeater. I use mine to control an number of devices which are hidden away in a cupboard. It works for my Blu-ray player, Freesat, Freeview and PS3. I can only recomend this for anyone wishing to have thier remote controled devices out of sight. The sensor is tiny and can be discretely stuck somewhere around the TV. This is a much neater alternative to some of the bulkier IR senders which consist of two large units to send and recieve the remote signal. You can't go wrong with this. As far as I can tell the picture quality isn't affected at all with this plugged into the HDMI cable.

It even has a setting to allow use on an HDMI cable where TV and DVD etc are the same brand and allow one remote to control both units. I've set mine up on a cable between two units which are different brands to avoid any incompatabilities. I'd also recomend using a good quality HDMI cable. This may be the reason some users have found the IR over HDMI injector has not worked. I have found it to be faultless since I bought it 5 months ago. I couldn't be happier with it....well at least until some newer tech comes out. But for now I'd say buy it!

One additional point to note is the part that plugs into the end of the HDMI cable has a cable for the sensor/sender which plugs into the side (see the pictures on the item description). For my set-up this did get in the way of another cable. I used a 90 degree HDMI elbow connector (cheap on Amazom) to get around this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, 20 Jan 2012
Installed these on either end of an hdmi cable between my wall mounted tv and sky hd box located in a cupboard, very neat and works great !

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 25 April 2013
Fast delivery and a great product. I ran 2 HDMI cables to distribute Sky HD to the other bedrooms and was looking for a way to remotely control the sky box - could have ran a coax and used the sky magic eye or a set of Powermids that I already had. None of those options would have been as neat as this product. It's a simple matter of connecting them at either end of each HDMI cable. Sweet

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 6 Feb 2013
Works exactly as expected. Only one thing: both HDMI units were marked with 'RX', but it worked fine over a 10m HDMI cable. It didn't like being on the other side of an HDMI splitter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever Piece of Kit, 17 Dec 2012
With HDMI leads falling in price this piece of kit achieves what the 'magic eye' used to achieve but with a HDMI really impressed HD Central who delivered really quick.
I can clarify they can be broken but Customer services sorted my problem caused by me being a clumsy oaf.