5.0 out of 5 stars The best way to keep your lens safe
Published on 12 April 2011 by Michael Watts

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit big
I bought this as a non bulky protector for my Canon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6IS lens with lens hood, while it is off my camera body. As expected from the description, it is not bulky which means it takes up less space when not in use. My only disappointment with it is the size, it is too big for this lens/hood combination.
Published 15 months ago by M Higgins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best way to keep your lens safe, 12 April 2011
Michael Watts (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
When you spend your hard earned money on an expensive lens, you will want to protect them the best way you can. Before I purchased this pouch I used a plastic bag and bubble wrap. It was OK but plastic is not very durable. This Neoprene rubber pouch offers protection from scratches, dust and moisture. Don't expect that if you drop it on the floor the lens will be in tact because it is not designed for this sort of treatment. I do have a camera bag and I always carry my spare lens in a pouch for added protection.
Before you order any size pouch, check the pouch internal size to your lens dimensions.
Below is a guide on what each pouch will accept.
Matin Neoprene Lens Pouch size 50 Small.
The pouch will accept a lens up to 90mm in Diameter and 90mm in length
Matin Neoprene Lens Pouch size 100 Medium.
The pouch will accept a lens up to 100mm in Diameter and 120mm in length
Matin Neoprene Lens Pouch size 200 Large.
The pouch will accept a lens up to 105mm in Diameter and 150mm in length
Matin Neoprene Lens Pouch size 300 X Large.
The pouch will accept a lens up to 105mm in Diameter and 220mm in length
Matin Neoprene Lens Pouch size 400 XX Large.
The pouch will accept a lens up to 115mm in Diameter and 270mm in length

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful interchangeable lens pouches, 19 April 2009
I have used a neoprene action cover for my DSLR ever since reading about them in an excellent 'primer' on building a DSLR system.

[]

As I often use a variety of rucksacs etc, rather than a bespoke camera bag, when out in the hills, I needed something similar to protect my additional lenses. This neoprene 'tube' with a drawstring closure and clip-on hook system (belt attachment) is available in several sizes. In my case I purchased three of them (different sizes) for Ultra Wide Angle, Telephoto and a specialized small prime lens that I usually carry.

They seem to work fine based on 2 months experience. You really can pack and forget...

Different brands are supplied by Amazon from time to time but I believe they all serve the same purpose pretty well. Generally well worth the outlay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lens pouch large., 29 April 2011
I bought this for my Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 and it fits well. I use it for extra protection in the camera bag but I think it will be OK for putting into a daysack when I don't take the bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly practical way of protecting my telephoto lens!, 17 May 2011
I purchased this the other day and received today (super quick). Was pleased to see that the Matin neoprene 200 was the right size for my Tamron 70-300mm (used with a Canon EOS 400D). Definitely the right size - Wouldn't have wanted bigger as I don't want the lens swimming in the case\sleeve. It's by no means a tight fit but it's certainly snug with the drawstring closed and feels very well made. Belt clip may come in handy too but, like others, I bought this to avoid carrying a bulky camera bag as well as a 50 litre backpack while travelling in S.E Asia. I won't be worried about my lens with this on (although I won't be dropping it either, needless to say). I've also now invested in something similar for the body with and 18-55mm lens attached.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lens case, 20 May 2011
This lens case holds more than you think, my 300 fits in with no trouble.
I received it in extra quick time so a very good company to do business with.
Totally happy, Thank you very much

5.0 out of 5 stars Matin Neoprene Lens Pouch 200 Large, 26 Mar 2011
Great pouch for my Pentax 28-300mm lens, fits just right, allowing the draw string to be pulled up to completley close the pouch and protect the lens, a must have for any camera bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job for 70-300mm, 18 Mar 2011
Measuring 160mm in height, this lens pouch is recommended for 70-210mm lenses but caters nicely for 70-300mm zoom.

Handy clip and side carry strap make it versatile without adding too much bulk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Purchase with lightning fast delivery!, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: Matin Pouch 200 Neoprene Case for Lens (Accessory)
Absolutely Superb buy, it arrived within 2 days with free delivery...thank you Amazon!
I bought this Matin Pouch 200 specifically for my Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di Macro Lens Sony Fit.
The pouch was just slightly too large on diameter & length but came with a soft but strong 6mm thick removable packing liner which I have trimmed with scissors to give a nice snug fit for the lens diameter and also cut a few circles of it to fit into the base of the pouch, this gives even greater protection.
I am very happy with this purchase and would highly recommend it as very good value for money!
Dave

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value lens pouch, 30 Sep 2009
This lens pouch fits my lens like a glove and is well padded to prevent damage.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price is quite well made and it looks like it will last, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Matin Pouch 200 Neoprene Case for Lens (Accessory)
Very well made and looks that it's going to last for quite long time.
I think in general gives a very good protection for your lens.
It's made with a thick neoprene (maybe 5, 6 mm).
Of course you shouldn't expect that this pouch will give you great protection againstaccidental falls.

Remark: I bought it to my Tamron 70-300 (VC version) and it fits nicelly with the hood attached.
Without the hood it will fit a little loose.
A longer lens will not fit.
When you pull the strings to close the pouch, the lens cap is still visible (Tamron with hood attached)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›