5.0 out of 5 stars Great listening, 20 Sep 2011
SJSmith (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
My two year old adores the first collection of nursery rhymes The Nursery Rhyme Collection - 33 Musicians Create A Nursery Rhymes Masterpiece (2 CD's) (and to be honest, so do I!). I found it hard to envisage which nursery rhymes would make up the second collection on CD. A further 67 rhymes was an amazing feat. I enjoy the fact (as I did with the last collection) that it is real music. This may sound silly but it genuinely feels like you're at a gig, that's perhaps the best way to describe it. If in doubt, check them out on the internet because it is really worth experiencing the sounds.

In places, this collection has become a bit song based. By this I mean the first collection is fast paced and highly entertaining. However as my son is only 26 months it may just be that the first CD is more suited to his age group and in maybe six months or so the songs on this new CD will appeal more. There are many on there that he certainly knows now but the style of these songs is so original (and thank goodness for that) that he doesn't quite recognise the rhyme being sung.

I can't rate these musicians highly enough. They've produced two high quality CDs that take nursery rhymes to a different level. I'm certain for example that track 15 from CD2 was inspired by Pink Floyd. By using a range of musical genres it is a great way to introduce your child to compositions that take the rhymes they love and turns them into music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 21 Sep 2011
Wow!

What can I say, if only all kids CDs were like this. I absolutely love it! I have a copy of the The Nursery Rhyme Collection 1 (which is nearly worn out now from playing it so much) that my kids along with my wife and myself love to have playing in the car and at home. So when I managed to get the 2nd collection I was over the moon. (and so were the kids!) The quality of the musical performances is amazing with a real diverse range of styles, so being a musian myself I feel my kids are not only having great fun when listening to these albums, but they're also being educated!

When is the 3rd gonna be avaliable?!

Jay

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome (part 2), 30 Sep 2011
The title of the CD says it all; another masterpiece has been created!

My 3 boys loved the first CD so much that we had to buy a second copy to keep in our other car! We were all hoping that the 2nd installment would be as good and we've not been disappointed.

Fantastic, a must buy for all families!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 29 Sep 2011
Our 3 yr old loved the first CD so much we had to get a copy of the new release.....it's fantastic, we laughed and sang along so much we're not sure who enjoyed it most. Genius compilation very cleverly written with some superb musical influences, thank you for making a nursery rhyme album for all the family to enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars THe Nursery Rhyme Collection 2, 27 Sep 2011
My kids love this CD and so do I!

Especially like "Do your Ears Hang low" :)

Looking forward to number 3!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Days!, 19 July 2012
jenny pb (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
We have had the first Nursery Rhyme Collection Album for a few years now, and the whole family have enjoyed it very much. I am so happy I ordered vols 3 & 4. We listened to the first few tracks today before preschool and my little one was up dancing straight away. I couldn't wait for her to get back to listen to the rest of the it, so am playing it now, and really enjoying it. I know she is going to love it! Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and fun CD, 27 Jun 2014
We brought this CD for one of our toddler rooms at nursery school and all loved it! The children absolutely loved to dance to it and especially loved jumping and dancing to 'monkeys on the bed!' I would definitely recommend this CD to anyone working in a nursery environment for singing and dancing and also to parents with young children!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 9 Dec 2012
Tried to listen this CD with my 6 months old daughter and it is ok. She is not really keen on this CD. She preferes far more the Sing and Learn. However I am sure that we will enjoy this CD when she is bit older.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD of the Decade, 20 Nov 2012
Though the Amazon review sums this one up quite nicely I should point out that its probably the hardest thing in music to create a nursery rhyme but as Volume I had My Bonnie done in the style of the Beatles more or less like the version credited to Tony Sheridan made in Germany in 1961 so its the Beatles who actually came closest with Yellow Submarine,Goodnight,Golden Slumbers (based on the ancient poem) and All Together Now.Not forgetting that it was Paul McCartney who revived Mary Had A Little Lamb

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant CD, 17 July 2012
This review is from: The Nursery Rhyme Collection 2 (33 Musicians create another Nursery Rhymes Masterpiece) (MP3 Download)
We loved the first blue CD by this group of musicians so much that we snapped up the second, and we love it. 'masterpiece' is a good word for it! The features we loved from the first CD are present in abundance: nods to famous bands and musicians, energetic and humorous singing, beautiful arrangements and production, and impressive variety of styles and sounds. It is of huge entertainment value and my daughter (who is 18 months old) enjoys it and learns so much from it. There are quite a few 'new' arrangements on the CD, particularly of rhymes that had no tune previously like, "two little dicky birds sitting on a wall", which are also fab and just seem to fit the lyrics perfectly. We love it!! Highly recommended.