5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect wireless card
I bought this to replace the wireless adapter in my Dell laptop. I wanted to have a dual band "N" adapter in it. The physical installation was very easy and fast to be done. All works great.

Good choice for anyone needing an upgrade.
Published on 27 Sep 2011 by Nolan "Fireeater"

3.0 out of 5 stars does not work
It does not work because I have a Compaq Presario CQ56 which does not recognize this type of card. I hope to use when I buy a new laptop in the future.
Published 11 months ago by Kev

3.0 out of 5 stars does not work, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Intel Centrino Advanced - N 6200 - Wi-Fi Adapter MiniPCI Express 2.4/5 GHz 300 Mbps Half Mini Card Tray (Personal Computers)

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems with Windows 7, 5 Jan 2012
Mr. Richard P. Evans (Surrey UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this card for my new Sony Vaio Laptop, as I get too much interference on 2.4 Ghz, and so need to use 5Ghz wireless.
It also supports mode N, at speeds of up to 300 Mb/s which would been nice, if I could get it to work at that speed.

I installed the card in my new Laptop, and when I started up Windows 7 could not find a suitable driver.
There was no documentation or drivers supplied with the card, so I then had to start searching the internet for a solution.

On the Intel site I didn't see anything that looked like a driver, but did find various software for the card, so I downloaded what I think was the newest most appropriate version. When installing there were options, and I discovered that I could choose to simply install the drivers. The rest of the software was not necessary, all it did was to allow other computers to connect to mine directly via my wireless card. Perhaps that is a useful feature, or perhaps it is a security hole. I decided not to install it and just install the drivers.

Windows 7 now recognized my new wireless card, but could not see my 5Ghz signal, I could only see 2.4 Ghz signals.

I looked through the device driver settings, and found that the card was set to use only modes B & G.
Strangely among the options there seems to be no choice for mode N, that seems to be handled by separate settings. There was a setting for modes A B and G, which I selected, and then I was able to see my 5Ghz signal.

I thought great now it works, until checked the connection status. It was connected at only 54Mb/s. So I must be connected using mode A, not using mode N. More web searching and more trying different settings, and I still get only 54Mb/s. Perhaps there is some incomparability with the Mode N on my Netgear router. It's hard to say with no helpful documentation.

Well the card works, and I get a solid reliable connection using a 5Ghz signal. But it is not as good as I'd hoped, as I still can't get mode N to work, and installation was harder than it ought to have been, and there was no documentation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect wireless card, 27 Sep 2011

Good choice for anyone needing an upgrade.