Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 28 September 2014
A good value pack for adding to a 3D collection. As for the films: Priest is a decent Underworld wannabe that maintains it's pace throughout the film. A good basis for any future sequels (unlikely). The idea that vampires are originally a separate species rather than un-dead humans is 'slightly more plausible' than the usual cliché. The Green Hornet is typical Seth Rogen, which is a good thing. The premise that Kato is the real hero, is a good homage to the real hero of yester year (Bruce Lee). Though gadgets play a big part in the film, they do not dominate, so the characters remain in the limelight. RE4 is more of the same cartoonish, over the top game inspired mayhem. The most unfortunate element that enters the film series from this point on, are the game references that make no sense such as the dollar coins. Some old school flying objects coming at you are used to justify the use of 3D. Overall, a trio of enjoyable brain off, adrenaline on, cinematic escapism for your viewing pleasure
on 14 December 2011
Great Price for this DVD bundle. I got it for £25. Great films at good quality. Great too show off your 3D TV when you have guests coming round your house.
on 8 January 2012
I really enjoyed this set of films in 3d.The set was priced very well for the entertainment value and was viewed with family and friends , who all really enjoyed the effects in the films.I have now purchased additional films from amazon and started my 3D collection .
on 11 April 2013
2 very good films and one excellent one.
Priest is my favourite of the three and is probably the best vampire film ever made with really threatening vampires and a great futuristic story the 3d is awesome
Resident evil: afterlife is probably the best film in the resident evil series in my opinion, also with the best 3d of any film bullets flying out of the screen giant axes and shrapnel will have you ducking for cover
The green hornet is probably the weakest film in the set but still a very good super hero/comedy
on 11 September 2013
I was recommended by a friend to look at the Green Hornet Film, and whilst looking for it on the Amazon Webb site I found this box of 3, I don,t think I could be converted to this type of genre but they are certainly in an interesting format and a change that to what I have seen before, the Green Hornet film was to my mind the best of the 3 but I can see from other people's viewpoints that these films represent a specialist interest and introduction to a world that I had no idea was out there.
on 23 June 2013
I did buy these for the 3D and I must say that all three were ok films at best, but the 3D affects are terrible and look rushed.
on 10 May 2012
I love 3D, so yes, these films held my attention more than they would in 2D. However, as you would expect, the 3D is no way near as good as more recent bigger budget movies. It all looks a little post converted to me and sub par. Needless to say, I was fairly unimpressed.

Resident Evil - An unitelligible mess that offends the senses on every level. It could be one of the worst films ever made. Abysmal would be a compliment.

Priest - This too is a pretty awful film, but compared to Resident Evil, it's oscar worthy. The premise, characters and story are just totally un-engaging

Green Hornet - The only passable film of the lot. A good bit of comedy and a fun origins story let down by very average set pieces and a dull climax. In the 80's this would have been a summer smash hit...not anymore. (This film is the only reason I gave two stars)

The live action 3D arena is still a little sparse on good films, so these may whet your appetite until 2013/14 when there will be substantially more titles available. I would strongly recommend renting these from Lovefilm or wherever as you may find, even the pulling power of 3D, is not enough to endure these films for a second time.

There are a few dozen 3D titles currently available that you should definitely consider buying ahead of this calamitous box set of awful. The Pixar and Disney animations are particularly excellent. How to Train Your Dragon, being one of my favourites due to exellent 3D and a great story. It is, however, prohibitively expensive at present for most with a £30 price tag. The only excellent cheap 3D blu ray is Despicable Me, which, if you keep checking Amazon, sells for as little as £8.50 new. The Owls of Ga'hoole can also be picked up for £13ish and it has some great flight sequences.
on 9 September 2014
loved the price of the set, but have only watched Green Hornet so far - it was very funny - Don't expect anything serious or you will be disappointed.
on 26 February 2014
Wasn't over-keen on any of these films. That probably reflects in the cheaper price!!! Don't think I'd recommend to anyone else.
on 13 January 2012
I really enjoyed these 3, 3d movies and only really purchased to try out the 3D on my new set up.