Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more

on 13 January 2014
The winder appears to be well made and is quite aesthetic in design. It is easy to operate and does what it says on the box... Just one minor gripe, not enough to affect the rating ) the depth of the watch holder needs to be increased slightly in order to properly accommodate watch bands that have a deployment clasp! Other than that I have no problem in recommending this item!
on 30 January 2014
I bought this for my elderly neighbor. He was having trouble keeping his very nice automatic watch wound up. The Time Tutelary is doing the job for him over night. His watch is now keeping good time. My only comment is that it doesn't automatically reverse the motion but this can be done by the flick of the switch. This evens out the wear on the winding motion. Do far it seems good value for money and does a good job.
on 11 April 2016
Bought one of these a few years ago and it worked ok at first, although it doesn't keep my watch fully wound - the watch has a 40 hour power reserve when fully wound and this winder will keep it going for a couple of weeks but it eventually stops. I suppose it depends how much movement your watch needs to keep it going. So I usually have to wind the watch manually to top it up when I take it off the winder. But at least it keeps it going between wearings as long as I don't leave it off for more than a few weeks. And it keeps the watch mechanism moving which is supposed to be a good thing. It would be better if it reversed direction automatically though.

It is not totally silent but not too bad, although if you had it next to your bed you might notice it.

Since purchasing I have had to carry out maintenance several times! It is easy to take apart and replace the rubber drive belt (I have done this twice, replacement belts are cheap on ebay). Also I have had to take the gear case apart to lubricate it as it seems to be full of thick grease like Vaseline which seems to become sticky over time and stops the motor. Cleaning it up a bit and applying thin oil seems to do the trick. The little motor is not very powerful so slipping belts and sticking gears will cause problems.

Overall, its ok and keeps my watch moving which is why I bought it. I paid £17 for mine, currently seems a bit expensive at around £30 for a plastic case, tiny motor, nylon gears and some simple electronics.
on 24 March 2014
Poorwinding quality fails to do the job sufficiently.nesds longer period of winding to keep watch wound up to work without stopping
on 20 December 2013
I am delighted with the product. It was a bit more expensive than I expected - but it works brilliantly.
on 29 May 2014
after having to have my watch repaired twice and being advised at the jewellers to by a watch winder I elected to by this. it does its job well with just a small amount of noise.the jeweller's quoted £200 +
on 23 February 2014
OK for standard watch, too small and feeble for my Seiko monster diver. I have to perch the cover just onto the rim to allow any clearance for the face, the strap slot is too small / shallow for large clasps, and despite starting life pretty quiet - after just 2 weeks has become grindy enough to wake me up. should've done more research.
Update:
After 7 months the switch failed and it would only rotate in one direction. shortly after quit completely. Couldn't be bothered to return.
on 29 December 2014
it does its job very well and is totally quiet very happy with it and would recommend it
on 18 November 2013
It does the job effectively as well as cheaply. Just twice over a year I found, when handling the unit to take out and later return the watch, that the unit didn't re-start until I wiggled the connector plug at its base. Not really a problem.
on 22 January 2015
Excellent little piece of kit.It sits on my bedside cabinet about two feet from my head,works away all night and I cannot hear a thing.Next morning,watch fully wound after a quiet nights sleep.Highly recommended.

See one answered question