4.0 out of 5 stars +
Published on 20 Sep 2011 by Ali

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok
should have checked the track listing as it was short a few songs i was after
Published 2 months ago by bambam1380

4.0 out of 5 stars +, 20 Sep 2011
This review is from: + (MP3 Download)
Having followed Ed Sheeran since his "Nandos Skank" days, I had mixed emotions about his finally gaining the recognition he deserves. Mainly I think I was worried about whether he'd be stripped of his individuality and turned into another processed pop sensation. Listening to this album, I realise I needn't have worried. Although a couple of the songs from his original EPs appear here as more mainstream, beat-driven versions (The City and - of course - You Need Me, I Don't Need You) the emotion behind them is still very much present.

My only complaint is that I find some of the tracks on here a little samey. The stand out ones in my opinion are Small Bump, You Need Me I Don't Need You, The A-Team (which I am pleased to note remains unaltered since its original release on 'Loose Change'), The City, Sunburn and the beautiful Little Bird, which can be found on the deluxe version of the album.

It is a rare thing to find an album where every single track is amazing and sadly this is not one of them, but what I can say for it is that all the songs on here compliment each other rather well. And oh my goodness, what a voice! It's worth buying just for the wonderful vocal work alone.

All in all I consider it to be one of the best first albums I have ever bought, and an excellent showcase of Ed's talents. Roll on the second album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ed Sheeran +, 13 Oct 2011
This review is from: + (Audio CD)
Wow this is the best album I have heard in a very long time, beautiful voice and fantastic lyrics. Stretches over several different genres making Ed difficult to pigeonhole. He has rap and hip hop influences that appeals to the younger audience, whilst I heard the hidden track, "The Parting Glass", played on Mike Harding's BBC Radio 2 Folk Show. I am sure without doubt we will be hearing a lot more from Ed Sheeran for as very long time to come, he has ground out a loyal live following with his intensive live gigging over the last few years. 4 bonus tracks are on the "deluxe" version of this album and should not be missing in particular the outstanding ballad "Sunburn" and the Reggae influenced "Gold Rush".
There is not a bad track on the album and I can't wait to follow Ed's career as I am sure it will go from strength to strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Oct 2011
This review is from: + (Audio CD)
This is an amazing album Ed Sheeran is amazing, love it i listen to it all the time. Would definitely recommend people to buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars ed sheeran, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: + (Audio CD)
a great album for sheeran fans. supplier despatched in very good time was purchased as gift which was well received

5.0 out of 5 stars Ed Sheeran, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: + (MP3 Download)
What a brilliant album, I know its been out quite a while but never got round to buying it But for the bargain price of 99p you cant go wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars A debut album to remember, 16 Jun 2014
ReviewBlog51 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: + (Audio CD)
Note: This review is for the standard, single CD release.

Whilst we are all looking forward and waiting with anticipation for Ed Sheeran's upcoming second album 'x (multiply) ', I thought that I'd review his debut, which is alarming now three years old.

'+' is an impressive showcase of a then twenty year old's quite exceptional talents. The man has a great voice, certainly knows his way around a guitar, and the album consists of catchy tunes with interesting lyrics. The songs range from the soulful and folksy, 'The A Team' is a gem that encouraged me to buy the album, to the more punchy like 'Drunk', and even shades of hip hop with the edgy 'You Need Me, I Don't Need You'.

Whilst there isn't a bad song to be found, some of them do sound quite similar, whilst a couple also start to wear on you after a while, hence the four stars. Nevertheless, it's a very playable album for the most part, and admirable for a man of such young years to be able too, not only sing as well as this, but to be able put together a debut entirely of his own songs, particularly when the material is good as it is.

The majority of the songs are written from Ed's own experiences as a struggling musician, and 'The A Team', according to an interview with 'Billboard' magazine, came from spending time assisting at a homeless shelter. He wrote the lyrics after hearing all of the stories of the homeless people there, which gives the tune a real heartfelt and sincere quality that some manufactured pop music will never have.

This is real music from a real musician. I strongly highly advise you to pick '+' up and discover Ed Sheeran, who I think has the ability to stick around for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Album, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: + (Audio CD)
Why did it take me so long to buy it? A superb album by a highly talented singer-songwriter a must own album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good..., 16 Oct 2011
Boot-Boy (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: + (Audio CD)
I bought this CD for my daughter - her pocket-money had run out and she made a good fist for me up-fronting the cost; something about keeping her bedroom clean and tidy... Surprisingly, I'm glad I did, even if she did renege on the deal. After a week's worth of school runs, with Mr Sheeran belting out from the sound system, I have to say I rather like his style. The voice is strong, individual and convincing, the lyrics smooth, solid and interesting, and that compulsive strumming guitar gutsy and melodious. The breakthrough came when I realised I was still playing Mr Sheeran after I'd dropped off my daughter at the school gates, even singing along on a couple of the tracks. At my age I can't say better than that...

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 19 Sep 2011
This review is from: + (Bonus Tracks) (MP3 Download)
this is by far one of the best albums of the year! kiss me, autum leaves, the a team and drunk at probably the best songs although the whole album is great. YOU HAVE TO GET THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars honestly though a good album., 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: + (Audio CD)
ya well 13 year old daughter shes never stopped playing it.trouble is i'm starting to sing the songs. honestly though a good album.

+ by Ed Sheeran