on 22 November 2012
*It's most important that we look after our little "feathered friends" over the Winter months. The Birds in my Garden are "overwhelmed" with this stuff!. "HATS OFF" to it's Creators!. Happy Christmas and New Year AMAZON!. God Bless. Anon.
on 12 February 2013
This is a great favourite with all my birds in my garden and no waste from the blue tit to the wagtail it really is first class.
on 29 April 2014
I have 15 bird feeders in my garden and the top three types of food they go through are Peckish 5-in-1 complete, Winter Warmer (this product) and Bill Oddies Garden Friendly mix.

I wish they did bigger bags of this (and their peanut bites) like they do with the 5-in-1. I go through a 2kg bag in less than 2 weeks sometimes (a week in the nesting season). EDIT- Unwins.com (a gardening equipment supplier)sell 12kg bags.
on 30 April 2013
I bought this for my parents twice for the birds in their garden and the birds love it. Great product.
on 24 February 2013
I don't know what it is about this winter warmer mix, but my garden birds love it, especially the robins, it seems. Brilliant stuff :-D
on 13 December 2015
Really great item and I'm very pleased with it. The birds have taken to eating quite a bit of it whereas they weren't really eating the non-winter bird feed. One thing I should say however is that the birds still prefer suet balls and suet blocks (which are high in fat), I think this is their preference as it does more to protect them in the winter, but I am still going to keep buying this in order to give them a range of foods to help them out this winter.
on 17 October 2014
I always find this brand of bird food is popular with the birds in my garden , there are no seeds left behind after feeding. The birds that have eaten are Robin , Tit , Starling , Finch , Wren , Magpie and the usual wood pigeon & dove that eat anything.
Don't have a load of mess to clear up and so no stray plants and grasses growing.
on 7 February 2016
use this to make fat balls, they've only been out a day and all the birds are fighting over them! More than my old recipe.
We get nuthatches, blue tits, coal tits, great tits, sparrows, starlings, lots of black birds, robins and even a woodpecker, and the resident squirrel too all seem to enjoy this. In a zip seal bag too which is useful, and 2Kg is about the right sized pack.

The INGREDIENTS are:
Sunflower Hearts
White Dari
Kibbled Peanuts
Black Sunflower seeds

All peeled, not sure what 'Kibbled' means though.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 November 2015
 I've had a window feeder over the past year which has been quite a challenge to attract a steady flow of birds as most birds would rather go for the hanging feeders in the garden. The best food I tried before this was a combination of crushed peanuts and sunflower hearts. The coal, blue and great tits went for the sunflower hearts, while the various finches went for the peanuts. While there was a steady flow of birds to the feeder, most just grabbed a piece and flew off.

Within an hour of filling the feeder with this food, I sure got a surprise seeing 2 to 3 birds at a time on the feeder, especially the coal tits which generally would just grab a sunflower heart and fly off. As shown at the start of this video, most of the coal tits ate at the feeder, pecking open the seeds on its perch, sounding like wood peckers from inside. I jointed a few clips towards the end showing a robin, blue tit, male chaffinch, great tits, house sparrow and female chaffinch, all taken from the one 30 minute recording. The video has no sound.

Like most mixes, there are obviously certain seeds most birds favour more than others, so as the level dropped in the feeder, the flow of birds dropped. So to lure the birds to the window feeder, once there is about 1/3 the original level in the feeder, I pour these seeds into the garden feeder and fill the window feeder with fresh seed. Even with the left-over seeds in the garden, they are generally consumed by the following morning.
on 23 October 2014
Great and it was cheaper through Amazon than buying it at the Pet Shop.