on 10 August 2012
First off, don't expect too much from this product. If your boiler suddenly develops a fault in the night and starts belching out CO, this little tab isn't going to be much help. There's no alarm or warning that will sound. So if you want 100% peace of mind, get one of the £20-£30 electric alarms which monitor rather like a smoke alarm.

HOWEVER, if you just want something to keep and eye on to monitor things, this is ideal. I have it stuck next to my boiler and every time I go into my utility room I take a look and make sure it's not black.

This isn't the ultimate solution to preventing CO poisoning but it is 100 times better than not having anything at all. At least I would know fairly quickly if a fault had developed and could take preventative action.

Ultimately a £30 electric alarm is the way to go, but for a very very simple quick solution that beats having nothing, this is £3.99 well spent.

Be aware that each tab only lasts 3 months so your £3.99 will only cover 6 months.

I'll probably get an electric alarm in due course but this will tide me over for now (I bought a pack when I moved into my new house just to check the boiler was not spewing out CO). So far so good.
on 17 January 2012
Although cheap these patches are easily installed and provide peace of mind - I was well satisfied with their quality and easy instructions.
on 3 January 2014
Bought this item to take on a foreign holiday. Stuck one in the kitchen area and another in the bedroom. Was bought more for peace of mind as I checked the little dot every day to make sure it hadn.t changed colour.
on 14 April 2012
Great value for peace of mind!! You get 2 in a pack which is great and I will def be ordering more when these have gone past there use by dates!
on 23 March 2012
attached to my boiler cabinet so i can see if there is a problem carbon dioxide leaks. visable but not pobtrusive
on 27 April 2012
searched high and low for this in the shops. tucked away out of site but doing the job. great services, will be getting some more
on 9 February 2012
It's small and worth the price. It may not have an alarm to tell you when something's wrong but if you put it in plain view then you will be able to check if the yellow circle has turned black which indicates high amounts of carbon monoxide. It has a sticky strip on the back that allows you to stick it on the wall or on any flat surface.
55 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 March 2013
good value for money but it's almost as though you pay for the value via the shippping charges. product is decent and does what it says. nothing more, nothing less.
on 6 February 2013
I choose a 5* rating for this product my item was definately fit for purpose, and I purchased it because I have been waking up in the middle of the night very tight chested with a banging headache, and wanted to make sure that all was well in my home. I definitely feel more at ease knwing that I now have my detector monitors installed, which were quick and easy to install just by opening the pack, peeling off the sticky tab and securing to wherever you want to put it.

I would recommend this product to every household. bearing in mind most homes with gas as a source of energy only gets checked once a year, so, for the remainder of the year it's wise to purchase this item to keep your household safe. Don't forget, carbon monoxide is a lethal odourless gas which can be fatal. So, keep your family safe and purchase and install a detector monitor like the ones I purchased from Colour changing Products. Happy buying!
on 15 December 2013
i good friend of mine is a gas engineer and he said throw it in the bin, not trustworthy, dont put your or your family's safety as risk with this cheap nasty thing, buy a proper device. Done!