Price:£32.00+ £1.26 shipping

on 16 October 2012
It is really good to see this DVD release of Chucklevision from 1987, You won't have seen this on TV recently (well not for over 20 Years) Don't build your hopes up of this being as Chucklevision is today as it is filmed as a Saturday morning breakfast show with Armchair Theatre which thankfully was dropped from series three. These episodes follow a different theme each time. I like the Do It Yourself episode best as it has a lot of slapstick humour. It is worth buying to see what Chucklevision was originally like before it moved away from a educational based studio show but you may find yourself fast forwarding past the non chuckle material such as Armchair Theatre

Series Two is about to be released as well so lets keep these DVD's coming and the best way to do that is to keep buying them!
on 2 November 2011
This is a fantastic boxset. Containing 13 episodes, each based around a different theme, it features the Chuckles trying to do their own 'educational' programme by addressing the viewers at home. It is very different to the format we know and love today, but I still think it is good. Particular personal favorite episodes of mine are Breakfast Telly (the first ever episode), Fitness and Travel (both of which contain some great gags). Other aspects of this series include Billy Butler's Armchair Theatre and magician Simon Lovell. Butler's monologues are not very funny, but the way he tells them is entertaining enough, and Simon Lovell is very funny in a deadpan way and his tricks are very good. Overall, buy if you want to see the Chuckles doing something a little different but that is still just as funny as we know it to be.
on 26 July 2015
I am a huge fan of Chucklevision but at the age of 31, I am still waiting for a complete collection to be release. I only bought this to accompany my Series 2 Boxset. I don't know whether Series 3-21 will ever get released now or never. I honestly think Chucklevision should've been released on DVD in 2000 onwards when it was still going on TV at the time. However since the series hasn't been repeated on the CBBC Channel for less then 4 years now, the occassional shows do pop up on YouTube (sometimes in 2 ten minute videos or as a whole show as it offically was shown but the picture/sound quality may vary).
on 17 February 2014
I don't have this yet but it cured my herpes
Thats how amazing this DVD is
five whole stars I give
on 25 June 2015
I've been watching the Chuckle Brothers since I was a kid and then I have taken my own children to watch them at the theatre as well as DVD and TV! A wonderful career that has brought much happiness and great memories! Thank you!
on 7 January 2012
When I found this set on Amazon I read the reviews to see what was what. Being 15 I only ever saw series that where broadcast and repeated from the current format, not the original, which I never new it existed let alone saw an episode. I watched a few clips from this series of Youtube and after reading these reviews I decided it would still be worth a look. It arrived yesterday and I stook it on. It think the Chucklebrothers actual screen time is faultless as with the majority of the series of Chucklevision that followed, but the scenes with Billy Butlers armchair just seemed like a story being told on the Cbeebies bedtime hour for very young children. Oh yes, I had been warned, but ive decided to trade this in a Cex as Im just not that interested in this format. Dont get me wrong Im still an avid fan having grown up with the pair so when Series 3 is released next year ill be getting a copy staight away as I love the series with the more well known format. It is still worthy of 4 stars as I is still a good set and others will treasure it im sure but I would rather wait for the material that I know and love.
on 3 June 2015
This is a favourite in my household since the kids watched it years ago, think husband likes it more than kids
on 11 August 2015
my son loves chuckle brothers,great value for the cost.
on 26 October 2011
Having preordered It I was pleased to see it arrive on the day of release. The box set is standard to most others, with a nice cardboard pouch and 4 slim dvd cases. You get 4 dvds inside and they each have a theme; Sport, Travel, Halloween and Christmas and each disc has 3 episodes apart from Sport which has 4 episodes.

The episodes themselves are all very funny and classic chucklevision humour, the only disappointment with the episodes is that during each one there is a section called Billy Butler's Armchair Theatre which I had to fast forward as it's really boring and obviously just inserted to make up time. These Armchair Theatre moments aren't particuarly relevant to the episode and go on for a good few minutes, which somewhat tarnishes the otherwise good quality of the episodes.

My only other critism of this boxset is that it's on 4 disc's when in truth it could have probably been put onto 2 discs, but this doesn't matter too much and if your a Chucklevision fan you'll probably but it anyway.
on 16 January 2015
My fiance was really please with these