5.0 out of 5 stars Sorts Out Ulcers & "Leaky Guts"!!
My partner who after an exhaustive amount of Online reading came to the conclusion that he was suffering from either an Ulcer or "Leaky Guts". He was suffering with:

Bloating and gas.
BAD indigestion. (He would wake in the night with a mouthful of stomach acid quite often!).
Cravings for sweet stuff/eating constantly.
Nausea/feeling hot...
Published 13 months ago by Susan Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
I suppose as a glutamine it does it job but it could taste nicer, much nicer....
Published 3 months ago by Jakub O.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorts Out Ulcers & "Leaky Guts"!!, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Muscleform L-Glutamine 500g Powder - Resealable Pouch- 100 days Supply - (Personal Care)

Bloating and gas.
Cravings for sweet stuff/eating constantly.
Nausea/feeling hot "sicky".
Lack of energy.

We purchased this item and he began to take it. On an empty stomach before eating in the morning he would put ONE heaped teaspoon into NON CONCENTRATE apple juice (you could use anything he just liked the apple!). Now bear in mind that a glass of water could sometimes set of his indigestion!! (NO JOKE!). And just before bed he would have the same again on an empty stomach.

By the SECOND day of this he noticed NO acid "burps". By the THIRD he noticed no cravings or desire for "sweet stuff" and remarked that he felt he had much more energy! He also noticed he was losing a fare amount of weight (fat i should say!). He has felt BETTER after a week of taking this than he has felt for years. He remarked "it feels like i have lost 10 years off my age!" He is 36!

He has no problems with feeling tired AT ALL during the day now and also finds he is eating FAR LESS and hasn't craved chocolate sweet things AT all and finds he doesn't "need to eat that stuff" now!! We have given some of this to a friend who seems to have some of the issues my partner has....... Now she is eating curry's/spicy food with NO issues!! We are just about (now) to order ANOTHER bag it IS THAT GOOD! he says he will continue to take it indefinitely:

[...]

Susan Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected., 26 July 2012
The only gripe I have about this product is if it goes up in price as I've become complacent about it now and I'm sure I will buy it again, and again if need be.

The taste is fair and as one can expect; does not impede or intervene beverages but I highly recommened taking it down in one fell-swoop as L-Glu can settle and every gram counts imho.

Also, be sure not to take L-Glutamine with hot beverages as heat destroyes this compound. Don't store it in heat either; this is just information I came across and I believe is useful as it can easily be overlooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars L-Glutamine Powder, 26 May 2012
Koriel Tannhauser (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
If you are looking for L-Glutamine powder you probably already know exactly what it is doing, and why you want to buy it. I've been using this particular brand for the past few months - about 5-15g each day (15g on training day, 5g on non-training). It mixes well with water (or juices) and its taste - by itself - is not bad (personally I drink it just with water - it's good enough for me, but you can try mix it with some juice or even add it to a protein drink). I didn't notice any difference between this type of L-Glutamine and other (much more expensive) products -> so I guess this brand is working just fine. There were no problems with the delivery, and I will be buying that again in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous treatment for MS and Lupus sufferers - works for me, 23 Mar 2014
L-Glutamine powder has improved my life so much. I have MS and Lupus SLE which affects my mobility.
L-G allows me much more mobility as it has strengthened the muscles in my legs and given me inspiration to
lead a more 'normal' way of life and not be trapped at home not going out of my home much, due to lack of
strength. L-Glutamine is simply amazing.
Have recommended it to many likewise sufferers of MS and Lupus SLE.
My GP says to give it a go as well.
Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars This helped me with my Crohn's disease!!!!, 27 Sep 2013
I never written any reviews before I hope this will help some people who are suffering like I did for past 10 years with pain and bleeding hoping and waiting for a cure, it might not work for every one but worth giving it ago along side with existing medication. I eat porridge for breakfast and taking my medication and probiotic multivitamins.

I used to go weight training five times a week until I got struck with Crohn's disease 10 years ago left me unable to do any thing the things I used to do.
I have tried every thing, from Chinese medicines to what ever I could find to try to ease the pain and bleeding spent endless amount of money trying different things then finding myself back in a Hospital again.
I did wonder if any body else was suffering like me who want to get back on their feet, back in the gym again. I started to read discussion boards on body building websites until I came across some people body builders been taking this stuff called L-Glutamine amino acid that repairs body tissue after the work out when muscle gets ripped through work out. I thought I give it a go. Got nothing to loose and it didn't work for first two week of me taking it then I found out why!! then I started to take it first thing in the morning on my empty stomach half an hour before eating any food as the heat destroys the compound and things started to change for good from past three week i never felt better no pains been going to gym and I even when to snowdonia national park in north wales walked to the top of the snowdonia mountain... I only used to get 1 or 2 good day in a week if i'm lucky at this rate I feel normal so far its working for me I will update further if my symptoms return please share if you have some things that might have worked for you to help others thanks you for reading.

