on 15 April 2014
I prefer Rabone when it comes to levels but they are expensive too expensive for this size of level but Drapper do good levels at a reasonable price. Unwrapped and checked for damage but fond none, set level out to test accuracy using screws. For those that don't know, screw in 2 screws at levels max length to a fixed work bench and place level on screws, if off level adjust one screw up or down and place level back on make sure you place the level same way round as turning level will give false reading, when the level reads perfect then and only then turn the level other way e.g. left to right, if same reading, your level is perfect, if different your level is off so you might as well toss it in the bin unless the level has its own adjusting screws next to bubble, this method works both horizontal and vertical. My Drapper level is spot so very happy. Will buy from Drapper again.
Did you know that in Oklahoma USA. It is illegal for children to use towels as capes and jump from houses pretending to be superman.
on 22 December 2014
Oh dear, what a useless product. I've had 2 of these and neither met the accuracy specification printed on them!
The first one I received had obviously gone through the machine sideways, the entire box section had a kink through it. Not only was the datum face crooked, but the level itself was twisted so it would not sit flat. Add to this that the thin aluminium section was dented (from the inside out - ie during manufacturing) at one end of the datum face, making for more potential inaccuracy in use.
I requested a replacement, and when it arrived, it was banana shaped along the datum face, so that when rested on a flat surface, the centre of the level was in the air! Add to this the fact that the bubbles give different 'readings' depending on which way round you place the level, it's hard to understand how a manufacturer can get it so wrong!
Reading some other reviews puzzles me. Either the quality of this product is so variable as to make online purchase a total gamble (at least in a store you can hunt through and find the good one), or other people buying this must have written their reviews before attempting to use it!
on 24 December 2011
excellent value for money. had floor tiled 40sqm in living room, tiler found this spirit level so useful especially because tiles were 600x600, so needed a spirit level double in lenght to ensure two tiles layed next to each other were horizontal.. will keep this for many year to come.. yes it is light weight and has spirit in the middle and both ends, found no problem what so ever... you can always buy the really expensive ones if you want, this does exactly the same job
on 13 March 2013
bought this level as needed one a wee bit longer for framing, thought the draper name is Ok, but this level was not true, or fit for purpose. was quickly refunded by amazon. I bought a silverline expert. instead, which is true, and accurate to 1mm per m. check them out, but might not be on amazon.
on 14 August 2013
A pretty decent spirit level at an incredibly low price.
Exactly what I needed for laying a patio.
Very usable for the DIY enthusiast, perhaps not strong enough for professional use.
Yes I checked it and it is level too. Delivered very speedily and well packaged.
on 6 August 2012
For the money Wow is the only word to describe this product. Yes it`s lightweight like the other review says but if you are looking for a cheap level that is actually level this is it. Having work on the building I was always told to watch how I treated my level as mistreating it would result in a tool that would be useless. I`m not fussed if it lightweight just that it works and I will treat it as if it was the more expensive ones I have owned as they all go out of level if they are hit around. Good buy if you are going to use it around the home for diy, if you plan to use a level on a day to day basis for work you probably will buy a more robust tool. If all you want to do is put up the odd shelf up or build a bbq pit and lay some slabs look no further.
on 8 April 2013
Purchased for levelling concrete slabs. Appears well made, and the vials are stated to be shock-resistant.
I have only taken one star off because there were two very annoying pieces of stray plastic rattling about inside the aluminium body of the spirit level. This necessitated taking off the plastic end-cover (fortunately I had a sturdy pair of pliers to hand) with some determination and a good grip I removed one and the offending plastic was easily tipped out. No further problems.
Lovely lightweight item to carry about and it is as accurate as I need. 1200mm is perfect, not too long, and yet not too short to be limiting its usefulness. The professionals out there may need better quality but I am happy at the price.
on 13 April 2015
I didn't know what to expect when I ordered the Draper 09515 DIY Series 1200mm Box Section Level. With such a low price tag, I was expecting a low quality product even though Draper do have a good reputation in producing quality goods. When the item arrived this morning, I was really surprised at the quality given the low price tag. You certainly get a lot for your money. I have yet to check the accuracy but given it's only going to get used occasionally for small DIY jobs and not used to build extensions for example (where accuracy is so important), then it's ideal for what I want it for.
on 14 April 2016
You buy a non adjustable level, you expect it to be set up OK when you first get it. This one wasn't!
I checked the two levels I bought against each other on the horizontal plane and they were very accurate. However I didn't think at that point to check the vertical setting as I usually use a plumb line. Made the mistake of setting some work out in a restricted space. After half way through I stepped back and could see there was a problem!
I bought both the 600 mm and 1200 mm ones. The 600 mm one was spot on, but this 1200 mm one is out by 3 mm over a 1200 mm length.
on 29 March 2015
Very good for the price, well enough made to last me a lifetime, but would be bent within a few months of trade use and transportation.