Size: 16 oz|Change

on 24 March 2016
I turned to this product after Pure Gold Collagen bought up the supply line for the liquid collagen I used to purchase (the best supplement I've ever used), making it impossible to obtain (and Pure Gold is 3x the price, with a fraction of the co-nutrients!).

As a replacement, this is not bad. I don't find it as absorbable as the liquid collagen, which is mixed with a number of companion nutrients to maximise absorbability. When I exercise hard, for instance, the liquid collagen would wipe out any tight or sore muscles, and this plain collagen does help, but 'd say it is about 50% as effective - and I take loads. 2 Tablespoons morning and night, plus a couple of teaspoons each in any hot drinks.

Cost wise, this WAS kinder, but it is now being sold for the same cost of a far superior product! Now that Amazon's supplier has increased their price by £9 (I was paying £16 per tub), this no longer provides good value, in my opinion. And you can certainly find the product elsewhere at a much more competitive price. If you are going to start paying the likes of £25 per tub I would recommend, instead, purchasing one of the liquid collagens which is laced with at least some co-nutrients. You will see the difference.

Lastly, recently the quality of this product has been somewhat changeable and I have had a couple of tubs where, instead of being tasteless, the powder had a fairly obvious taste which was not hugely pleasant. It also was much rougher in texture and did not dissolve as well. All in, I would keep looking unless Amazon is able to fulfill your order at something closer to the £15 mark, which is fair.
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 June 2014
Very good for my Osteo Arthritis! Flavorless, so can mix into anything, i mix it into my coffee and would definately recommend it!
on 7 April 2016
I am a regular buyer and have purchased this countless times. Due to the dramatic and unsteady price fluctuations I have rated as 4, otherwise I am very happy with this product. I mainly add it to my protein shake. It mixes well, it carries minimal taste, but this can vary from batch to batch with some batches carrying a a degree of 'animal' smell/ taste, but I guess this should be expected, it being beef collagen.

The overall health benefits outweigh any negatives. While I mainly supplement this as part of my post-workout protein, I have experienced many wider benefits, particularly a significantly improved sleep, and improved stress control. On these points, there is certainly a beneficial mechanism acting centrally, probably an improved chemical balance directly related to the endocrine system i.e. enhanced stress responses. Working in a stressful and intense (intellectual) role, as a scientist, I must say there is no medication, or supplement that compares.

In terms of skin, hair, nails, elasticity, joints etc., I wouldn't declare this, in my experience, as the secret ingredient to eternal youth. But I have certainly experienced faster recovery times, and improved joint flexibility. As a young male in his late 20s my skin, nails, hair are in pretty good condition in the first place, I guess folk of an older age may experience or observe the effects more significantly in this regard. In any case, for me these remain as side benefits as my main purpose of using this product is to re-balance my amino-acid intake, which I have certainly experienced the benefits of as mentioned.

Lastly, I have in the past paid as little as £16 for this item. It fluctuates dramatically up to at least £30 on occasion, and currently being sold at £24. Fortunately I have found another supplier (iHerb) selling this product at £16 and so at this moment of time I will no longer buy through Amazon.
on 11 April 2014
I am on my second can and hopefully should start seeing the benefits. My skin texture is a lot better after 2 weeks of use.
44 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2015
I do love this great way to get some protein in early morning and the benefits of gelatin on the gut are brilliant. Can't taste it in coffee or soups and stews I add it to what ever I can. Very big Tin so don't be put off by the price it is a fair size.
on 2 October 2014
Why is there such a price difference each time I look to buy? Sometimes as much as £10 !!!!!! WHY???
77 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 February 2015
I've been using the great lakes collagen products for a while now but previously used the porcine (red tub) variety, much prefer the Kosher as it mixes much more easily in hot or cold liquids.
on 7 October 2014
I've been taking this for about 4 weeks now and have noticed a difference in my aching joints, stiff muscles, hair and skin condition. It doesn't taste of anything and is easy to drink. No side effects, just generally makes me feel good. I almost think it settles my stomach too which is always a plus.
44 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 September 2014
I blend it in my coffee drink together with coconut oil every morning for about four weeks by now and must say the results start showing - my nails are stronger, skin quality is better and I can see new hair start growing.
on 28 January 2015
After 2 years of alarming hair loss/shedding I've been taking this for 2 months and the change has been almost miraculous. Try it!
33 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse