on 9 February 2012
Daughter wanted this for her 13th birthday - and she loves it! It contains everything on the picture (the bear is her favourite item!!!) and it kept her quiet for a few hours! Not a lot else to say except that we thought it was very good value and you get what you expect!!!
on 8 September 2012
I'm 13 years old and I bought this with half of my hard earned money! I wanted to have something to play with again, so I got this. This is so much fun and I really enjoy playing with it. It was a bit easy for me to build but it is great to play with :D
on 14 September 2012
I got this for my son £17 cheaper than the shops which is great and my son loved it. He said it was one of the best days ever building this and he was happy and quiet all day so great for us too. I would recommend it to anyone. Once built it great to play with too.
on 27 July 2012
Bought this for my son for his 7th birthday. He couldn't wait to build it. He constructed it all by himself and was able to follow the instructions without asking for ANY help. Although he does play with the police station he does seem to get more enjoyment out of building Lego. Would definitely recommend to others!
on 27 February 2012
An excellent durable toy construction kit . New to my just 7 grandson. Admittedly he is very good with all Lego kits even the extremely large versions.Followed instructions easily with completion needing little adult input.
on 30 December 2012
From our ten year old:

"I got this for Christmas and couldn't be more happy. It is worth the building time and the characters are great. The only problem is the split manual for bags 4 and 5, it was a bit of a problem but a minor one. Everything in this kit has something special, the barrier is great, everything is great. A recommendation for 8+ or 5+ with adult help"

I'd add that there are some really nice touches, the police office has some great little items, computer screen and coffee machine. The bear is a nice shape and posable, we had him rearing up at the tree one of the robbers was hiding in.
This kit has been reduced on Amazon to 40% of the RRP so it is worth checking prices before buying.
on 5 December 2012
Got the set for a 7 year old, and he loved it, and built it independantly quite quickly.
There are lots of sub-parts to build - helicopter, police van, buggy, and the station itself, so it really lends itsself to being played with. Also there are lots of really great details. I loved the way the criminal can excape the jail by bursting through the letter box!
The price on Amazon does seem to fluctuate quite widely - suggest you wait til it is available at a good price - I think I paid £30-35, but then it is well worht the money. Also is in a huge box - important for any gift!!!!
on 2 December 2012
We bought this for our sons 4th birthday he's very into his lego and wants to be just the same as his 5 year old brother. Clearly he's too little to sit there and build it so that's where mummy comes in! It was easy to follow the instructions and is fairly sturdy when built so he can happily play with it. It was reduced when I bought this which made it excellent value for money too.
Although my son is only 4 it nice to give him. Present he knows he has to be. Bit more careful with and before I know it he'll be taking it apart and rebuilding it.
on 18 November 2013
i've bought many Lego sets over the years for my grandchildren but I must say this looks far better quality than the rest of them. Firstly, if you want to give a large present this will not disappoint since it is in a very large sturdy Lego box and I can't wait to see his face when he opens this on his birthday. Although he will only be just 7 he is able to build Lego very well for his age and his favourite is Lego City like his brothers.
on 4 November 2012
My son has been after this set for ages and was very pleased with it for his birthday present. He's 9.