Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 21 December 2003
Just about every film you will ever watch (with a few acceptions) will have been influenced by another film, and may seem very similar to that film in more ways than one. However, Jumanji is a complete acception to this rule. It is a completely original and fantstic idea for a film, which has become unsuprisingly succesful.
When Alan Parish finds an old game in a building site and begins playing it with Sarah, a girl on his street, he dissappears and she is chased out of the house by a swarm of bats. Twenty Six years later, Judy and Peter find it in the attic of there new house, (the old Parish house) and they also begin to play. They release Alan, along with a hoard of unimaginable nightmares, their only hope being to finish the game, if they live that long!
The special effects in this movie, in there day were excelent, however they do look a little bit dated now, especially the lion. It still works well though. The acting is also pretty ok, especially from Robin Williams, who in my mind is on top form here.
Although this film was promoted as a family movie, some parts are pretty intense and scary, especially the beginning where the previous two children are burying the game. Therefore you may want to watch it before you show it to very young children. Having said this, it really is an excelent film and most of the family can enjoy the solid entertainment.
If you buy this film then i guarentee that you will be gripping your seat,and will be thinking of nothing else until the end. Well worth buying.
on 6 September 2010
I Remember this back when I was about 10 Years old.
I Remember It on VHS, and what a great Film, staring Robbin Williams, and some other great characters. Bearing In Mind, Technology wasn't that good, Over 15 years ago, and the amount of Computer Generated graphics that were in this film, and to make it look so real.

I'm so glad that they decided to bring it to DVD, This is a Film, on which I've lost over the years, but still think about, and Missed.
It's now in my 'Top DVD' collection, and It's a DVD which I can watch, and Watch and watch and never get bored of.

This film has everything, Comedy, Drama, Action, and I Suppose some scary parts - For little children. But something I think an entire family would enjoy, I know that when my daughter is a bit older. She will love it, and I intend to sit down as a Family, and watch it all together!

5**** From me!

The story is about 2 children who start off the game, and Robbin Williams gets sucked into the Jungle, about 25 years later, 2 other children play the same game after moving into the house, and they play the game, and roll a 3 or an 8 on the Dice, Robbin Williams then comes back from the Jungle, but the story does not end there, they have to finish the terrifying game, which has monkeys, Lions, Gunmen, and loads of nasty things happening, but until they finish the game, these things won't go away!
on 26 March 2011
I boughtthis for a 16 year old boy who had not seen it before. He had sevear additional needs and not been out of bed since Christmas. He managed to watch once before he died. AND he LOVED IT!! It arrived really quickly,infact just in time, thank you.We have watched it again and is good for all ages although a younger friend watched it through his fingers. Excellant entertainment.
on 13 August 2014
I believe I was 7 when I saw the advertisements for this movie. We watched it as a family and It's been my most memorable and favourite film yet. Just watched yesterday and today and it's better than I imagined. Lol usually films loose those nice touches as you get older when you see they were just add ons or play some kind of code to the movie. But this movie does not do that. Still an excellent well loved today. And Robbin Williams is a very genuine person his heart is in this movie. That's what makes it so real and incredible. All the characters are lovely and light. Not over done and not under done. Excellent movie.
on 29 January 2014
I seen this for sale on Blu-ray and I wanted it straight away.

This was one of my favourite films as a child.

I always owned it on VHS but I had to to add to my Blu-ray collection.

The picture is great and it fills out the entire screen which I love. Although, I do think it could have been better. The picture seemed to lack contrast for me. The colour just wasn't as prominent and the picture wasn't as crisp as Blu-rays of older movies usually make them.

That's not to say the quality was bad, it was great! But I've seen better.

Also, I love the interactive Jumanji game you can play in the special features. The Jumanji game could have been slightly better but I really did enjoy it even though my brother hated it.

So overall this is a great Blu-ray to add in your collection but don't be expecting something phenomenal. And for €5, you can't beat that price.
on 14 March 2016
I remember this from my childhood. We watched it last weekend with our 8 year old who loved it so much that he wanted to watch it again the next weekend! My partner is divorced, and we only have her son half the time, and to be fair he is probably a bit 'advanced' in his viewing because in his other house he has watched all kinds of things that we would NOT think suitable (James Bond, Jaws, Life of Pi, that kind of thing). However, we agreed that any kid of 7-9 should be fine with this. I would not recommend for younger though.
A magical board game serves as a door to another dimension in this adventure fantasy based on Chris Van Allsburg's award-winning children's book. When a pair of orphans discover the game and start playing it, they unwittingly unleash a man (Robin Williams) who's been trapped inside--as well as an array of stampeding jungle animals, brought vividly to the screen courtesy of ILM's computer-generated special effects. The film is directed by Joe Johnston (THE ROCKETEER, JURASSIC PARK III).
on 24 January 2016
I was sent a really scratched copy that just kept freezing and jumping. This is the second DVD from this seller in the last couple of weeks that has been of an unwatchable quality. This seller obviously does not check their used merchandise before selling on. Not worth the hassle of sending back for how cheap it was.
on 16 January 2016
I absolutely love Jumanji and wanted to introduce my 8 year old to it - after watching on TV, he insisted on the DVD! First film I watched after the tragic loss of Robin Williams.
Definitely a film for the whole family, absolutely brilliant. Highly recommend it.
on 9 February 2016
You can immerse yourself in to Jumanji and go on the most incredible journey. Fascinating and the graphics still look brilliant even by today's standards. It's the sort of film you could watch every year or so and not tire of it. Robin Williams is of course his usual brilliant and funny self. Great value for such fun!