28-02-2014
Follow up from previous as I said I would update.
have now been on this stuff for a while had noticed my fingers joints not hurting me no more.
my sister lives in the USA been suffering with her stomach pains after giving birth gone through three operations they could not find any thing wrong with her.
so I said to try this stuff and after six week she called me to say why I didn't tell her about this stuff before! her pain and bloating has disappeared as before she had to sit down after half hour standing or walking and now she can't sit still due to her boost of energy levels and lost weight. I had no side effects but it made me drink lots of wine due to not been able to drink for 11 years I could only take one sip and it was like as if i have swallowed broken glass and pain would then start.
I can say i'm now expending my blinds business further I thank the lord for pointing me in to the right direction as I can now start living like a normal Pearson.

This is my last post on this product I hope this will help some people who are still suffering with pain/bleeding every day and night like i did.

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential supplement for bodybuilders and athletes, 3 Sep 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I had read from a number of reliable sources that taking Glutamine had numerous benefits and I wanted to experience them for myself. I purchased the Muscleform brand because it is the best value Glutamine on Amazon.co.uk.

Benefits of Glutamine:
- Increases growth hormone levels by 400%
- Boosts the immune system
- Maintains muscle cell volume
- Increases muscle protein synthesis
- Prevents muscles from being broken down
- Speeds up wound healing and recovery (muscle soreness)

Mixing and Taste:
When I first tried the product by mixing 5g (tea spoon) with a glass full of water I found that it mixed reasonably well and tasted relatively sweet and there was a lot of it left inside the glass. I then found that mixing it with my protein shake completely dissolved it and there was none left inside the glass.

Results:
After taking 1 tea spoon (5g), 3 times a day with my protein shake I found that it made a positive difference to my muscle growth, strength and muscle fatigue during workouts. I also find that I have less illnesses (sore throats, colds, coughs etc) during the flu season (October to April) and generally feel better within myself.

This was my dosage and timing: (1 tea soon = 5g)

Training days:
Immediately upon waking up (5g)
30-45 mins pre workout (5g)
Immediately after workout (5g)
60 mins before going to bed (5g)

Non Training days:
Immediately upon waking up (5g)
Lunchtime (5g)
60 mins before going to bed (5g)

Who should be taking them:
Although these supplements are designed for body builders, they can also be taken by individuals who do any fitness activities and can also be taken by individuals who do not exercise. These would be particularly useful for burns patients as it is more likely to speed up the healing process.

Glutamine in protein powders:
Although you will find that most protein powders and meat sources contain glutamine, it's not in free form and you have to wait for your body to digest it and absorb it before it reaches your muscles. This Glutamine is in free form which means that it does not need to be broken down and can be absorbed very quickly into your muscles. Controlled studies have also shown that taking Whey with 5g of Glutamine increases muscle mass and strength a lot more than just taking Whey without extra Glutamine.

Side effects:
Although every supplement has the potential to cause undesired side effects, I did not experience any whilst taking the product and will update this review in the event that any side affects do occur over time.

Value:
At £11.95 for 500g on 04/09/2014 I believe that this product offers exceptional value for money and is much cheaper than the other brands that I have tried (PhD Nutrition, Optimum Nutrition and USN). It is also equally effective and is ideal for individuals who do not have a healthy budget dedicated to supplements (like me). This is now the only one that I buy and would highly recommend it.

Verdict:
An essential supplement for athletes and non athletes.

Disclaimer: I would recommended discussing taking this with your Doctor before buying it, especially if you are unwell or are taking any medication.

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review please follow the link below.

Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars More "go-faster powders", 25 Jun 2014
I can't give this product 5 stars, because my backside has become a lethal weapon of mass destruction, since partaking!

(They don't mention such side effects!)

Well, actually, the awful pongs only become noticeable if you OD on the stuff. A teaspoon is more than enough per helping...... and, once yer liver is sorted, the smells seem to fade........

I am just on the cusp of 70, so what would I want with this stuff? Well, I am informed it has a wide range of benefits for the metabolism and heart/lung system........ even if you do not (or cannot) work out.... and I cerainly feel better for the couple of weeks I have been using it.

My son is so impressed that he is driving me up to Scotland tomorrow, for a visit (we live on the Solent). Until I started on these "go faster powders" I was pretty much confined to the house, except for a daily plod to the local shops!

All I need now is something to sort out my inner ear and the associated vertigo attacks.

Really this is a 5 star product for me.......... Iwonder where I can buy some cheapo gas masks........

5.0 out of 5 stars Glutamine powder, 4 Mar 2012
F. anderson - See all my reviews
Arrived very quickly and well packaged. Have used other glutamine powder but this one is easy to mix and drink. Deffo recommended and will use again and again and again.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, pure stuff too, 4 Jan 2013
Great for body building and fitness. Came complete and as advertised. I am only a few days in to using it but already I think there's a difference. Will buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Leaky Gut Syndrome, 16 April 2014
Mr. R. W. O'Neil "Bobby-O" (London) - See all my reviews
Supposedly L-Glutamine is a great way to help heal excessive intestinal permeability. I take a tea-spoonful with some water on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and this has seemed to help. Not the 'cure' you might be looking for but certainly a good adjunct to help the healing.