5.0 out of 5 stars Happy and sad in equal portions
OK which one of my friends made me download this little gem to my Kindle/iPad? Because you have just ruined my chances of getting anything done. Just sat down to read a few pages and already I am hooked. A heart-warming and funny account of a great family adventure. Sadness and humour in equal measure this just delivers -can understand the good reviews-now buzz off I...
Published on 2 May 2012 by Book Mum

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money
I am so pleased I borrowed this from the library and did not buy it. I stuck with it for the first few chapters, but it really is dire. Pages and pages and pages on the authors toddlers obsession with wee, poo and different species bottoms. He obviously believes these are profound observations on humanity. The book is boring and poorly written. The Author and his...
Published 2 months ago by Anthony

‹ Previous | 123 24 2556 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book!, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8,000-Mile Car Journey Around Britain (Kindle Edition)
Having two young children myself, I couldn't help smiling on some situations. A funny and emotional book, fantastic reading. Loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you want to pick the book up to finish reading it, 10 Aug 2013
Deepak (Wolves, UK) - See all my reviews
This is amusingly written in narrative style so you can almost picture each scene. It's more about the family's experiences - their story - rather than about various attractions or places to visit in Britain. A great holiday read.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Reason to Laugh, 7 Aug 2013
Great little read. Travelling across Britain with two little kids. Very funny but oh the toothbrush incident - yuck! And I want to know what happened to the bat in the loo. If you want something lighthearted and funny this is it. But it also had its emotional side which gave me a lump in my throat. My son.

4.0 out of 5 stars What an enjoyable read!, 3 Aug 2013
Loved this funny, interesting, honest account of a man who travelled around England with his wife and two young children researching family friendly attractions, restaurants and hotels. I think this has got to be one of the most endearing books about relationships (with partners, parents, children, siblings, as well as the general public) and I think I enjoyed that aspect more than any other. It made me laugh, it made me cry; what more can you ask of a book? A recommended read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Aug 2013
8862emma (Lockerbie, UK) - See all my reviews
Hilarious and poignant in equal measure, a book like this can only be written by someone who has travelled with children. It is gratifying to know it's not just us who get into scrapes. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Every parent's must have read, 29 July 2013
I had been meaning to buy this for months. Great book. Sadness and tears of laughter. Where does a superDad like that come from?

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful read, loved it, 29 July 2013
I read this book after Road to Rouen, which I absolutely loved.
Ben has a great writing flair and I laughed and laughed (and cried) through the each chapter. I have a habit of devouring read I enjoy, but I didn't want this one to end.
Hope there is another in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 28 July 2013
Bought this book after following Ben Hatch on Twitter. It is the funniest book I have read in years. If you have ever been on a long journey with kids then you'll love it. Already bought the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars funny man, 27 July 2013
This is such a funny heart warming book I absolutely loved it. The kids are a hoot and I felt as if I was travelling with the family,brilliant. I've just downloaded his next book The Road to Rouen so I hope it's as good,I'm sure it will be. So thank you Amazon for the kindle edition and thank you Ben for the pleasure your book gave me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant read, 21 July 2013
A very enjoyable read, very funny and a great way to discover various places and attractions around England. I recommend it.

‹ Previous | 123 24 2556 | Next ›