on 19 December 2011
I purchased this item from this seller and found the quality to be sub standard it is plastic and not leather also does not hold iPad when standing it just collapses .If seller contacts you to remove comment with a promise of an other case do not believe him as I did that and have found out that it has all been lies as he never came up with the new case
11 comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 January 2012
The product was cheap but of low quality. The Item did not stay looking nice for long as it fell apart at the seems within the first couple of weeks. Very dissapointed.
on 18 April 2012
The magnet that was glued to the cover wasn't strong enough and it fell off from the second day I used it. I ended up buying a leather cover instead. It may be cheap but it's not worth it.
on 21 April 2012
Absolutely naff piece of kit, fell apart within 2 weeks. They asked me to take my comment off and that they would re-imburse me, that never happened.
on 13 April 2012
This case is terrible quality and I would definitely not purchase it had I known. I wish I could give it no stars.

Within 2 days of receiving the product, the black top layer had started to Frey at the edges. By the 5th day, it had started to split, so you could see inside what it was made of. The materials it was made from also smelt like fish. And as the layers peeled apart, the smell got worse.

It wasn't very sturdy, and if you tried to use it as a stand, it would collapse very easily. When you then tried to re-cover the front of your Ipad, it would stick up from where you had folded it over (despite that being the point of the cover).

Also, it wasn't very magnetic, and kept falling off the side.

I know its cheap but you expect a little more quality than that!

If you have any sense, you would buy the official Apple Ipad case. Yes, it's more expensive, but if you want quality it would be worth the investment.
on 23 January 2012
First off, this is not an original Apple product as the advertising would lead you to believe. This is a cheap knock off and a poor quality product. It came packaged in what is effectively a plastic bag unlike the genuine Apple one which is professionally packaged.

After a couple weeks the material that held on to the metal rod began to loose integrity, which made it difficult to stand the iPad up correctly.

After about a month and a half the connecting metal rod fell off and there was no way of putting it back together again.

Went to the apple store today and picked up another and you could tell the difference in quality just by looking at the both of them up close.

I'll bet good money that the apple case isn't going to have the same issues.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!
Unhappy customer.
on 13 April 2012
This is a cheap cover, and initially looks fine. Within two weeks though it starts to go weak and won't hold the iPad up anymore. Really - don't bother wasting your money on it.
on 22 April 2013
A poor quality product, no way near the high quality of a genuine Apple cover.
It is made of cheap plastic and is ill-fitting.

It does not stand up, as is shown in the photograph, so there is no 'keyboard stand' as stated in the product description.
Ive had this cover for almost a year now and it does the trick for what I need it for. It's great as it doesn't add much weight or thickness to my iPad and acts great as a stand, especially when I'm typing.

The issue with the cover is that the magnets, that weren't too strong to start with, are getting noticeable weaker so they no longer support my iPad as well as I would like. The leather around the magnetic clasps is also starting to wear down which means that the case is no longer as durable.

If you're looking for something that is light weight and stylish and you have something else to protect your iPad along side this then this case is pretty good. If however this is to be your only means of protecting your iPad I would suggest looking at other options.
on 29 April 2012
It DOES attach magnetically like the genuine product. It WILL put the iPad into sleep/wake mode. IT DOES NOT function as a stand to have the iPad upright - it unclips so I'm assuming the magnet is not as strong as the genuine product. Side by side with the genuine product shows this to be marginally smaller and the magnets are closer together... Less than 24 hours after giving this to my hubby to go with his new iPad, I went to our local Tesco and bought the real thing...!

Handy as a fallback or spare. Works as a screen protector but for me, not any use as a stand.

See one answered question