4.0 out of 5 stars A sequel that delivers!
Published on 18 Oct. 2011 by bookblogger

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Published 19 months ago by OneCatEvil

4.0 out of 5 stars A sequel that delivers!, 18 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Death Speaks (#2): A Dark Dystopian Fantasy (The Death Series) (Kindle Edition)
Death Speaks is the second book in the Death Series by Tamara Rose Blodgett. The story continues to follow Caleb and his group of friends with their special powers. The group of friends (minus Jonesy) have moved on to the Paranormal Highschool and are getting some instruction on their various abilities. In Caleb's case however it is not really helping since he is only the second person to ever have level 5 AFTD (affinity for the dead). Carson and Brett are back to their old game of being being jerks with Jade and Caleb's relationship being a serious issue.

The story develops nicely in this sequel, building on the first book while still leaving some questions to be answered in the future. I really like how the kids are slowly learning how to use their powers and we are gradually shown what potential each one of them has. Caleb brings some new zombies into play in this and some of them are entertaining in their own way. This story also has a bit of a thriller/mystery aspect that is done very well. The true culprit is hidden until the shocking revelation of the true bad guy. I am fully invested in this series now and will be following it until the end for certain. I will also most likely be looking into other works by Tamara to see if her other stuff lives up to the standards set by this series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Death Speaks, 20 Feb. 2014
I am really enjoying these books as they continue with the story but it takes a new twist. No one is who you think they are, although I'll admit that Garcia is becoming slightly annoying with his mood swings! If he carries on the way he is, I might end up with whiplash. Caleb continues to grow and use his talent although he is already doing things that the 'teachers' are clueless about. His relationship with Jade helps to keep him steady although the rest of his life, both in school and out, leaves a bit to be desired.

This story continues to delight without being fluffy and the characters continue to grow into who they are and will be. I am off to read the next book now as I really do want to see more of Clyde and Onyx. Recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 29 Oct. 2013
OneCatEvil (Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Not bad - its a young adult book but although loosly termed an adult I am not young :) Didn't like - the fact that the boys refer to the female charectors as 'the girls' all the time and keep going on about defending them - I can punch someone myself thanks! (again I wonder if this is a Brit V American thing). As I have bought the follow on you can tell little annoyances haven't put me off. I enjoy the plot line, it is well structured and not overly complicated. Apart from constantly getting into fights the main guys are ok and I'm interested to see where this goes next

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story!, 7 Feb. 2014
Great story, great series! Well worth a read for anyone whos ever wondered what life would be like if everyone had supernatural abilities!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Sept. 2014
this has totally gotten me hooked i loved this